Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 1712 ... 1933   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4550912 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #25620 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:42:16 »

I give up.

You pop up belittling people choose to use a particular drug yet, when asked how your own choice of drug is somehow OK, you just go off on tangents to avoid answering the question.

Let's try once more.

I challenge you to give a single argument against cocaine that does not also apply to your drug of choice.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25621 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:45:35 »

I challenged you twice to justify it and it's normality and it's normality but you must have missed that question. Out of curiosity where would you do that shit even if it was legal in public as it would look very odd?

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25622 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:53:38 »

Out of curiosity where would you do that shit even if it was legal in public as it would look very odd?

Perhaps, maybe, on a mirror? Why/how would it look odd, and so what if it did? There's no need to answer that, I'm not really interested in the answer as it's just another odd tangent.

Yeah.

I give up, this is a waste of time.

I have literally already said that I am not saying drugs is OK, and that I'm just curious about how one addictive drug is supposedly OK but another is not. I'm not trying to justify anything, but you are trying to belittle people but have no answer when challenged on your hypocrisy.

I'm done.

Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25623 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 19:56:26 »

So it's normal to snort powder or any substance up your nose I've heard it all now. Enjoy your hobby I'm out of here.

So, give no fucks
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25624 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 20:02:05 »

Hi Posh
My experiences/tips
I was in a reasonably senior Civil Service post in my early 50s and hated the job, so much to the astonishment of my work colleague and friends, I decided to retire.
I was able to take my pension early, albeit at a seriously reduced amount.
We moved to Scilly, where we had holidayed for many years and set up a small scale craft business and managed a few holiday cottages.
After a few years this started to feel like a job, so we retired again - serial quitters ?
Luckily, our outgoings are minimal as there is really not much to spend money on here, most people are not materialistic, everyone dresses down, we dont' need a car and have no mortgage.
As long as your income is greater than outgoings and you have an emergency fund, financial stresses should not occur. I saved every possible penny for the 2 years before I retired - it was amazing how much I managed to accumulate.
I now play golf several times a week, tootle in my boat in the summer and volunteer for a variety of charity works etc. No two days are the same.
If you leave retirement too late, things you want to do now, you may not be able to do in your mid late 60s due to ill health, physical problems or just a lack of motivation !
Suffice to say I do not regret my decision to 'drop out' for a second.
Have fun  Pint Pint Pint

Wow. I have huge admiration for you. Fair play.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25625 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 22:25:42 »

Blimey - this was a good read.
Flashheart

« Reply #25626 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 22:49:53 »

Blimey - this was a good read.

You fucking started it, you druggie!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25627 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:09:04 »

Scilly's Tom Good!

You're right though, we all think we don't have enough money and we have plenty of time

seems silly, but at 47  I've already missed one life goal in my bucket list through aging. Namely the London marathon following the disintegration of my knee cartridge.

Thing is, 2 kids and a very very average pension pot makes it feel I'll work until I drop.

still, fate willing I've only 5 3/4 years left on the mortgage
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25628 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:31:32 »

As morbid as it sounds at 35 - my retirement fund will be what I inherit.

I’m an only child. My Mother was an only child. I received a nice sum from my Gramp (Mum’s dad) when he passed & should in theory inherit my entire parent’s estate - unless they really hate me and do something crazy with it.

Maybe not the safest plan but working past the age where I’d be too old to enjoy the leisure time doesn’t appeal

...all the boy become a footballer and earns enough to keep us!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25629 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:33:18 »

That makes it sound like I don’t have a pension or don’t save anything.

Obviously I do. I’m not that reckless to rely solely on inheritance.

Just that might be the different being able to get out between 55-60 rather closer to 70
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25630 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 08:43:20 »

Sensible post and it sounds like you have a definite plan for the future. I'm now right in the middle of the age bracket you want to retire and I'm in the position that you want to be in and it's now up to me to decide when the time is right to get out of the rat race.

So, give no fucks
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25631 on: Sunday, May 23, 2021, 17:05:15 »

Congratulations to Sutton Utd

So, give no fucks
scillyred

« Reply #25632 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 07:43:19 »

Scilly's Tom Good!

You're right though, we all think we don't have enough money and we have plenty of time

seems silly, but at 47  I've already missed one life goal in my bucket list through aging. Namely the London marathon following the disintegration of my knee cartridge.

Thing is, 2 kids and a very very average pension pot makes it feel I'll work until I drop.

still, fate willing I've only 5 3/4 years left on the mortgage

However much or little you have you tend to live to your budget.
If you feel you need more, there are loads of small jobs you can pick up.
I also did a bit of gardening and decorating. Charged £15/hour, soon helped pay for those annoying little bills and you can do it in your own time. Customers like a reliable older handyman !
Our financial advisor told us that the majority of her clients over 70 spent very little, died, left it in inheritances and it soon disappeared. It's your life & your money !!

Puffin Early Retirement Consultancy Plc
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25633 on: Monday, May 24, 2021, 16:02:36 »

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57226704

I must have got about a dozen of these recently. The real crime is that basically they are praying on the vulerable.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #25634 on: Wednesday, May 26, 2021, 08:40:55 »

Our little 'un had first football training session yesterday, and she absolutely loved it!
Pages: 1 ... 1706 1707 1708 [1709] 1710 1711 1712 ... 1933   Go Up
Print
Jump to: