Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Leeds United official matchday thread  (Read 68942 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #465 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:23:10 »

Ace performance by the lads tonight. Ditto Wilson and his management team.

Dirty Leeds may not have been concentrating 100% because of the FA cup run, but who gives a fuck? We can only beat whatever team lines up in front of us, and tonight we beat the fucking shit out of a side who were all-conquering up until recently.

Beckford is a twat. He has talent, but is such an arrogant, self important cunt. If I was Grayson, I'd sell the wanker before his shit attitude infects and spoils the whole team.

Still pinching myself at how quickly Wilson has turned us into such a good side, specially after the start we had to the season without a reliable striker.

Aside from his goals, Austin's overal contribution to the side has been brilliant since he joined us. He seems to bring out the best in Paynter too, which is a bonus for him and us.

As Shirtliff said post-match, there is a long way to go till the end of the season, but we have a strong squad of players with a sublime mix of experience, strength, desire and ability. The blend may include loan players who sometimes don't pull their weight, but somehow Wilson has got them all working hard both for each other and for the club.

Happy days;-)

SCM

Ignore
« Reply #466 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:26:54 »

Now that, was fucking sensational.

That is all.
Barry Scott

« Reply #467 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:27:03 »

I'd make other plans for the 6th then, when the rest of us will be watching the Charlton game.

It'll be alright. I'm good at being a friendly silver-tongued suck-up and better, if required, at sucking off stewards.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:28:54 by Barry Scott » Logged
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #468 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:46:09 »

As stated earlier in the thread, I was a dirty plastic an went to the Stereophonics gig, which was fantastic but still, the scoreline was travelling around the room and people were going crazy- some guy had a scrolling scoreboard on his phone he was holding up. You may have had a full house in the ground, but I assure you a lot of the people in the Oasis were interested in Town even though they hadn't gone, not just me- if we keep these performances up, our attendances can rise, and rise significantly.

Well fucking done to Danny and all the players, I'm absolutely buzzing tonight, just wish I could have been in two places at once!
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #469 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:49:29 »

Holy Shit where do you start or indeed finish after that ? Pretty much all has been said about individuals performances which deserve all the praise that they get, I think particularly Lesch in fucking difficult circumstances to say the least (and fair play to Leeds for donating to the Haiti funds), and Ward for putiing in the effort that a loanee isn't expected to give but well and truly did, and BP for a monster performance, but also overall a defence that look as good as we've had for God knows how long (including Lucas), a midfield we've wanted for even longer and forwards that look like they will score regularly...and do.
Great atmosphere in the Town End tonight but also around the whole ground (away end not included) and fair play for the DR Stand making me realise that the ditty 'WHO R YA' actually really does have its place in ridiculing opposition fans, you looked good !
Also maybe because after years supporting the Town and this is the first time I've seen us beat Leeds I have another game that will stay in my brain cells to make me smile quietly to myself......in times of need !
I'm now off to wake my wife up in a very spacial way ! Flaccid Dick
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #470 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:50:41 »

What a game. So glad I travelled back for it. Could not fault anybody tonight. LJF was faultless and deserves a lot of credit for the way he played, considering how tough things must be right now. Not sure I'd have given MOTM to Douglas but he did his usual fantastic job and it'll piss off the Leeds fans so why not! Cuthbert had a top game. Him and Greer hardly gave Beckford a sniff.

Are you watching Ferguson?

fantastic performance tonight. LJF was hardly faultless tho?? he is the type of player where u have to accept the gd and the bad. his distribution out from the back is shocking, he cant seem to play the simple balls to feet. then he goes up the other end as he did against huddersfield and sets up a goal with a quality cross! confusing. douglas was outstanding and was between him and paynter for motm.
deltaincline

« Reply #471 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 00:53:50 »

Just spotted this on a Leeds forum:

Hi Guys, first post from me in ages, but those who do remember me might recall that I live in Swindon, and was at the game tonight.

I have to say that I think Grayson got it wrong tonight. We started 4-5-1 and, again, we were completely overrun in the first 20 mins. Everything that went up to Beckford came back too quickly. Crowe was very poor, as was Hughes to be fair.

Second mistake was taking Kilkenny off, he looked like the only one up for it to me. Becchio looked good when he came on and it was when we were having our best spell that they scored their second and the third straight after was a killer. Both 2nd half goals were from mistakes at the back.

I have to say that, unfortunately, Douglas was MoM. He completely outplayed Howson and won every 50:50 tackle. Swindon have got him playing in the right position for him and he is playing very well.

Am trying to find a positive. I guess, strange as it might seem I liked the fact that Beckford was @#$%& off with the midfield. They were not giving him anything and at least he looked like he cared. 
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #472 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:01:28 »

LJF was hardly faultless tho?? he is the type of player where u have to accept the gd and the bad. his distribution out from the back is shocking, he cant seem to play the simple balls to feet.

I reckon LJF could score a hat trick and make a few goal line clearances before taking over from an injured Lucas in goal and saving a penalty and someone would still say "yeah, but he's still a bit shit really isn't he". He was one of our best players tonight, which is saying something as not a single player had a bad game.

The more I watch him play recently the more I wonder why Wilson doesn't try him on the left of midfield as he is pretty useful breaking down the wing. I know its not possible at the moment with Sheehan injured, but it is an option I'd like to see given a go when we have another left back fit.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #473 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:07:01 »

Tonight is why we do what we do, tonight is why we travel the length and breadth of the country. Tonight is why we marched and protested against diamandis and wills, tonight was fucking it.
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #474 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:08:07 »

I reckon LJF could score a hat trick and make a few goal line clearances before taking over from an injured Lucas in goal and saving a penalty and someone would still say "yeah, but he's still a bit shit really isn't he". He was one of our best players tonight, which is saying something as not a single player had a bad game.

The more I watch him play recently the more I wonder why Wilson doesn't try him on the left of midfield as he is pretty useful breaking down the wing. I know its not possible at the moment with Sheehan injured, but it is an option I'd like to see given a go when we have another left back fit.

please enlighten me on how he was one of our best players tonight? i counted atleast 5 times in the first half where he lost clear possesion in dangerous areas of the pitch. i am not saying he is awful just that he is a risk and a liability which in important games we cud do without sometimes. this is backed up by the amount of times wilson has subbed him early. what i am raising is whether the risk is greater than reward. his one moment of magic has won us games yet more so this season cost us. sheenan is no doubt our first choice when fit.
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #475 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:11:26 »

Tonight is why we do what we do, tonight is why we travel the length and breadth of the country. Tonight is why we marched and protested against diamandis and wills, tonight was fucking it.

Sums it up.

Tonight really signified that STFC is back on the map and becoming a force in football once again.

Long live the board and Wilson.

Honestly feel this side pisses all over the side the one that made the playoffs a while back. So good to be a town fan right now.

Oh and Lesc should be a winger, his strength frightens defenders, and as he proved tonight, he's got a bit of a cross on him too. Still at times looks suspect with the ball in dodgy areas, but he's not half as bad as some would have you believe.

UP THE REDS.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #476 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:20:27 »

Another post from a Leeds forum:

Just back from the game. We were shocking, almost from first to last.

ALL of their goals were self-inflicted wounds - Kisnorbo missing a header that led to their first, Hughes hopeless crossfield pass when there were simpler and better options on for their second, and the penalty was 'after you, Claude'. Would have been hilarious were it not Leeds.

I'm nonplussed, really. Swindon were an OK side, quite pacy, quite physical, slicked it around nicely at times, but we should not be getting beat by teams like this, and especially not in such a supine way.

The last bit makes me laugh.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #477 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:27:39 »

Another post from a Leeds forum:

The last bit makes me laugh.

Indeed Beckford did lay down a lot and let us win !  Smiley
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #478 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:38:52 »

'we should not be getting beat by sides like this'

"Listen you cocksucker. Your guys have stepped up their game for premiership sides, you're not a premiership team, and you have no players that will carve a successfull career in the premiership.

You got beat tonight by a team that wanted it more than you, showed more desire and commitment than your lads, and outplayed you, it had fuck all to do with you having 'nothing' and everything to do with us simply outclassing you on the night.

Stop thinking you're better than you are and treat every game and every team with the respect they derserve and you might get out of this league, otherwise you'll bottle it, again."

Would be my reply to that.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #479 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:41:07 »

"Listen you cocksucker. Your guys have stepped up their game for premiership sides, you're not a premiership team, and you have no players that will carve a successfull career in the premiership.

Cuthbert will, mark my words. Maybe Ferry in time, although you could argue he isn't technically ours.

Of the Leeds team though, who would? Beckford perhaps if he sorts his attitude (unlikely) and perhaps Snodgrass.

They might have good crowds, history etc, but if they think their current players are anything better than a decent Champo side they're deluded.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: