Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 44   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Leeds United official matchday thread  (Read 69135 times)
DMR

« Reply #480 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:46:11 »

I',m fucking smashed,. Proeprm smasjed!!!

Whta a reult.

I was prioper dancing around the pub when the 3rd went in. Amazing.

WE ARE GOING UP
SCM

Ignore
« Reply #481 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 01:55:31 »

I don't think Ferry will. Personally. He's class but I wouldn't say premiership class, although at 22 he still has plenty of time to improve.

Cuthbert will be a cert if he carries this on, been watching Swindon since about 99 (i'm 21)  and never seen such an accomplished centre back at the club. His positional sense and awareness of the opponents whereabouts on the pitch is quite unreal for a 22 year old.

Both will go on to have great careers (hopefully with us) but i'd bank on Cuthbert being the most successfull of the current bunch.

I just don't see Beckford being that great over time, maybe as an impact sub, but I think he'll be worked out over time and be one of those strikers not good enough for the prem, but possibly too good for the Championship. He needs to mature massively though, his reaction to Amankwaah's tackle shows everything that's wrong with the guy, and at 26, you'd have thought he'd have that out of his game by now.

Snodgrass may get his chance, he's the player I feared most last night but he didn't appear to be interested.
santasdead

« Reply #482 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 02:02:30 »

Screw reading all this. Sat watching the poorest game ever (Liverpool vs Wolves) in the basment of a pub, only time i could here the score was if i went upstairs and outside. 1-0 at half time = awesome. being told  by one of my scouse mates that with 20 minutes to go that we were 3-0 up, the drinks were most obviously on me! well, for the next 5 minutes, the rest of the night my money was for my drinks and i quite happily celebrated!!

Fucking awesome. Read a few pages of this thread, congrats to JJEdmunds for having the best 4000 post ever, and of course to JFL, who i was scared for after last week - good stuff that he had a good game, i love him.

Happy about Daves ratings of the players, especially the loanees! Ward has got something, a striker that can play on the wind, YES PLEASE!. I almost have a man-crush on Ferry - he is class in the middle of the park for a lad of his stature! Ward was mint against yeovil, and rightly deserves to be here until the end of the season if he gets the chance!

Fucking get in, Leeds away is definately on the cards now - fuck finals!
Handling acid in the morning will be quite a bit of fun!

FUCKING SWINDON TOWN FC! Keep the red flag flying high!!!

Thank-you all for making my drunken return home a pleasing one!

(ps - Div is a cunt - people shouldn't be thanking and loving him so much)
carbonwhite

Ignore
« Reply #483 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 02:30:10 »

Just got back in now had to stay out after a night like this the whole ground was buzzing after that match. This match was by far the best match ive seen in my 17years of watching the town danny ward was brilliant and at the age of 17 i cant quite believe how confident he was on the ball and making his tackles he is certainly one for the future. austin and billy p were great as ever leeds defence just cudnt handle them paynters holding up was great and JPM just ran that midfield and was unlucky not to score from his freekick i really hope he stays on.

Then there was Douglas who did what he always does best thats win the ball and play it to someone else i cant remember him misplacing any of his passes. Ferry was top notch again and did great to set up the first goal. LJF was great and managed to set up 2nd goal even though 5min before he got a size 10 in his face. Cuthbert & Greer were like a brick wall every shot was blocked and anything that made it through Lucas swept up neatly.

Amankwaah played brilliant aswell linking with JPM as they have done so well this season. This is the only game this year that the whole team has played brilliantly and from here i think were going to get into the playoffs and win at wembley OH YEAH AND THE SUPPORT WAS IMMENSE i can see us getting gates of 10,000 Plus from here on.

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #484 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 07:33:38 »

Anyone know why they were taking coupon 14 tonight instead of 13? That caused quite a few issues on the turnstiles....

The only things we could come up with

1. Something to do with half season tickets - though surely Leeds were always in the first half of the season not the second.
2. To stop Town fans selling their season tickets to Leeds. Unlikely I know. But if I'd have known I could have sold voucher 13 pocketed the dosh and then gone to the ticket office today to tell them my book is missing ticket 13 Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #485 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 07:36:59 »

OH YEAH AND THE SUPPORT WAS IMMENSE i can see us getting gates of 10,000 Plus from here on.

Bit optimistic that. I 'd be happy with 8K and see where it takes us if we maintain the playoff push.

Didn't think the atmosphere was all that yesterday given a full house. But that was completely down to the Leeds fans being quiet from about 13 minutes in. Fair play to those of them in the home end for not celebrating their goals......oh.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #486 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 07:39:14 »

'we should not be getting beat by sides like this'

Some of their fans still haven't realised that they are a "side like this" themselves. Only worse obviously.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #487 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 08:03:30 »

Grin <--- Me since last night.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #488 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 08:14:29 »

Fucking buzzing still. I post on a few forums for other clubs and im loving the fact teams still think they can come here and turn over "little" swindon.

we are going up automatic.
Spencer_White

« Reply #489 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 08:15:50 »

AVE
SOME
OF
THAT

as someone else said, this is the best performance Ive seen from Swindon in about 15 years. Could have been 6, they never even had a shout.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #490 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 08:25:12 »

Just read all this thread and I don't think anyone has mentioned this player explicitly, so I will.....

Jpm

immense.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #491 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 08:49:45 »

To be honest, all the players were immense and it was 'disappointing' just to score 3.

If we play like that week in week out we will be fighting for automatic. I thinks thats 11 straight home wins after last night??

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
dell boy

« Reply #492 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 09:03:11 »

Great result - took a Celtic mate of mine and he was very impressed, especially the first 15 minutes. Cannot believe Celtic let Cuthbert go and also informed that Caddis will probably not come to us, played for the first team last week, they have injury problems.

What was the problem at The Cricket Ground Car Park after the match, I didn't get out the car park until 10.10pm, paramedics/helicopter landed on the cricket square, police and stewards running around all over the place. We heard there had been a stabbing and a steward requested we get into our vehicle and wait to leave, anyone have any info?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #493 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 09:04:25 »

a bloke had a heart attack, no stabbing.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #494 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2010, 09:05:05 »

Comments like this are doing my head in, Swindon had a storming game and Leeds fans just say oh “we shouldn’t lose to shit teams like this” erm.” Erm you are a LEAGUE ONE SIDE. You are NOT in the Premier League and NOT playing in the Champions League. Accept the defeat and move on. The only thing about Leeds is that they would be able to sign any player in League One above any other club because they are Leeds United but they are a League One side and have no divine right to be in a higher division.

Their support may have been big but they hardly sang all game and when they did we drowned them out. Just a shame they will bottle it in the playoffs again and have to play “SHITTY LITTLE TEAMS IN SHITTY LITTLE GROUNDS”

QUOTE FROM LEEDS FAN: “Normally, I'd honestly agree, and I still do. I wouldn't leave early still, I'd still sing my heart out BUT i, this past year have started to sort of understand why people do. It's because they're sick of it. Because it's fucking shit same old same old, shitty litttle grounds, shitty little fans taking the piss cos their shitty little team is having their day in the sun. We've had years of it, years in which we've given blind support, great support and nothing but fucking support, that's done what fucking good?”
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 44   Go Up
Print
Jump to: