Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4551413 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25605 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:06:20 »

That doesn't answer the question

You'll have to make your own mind up as I can't stand any of that shit

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25606 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:12:11 »

You'll have to make your own mind up as I can't stand any of that shit

You don't like drugs! We get it, I think we all heard you the first time.

But you still have not answered the question. If recreational drug users are druggies, does that mean you're an alky?

If you're a drinker then you ARE a recreational drug user. Alcohol is a drug, a rather addictive one at that.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25607 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:22:08 »

You don't like drugs! We get it, I think we all heard you the first time.

But you still have not answered the question. If recreational drug users are druggies, does that mean you're an alky?

If you're a drinker then you ARE a recreational drug user. Alcohol is a drug, a rather addictive one at that.

A few beers or glasses of wine per week purchashed legally is not addictive so in my opinion there's no comparison between the two but If you choose to snort coke illegally just to get your kick more fool you as you have no idea where it comes from ans must have too much money. What next needles in your arm for more excitement?

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25608 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:37:19 »

A few beers or glasses of wine per week purchashed legally is not addictive so in my opinion there's no comparison between the two

The occasional gram of coke is not addictive, either. The two compare rather well.

but If you choose to snort coke illegally just to get your kick more fool you as you have no idea where it comes from

I'd rather snort it legally.

Which ties in with the underlined part. Drugs being illegal makes them more dangerous because they are not regulated. In that sense, the law actually puts people at a greater risk rather than protecting them. (And increases profits for criminal elements)

ans must have too much money. What next needles in your arm for more excitement?

I said before, coke is too expensive - I've not done it for months. And the needles comment only highlights that you do not know what you are talking about, and is a slippery slope fallacy. I have no interest in jacking up because I am not addicted. I am not addicted because I use drugs recreationally on the odd occasion, in the same way you don't consume your own choice of drug to the point where you become addicted

So what about when beer doesn't do it for you anymore? Are you going to turn to needles?
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:43:53 by Flashheart » Logged
scillyred

« Reply #25609 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 18:39:46 »

Glad to hear you have enjoyed retirement so far.

Having lost my wife a few years ago I didn’t plan to work any longer than I had to.

Like you I want to do some of those things I’ve not been able to now, the lump sum from VR helps with that.

If we are ever down your way, maybe we can share a Pint

Any time  Beers
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25610 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:04:59 »

The occasional gram of coke is not addictive, either. The two compare rather well.

I'd rather snort it legally.

Which ties in with the underlined part. Drugs being illegal makes them more dangerous because they are not regulated. In that sense, the law actually puts people at a greater risk rather than protecting them. (And increases profits for criminal elements)

I said before, coke is too expensive - I've not done it for months. And the needles comment only highlights that you do not know what you are talking about, and is a slippery slope fallacy. I have no interest in jacking up because I am not addicted. I am not addicted because I use drugs recreationally on the odd occasion, in the same way you don't consume your own choice of drug to the point where you become addicted

So what about when beer doesn't do it for you anymore? Are you going to turn to needles?

It's not aimed at you personally but I see enough smack heads where I am to know you have to be crazy to get into that shit plus I often see the shit if society doing their dealing outside family homes and kids play parks thinking their being cool and nobody has clocked them. Ref - needles I hardly drink and can take it or leave it and don't need anything to space me out

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25611 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:11:38 »

It's not aimed at you personally but I see enough smack heads where I am to know you have to be crazy to get into that shit

So you don't know of any alcoholics? I know A LOT more alcoholics than I do 'smack-heads'.

Are alcoholics more acceptable to you than smack heads?

plus I often see the shit if society doing their dealing outside family homes and kids play parks thinking their being cool and nobody has clocked them.

That comes back to the law again. There would be no dealers selling coke in 'kids play parks' if it was not illegal. There would be dealers 'in kids play parks' selling alcohol if alcohol was made illegal.

Ref - needles I hardly drink and can take it or leave it and don't need anything to space me out

And I've not done cocaine in months...

I challenge you to give a single argument against cocaine that does not also apply to your drug of choice.

« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:18:42 by Flashheart » Logged
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #25612 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:15:57 »

I have no interest in jacking up because I am not addicted. I am not addicted because I use drugs recreationally on the odd occasion, in the same way you don't consume your own choice of drug to the point where you become addicted

You really should have said in the same vein there.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Flashheart

« Reply #25613 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:16:23 »

FWIW...

I'm not saying drugs are OK. I'm well aware of the damage they can do and people should be kept safe from them (although drug laws just don't work).

I'm just intrigued how somebody that uses a drug recreationally can criticize other people who do drugs recreationally. It's hypocrisy on steroids.
Flashheart

« Reply #25614 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:17:24 »

You really should have said in the same vein there.

Cheesy

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25615 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:17:34 »

I don't know any alcoholics personally but seen a few smack heads over the years who were mentally screwed up and turned to crime to fuel their habit and when I get my bottle of red or case of Bud I'm buying with confidence as it's legally manufactured and sold in reputable outlets can you say that about your coke when you've taken it?
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:22:43 by Jimmy Quinn » Logged

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25616 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:22:43 »

I don't know any alcoholics personally

Oh, so that makes it OK?

I mean, you are aware that alcoholics exist, right? People who have become addicted to the same drug you choose to use?

and when I get my bottle of red or case of Bud I'm buying with confidence as it's legally manufactured and sold in reputable outlets can you say that about your coke when you've taken it?

We've already done this.

It's the law that forces drugs underground, meaning their production is not regulated. If alcohol was forced underground then you'd also find dangerous alcohol on the market.

So, you agree that maybe laws should be adjusted to help ensure cocaine users can get access to a safe product?

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25617 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:24:13 »

Nope I'll never agree that shit like that should be legalised and why would anyone want to snort something up their nose is beyond me

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25618 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:29:00 »

Nope I'll never agree that shit like that should be legalised and why would anyone want to snort something up their nose is beyond me

So, one of your main gripes (that you keep on repeating), is that cocaine's dangerous because people don't know where/how it's been made. But, you oppose taking measures that would solve that problem...

If you don't agree with cocaine being legalized (and I didn't even suggest it should be legalized), why do you agree with alcohol being legal?

Again, I challenge you to give a single argument against cocaine that does not also apply to your drug of choice.
« Last Edit: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:30:49 by Flashheart » Logged
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25619 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:35:55 »

It's not me you have to convince if you think it's ok to be legalised. Like I said how anyone wants to shove anything up their nose for enjoyment yet alone for normality is baffling

So, give no fucks
Pages: 1 ... 1705 1706 1707 [1708] 1709 1710 1711 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: