Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mouhamadou seye  (Read 19138 times)
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:40:38 »

i think we should start with the team we finished with yesterday
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:47:59 »

Fans in concern at only having one striker shocker Roll Eyes

Of course the club is doing all it can to find the right man, and rightly so in taking its time, but it's fair comment.

Pre-season friendly results are irrelevant to the argument. We all know pre-season means jack.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #107 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:49:27 »

And why not ?

I would rather wait two weeks to get the right one than sign the wrong two now !

This is getting more like thisis every day !

For fuck sake, talk about kneejerk reaction to yesterday's result !

Does anyone on here honestly think that the team that ended or to the point started yesterdays game will be the 11 that start on Saturday ?

No, I didnt think so !!!!

I am all for lively debate but this is fucking ridiculous

Suicide

I can see where you're coming from in terms of the result - the outcome of the game certainly didn't raise the issue that we need more strikers.

However, given the fact Amankwaah was put up front it did highlight the problem. Clearly we need strikers and using the 'this place is getting more like thisis everyday' argument is worse than the counterpoints they have made to your opinions.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:55:13 »

Si

We all agree we need strikers, but to come on here and slag the club and making it sound that no fucker is trying behind the scenes to bring the right quality player just smacks of the childrens playground mentality of thisis.

STFC_Gazza

« Reply #109 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:55:26 »

And why not ?

I would rather wait two weeks to get the right one than sign the wrong two now !

This is getting more like thisis every day !

For fuck sake, talk about kneejerk reaction to yesterday's result !

Does anyone on here honestly think that the team that ended or to the point started yesterdays game will be the 11 that start on Saturday ?

No, I didnt think so !!!!

I am all for lively debate but this is fucking ridiculous

Suicide

spot on, remember a couple seasons ago we only had Peacock, Roberts, Sturrock, Corr (injured), none of those were prolific and then the following month we signed some player called Simon Cox and Billy Paynter??? THis was a month into the season, so no idea why we couldn't replicate the same sort of result. Keeping in mind we started that season well when we returned to L1 WITHOUT a prolific goal scorer. Now some will argue atlease Peacock, Roberts etc were strikers, on that logic we should have signed Nlombe-Nlombe just becasue he is a striker.... we will get our man!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:57:08 »

FFS

If rushed decisions are made just because the season is one week away then we could easily end up with another Ricky Shakes
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 10:57:09 »

DW said in his pre match interview that he wouldn't be risking injuries against Plymouth and the team he put out wouldn't be any indication of the team that starts against the pikeys.

Yes, we need more attacking options, but to keep debating this point is a total waste of time.

The fans know we need strikers, the media know we need strikers, Fitton knows we need strikers and I'm 100% certain that Wilson knows we need strikers.

It's a pointless topic for conversation. Potential targets, fine talk about them, but to continually post that we need forwards is like posting it's dark at night and wet when it rains: fucking obvious to everyone and a waste of time.

It's All Good..............
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:00:39 »

All of this forum is pointless though, it's just about posting opinions.

The taking strikers on trial and seeing if they're any good option has been a huge waste of time. Obviously there is bound to be work going on behind the scenes to get strikers in, we've probably missed out on loads of targets through no fault of our own.

I think the error the club has made is all the media stories stating we've got another player on trial. It makes it seem like it's our plan a, b and c.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:02:28 »

The taking strikers on trial and seeing if they're any good option has been a huge waste of time. Obviously there is bound to be work going on behind the scenes to get strikers in, we've probably missed out on loads of targets through no fault of our own.

I think the error the club has made is all the media stories stating we've got another player on trial. It makes it seem like it's our plan a, b and c.

Only your posts are pointless. The rest of us post useful, informing type shit.

STFC4LIFE
Fence Fucker

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:07:23 »

Why wait until after the match to worry?
Haha, shit.
You knew what I meant Cheesy
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #115 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:08:27 »

Well apart from the fact that we need a 20 goal a season striker I think carbonwhite makes some very valid points. Yes it's a bit of a rant, but we all do it when we lose to Histon in the cup etc.

At least there was some reasoning behind it.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:10:51 »

But on this topic nobody has a difference of opinion! That's why it's fucking pointless!

We asked 100 people if Swindon needed more strikers. You said 'YES' our survey said...................

..................100%!!!!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:14:40 »

But that's not the exact point of debate is it? The point is that we're going to end up getting a panic buy in (perhaps) because we've spent too long playing wii connect 4.

Clearly some people disagree with the chap anyway, so there is a difference of opinion.
Highland Robin

« Reply #118 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:25:35 »

DW said at the beginning of the close season that strikers would be needed, and also that quality strikers would be really difficult to come by, because everyone is after them; and some of our rivals have much more money and, apparently, a more exciting set-up (though I doubt that!).  It seems to me that he has been working hard to find alternatives to all the names which have been bandied about on this and other sites, knowing that in the end 'bigger' or more greedy (in the case of Huddersfield) clubs would almost certainly get the obvious ones.  Neither he nor AF are going to be panicked out of this policy either by the imminent start of the season, or by fans swearing at him or each other.  I am absolutely confident that they know what they are doing for the best of the team and the club.  So we need to keep holding our breath.....
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:35:42 »

Good first post Highland...its obvious the club has gone forward in a great way on and off the pitch..and deservedly getting the plaudits from us....BUT..always a but aint there with fans the manager along with the directors have known for along while now that Cox was going,in my humble the cash should have been splashed by now for a number of reasons...a good name signing would have braught in a few more Ticket sales..and merchandise sales..also the fact is any new player coming in now is going to have to hit the the ground running which is a hard thing to do..also there still seems to be little mistakes being made in planning things....The Austrian tour took alot of pre season time IMO and whoever arranged the home friendly v Cardiff dosnt know their onions.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: