Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 1709 ... 1931   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: trivial things that make you smile,or make you feel good  (Read 4518058 times)
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25575 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 06:34:56 »

No worries

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25576 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 06:44:38 »

By the time I'm 60 I plan to have a semi-passive income on the go where I can just boss my minions around for an hour or so and then fuck off to the pub or beach or whatever. I've got 15 years to make it happen.

Facist Tory cunt.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #25577 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 06:51:43 »

Congrats to all the retirees. A client of mine said to me this week it must be a bit depressing helping people to retire all the time but be quite some time away from retirement myself. The cheeky cunt.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #25578 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 08:11:32 »

Funnily enough, I am currently awaiting some test results which could substantially impact upon my future plans.

Hope you get positive news JBZ.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25579 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 09:25:58 »

^^^^ ditto
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25580 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 09:41:46 »

The wonder of the human mind, and it's capacity to remember useless things.

I woke up with Dexys "Jackie Wilson"  going around my mind. Makes sense, was listening to a live album of theirs yesterday and this was missing.

But when my half asleep Brian (Sic) got to "I'm in heaven", it replaced it with "Bernie Slaven"

Bernie Slaven. Why, why would my brain retain a non descript retired players name for what,  decade or two, then spew it out now.

fascinating
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #25581 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 09:53:39 »

I’ve become a bit of a Sudoku addict and I keep seeing number combinations in everything.
scillyred

« Reply #25582 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 14:49:46 »

Early retirement.
Have just taken voluntary redundancy & now planning on retiring

Hi Posh
My experiences/tips
I was in a reasonably senior Civil Service post in my early 50s and hated the job, so much to the astonishment of my work colleague and friends, I decided to retire.
I was able to take my pension early, albeit at a seriously reduced amount.
We moved to Scilly, where we had holidayed for many years and set up a small scale craft business and managed a few holiday cottages.
After a few years this started to feel like a job, so we retired again - serial quitters ?
Luckily, our outgoings are minimal as there is really not much to spend money on here, most people are not materialistic, everyone dresses down, we dont' need a car and have no mortgage.
As long as your income is greater than outgoings and you have an emergency fund, financial stresses should not occur. I saved every possible penny for the 2 years before I retired - it was amazing how much I managed to accumulate.
I now play golf several times a week, tootle in my boat in the summer and volunteer for a variety of charity works etc. No two days are the same.
If you leave retirement too late, things you want to do now, you may not be able to do in your mid late 60s due to ill health, physical problems or just a lack of motivation !
Suffice to say I do not regret my decision to 'drop out' for a second.
Have fun  Pint Pint Pint
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #25583 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 15:01:16 »

One of my favourite posts for a while.  ^ ^ ^ ^

Sounds wonderful, Scilly.  Something to aspire to.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #25584 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:14:31 »

Hi Posh
My experiences/tips
I was in a reasonably senior Civil Service post in my early 50s and hated the job, so much to the astonishment of my work colleague and friends, I decided to retire.
I was able to take my pension early, albeit at a seriously reduced amount.
We moved to Scilly, where we had holidayed for many years and set up a small scale craft business and managed a few holiday cottages.
After a few years this started to feel like a job, so we retired again - serial quitters ?
Luckily, our outgoings are minimal as there is really not much to spend money on here, most people are not materialistic, everyone dresses down, we dont' need a car and have no mortgage.
As long as your income is greater than outgoings and you have an emergency fund, financial stresses should not occur. I saved every possible penny for the 2 years before I retired - it was amazing how much I managed to accumulate.
I now play golf several times a week, tootle in my boat in the summer and volunteer for a variety of charity works etc. No two days are the same.
If you leave retirement too late, things you want to do now, you may not be able to do in your mid late 60s due to ill health, physical problems or just a lack of motivation !
Suffice to say I do not regret my decision to 'drop out' for a second.
Have fun  Pint Pint Pint

Glad to hear you have enjoyed retirement so far.

Having lost my wife a few years ago I didn’t plan to work any longer than I had to.

Like you I want to do some of those things I’ve not been able to now, the lump sum from VR helps with that.

If we are ever down your way, maybe we can share a Pint
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #25585 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:42:58 »

Cocaine - it’s a hell of a drug isn’t it?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25586 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:46:10 »

Strange comment

So, give no fucks
Flashheart

« Reply #25587 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:50:22 »

Cocaine - it’s a hell of a drug isn’t it?

Yep. Enjoy.

Just so expensive it's difficult to justify paying. Special occasions only for me.
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #25588 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:52:32 »

Can you druggies make do with a spliff

So, give no fucks
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #25589 on: Saturday, May 22, 2021, 16:54:54 »

Can you druggies make do with a spliff

Skinning and separating all the seeds from a pomegranate, which I’ve not enjoyed for a number of years.
Pages: 1 ... 1703 1704 1705 [1706] 1707 1708 1709 ... 1931   Go Up
Print
Jump to: