Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Leeds United official matchday thread  (Read 68064 times)
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #645 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 13:54:52 »

I just watched the highlights on the BBC website. How the fuck did their keeper not get a red card? He deliberately pulled Austin's leg as he was shooting with only one defender between him and the goal.

I saw the highlights yesterday and I noticed Austin pushed their defender and he went flying over Ankergren, so i'm surprised Leeds didn't get a freekick.
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #646 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:14:37 »

Precisely.  Either you want attendances to grow which means welcoming new fans to the club, or you can deride anyone who fails to show up at the County Ground at least 20 times a season with 'STFC' tattooed on their forehead as a part-timer.  You can't do both.  We need all the glory-hunting, part-time, plastic fans we can get.

I loved seeing it be a sell out against Leeds, but what really really annoys me, is when you get people who have seen there first game against Leeds and then go round wearing the Swindon shirt and claiming to be a fan. Fair enough if they started coming from then on, but never the case. Wonder how many of them will go to Wembley shall we reach the P/O Final  Unsure
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #647 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:16:00 »

I saw the highlights yesterday and I noticed Austin pushed their defender and he went flying over Ankergren, so i'm surprised Leeds didn't get a freekick.
I wasn't going to mention that, but I have to say I agree!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #648 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:23:18 »

what really really annoys me, is when you get people who have seen there first game against Leeds and then go round wearing the Swindon shirt and claiming to be a fan.
I'd rather they were wearing a Town shirt and claiming to be a fan, than a Man Utd or Chelsea shirt. If nothing else, at least the 30-odd quid goes to us
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #649 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:23:43 »

Depends how you look at it. I'd say the defender deliberately stopped and blocked Austin from getting to the ball, so Austin ran in to the back of him accidentally and he went over the keeper. You could argue it was obstruction.

Though having said that, it wouldn't have been too surprising if the ref had given a free kick against Austin.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #650 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 14:42:34 »

at the time i was very surprised that it wasnt given as a foul on the keeper as the usually are, also at the time I thought the penalty was given for handball by the defender after Austin had got the ball off of the keeper.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #651 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 16:44:18 »

I'm buying a ticket to name the Bank  the 'hug a plastic' stand

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #652 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 18:26:15 »

Sorry if this has been posted but are there any highlights anywhere that are free?
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #653 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 18:28:42 »

On bbc sport.  Go to league one, then swindon, its on that page.

Never knowingly overstated.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #654 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 18:29:49 »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swindon_town/default.stm

Never knowingly overstated.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #655 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 20:47:29 »

Depends how you look at it. I'd say the defender deliberately stopped and blocked Austin from getting to the ball, so Austin ran in to the back of him accidentally and he went over the keeper. You could argue it was obstruction.

Though having said that, it wouldn't have been too surprising if the ref had given a free kick against Austin.
If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candies and nuts...something something something.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #656 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 21:03:07 »

If 'ifs' and 'buts' were candies and nuts...something something something.

Another Gay Jam song you were probably dancing to at Jerrys party. Soapy Tit Wank

Rock ain't dead, Rock's alive.

Great times again supporting the Town..............after all of those shit times.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #657 on: Thursday, January 28, 2010, 21:04:36 »

Another Gay Jam song you were probably dancing to at Jerrys party. Soapy Tit Wank

Rock ain't dead, Rock's alive.

Great times again supporting the Town..............after all of those shit times.
WTF are you on???
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #658 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 00:49:01 »

A container holding 250,000 Leeds United shirts was returned by the people of Haiti with a note that read..." We have no homes, no food, no water But we still have our fucking dignity!!"
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #659 on: Friday, January 29, 2010, 12:29:46 »

Just spotted this from WACCOE, which sums Tuesday up as well as anything:

"we are like a dog at Christmas it seems, got a taste for chicken and turkey so don't want to eat our dog meat anymore"

Grin

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 43 [44]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: