Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: mouhamadou seye  (Read 18998 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #120 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:36:56 »

You're not allowed to have that opinion leefer.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:38:15 »

DW said at the beginning of the close season that strikers would be needed, and also that quality strikers would be really difficult to come by, because everyone is after them; and some of our rivals have much more money and, apparently, a more exciting set-up (though I doubt that!).  It seems to me that he has been working hard to find alternatives to all the names which have been bandied about on this and other sites, knowing that in the end 'bigger' or more greedy (in the case of Huddersfield) clubs would almost certainly get the obvious ones.  Neither he nor AF are going to be panicked out of this policy either by the imminent start of the season, or by fans swearing at him or each other.  I am absolutely confident that they know what they are doing for the best of the team and the club.  So we need to keep holding our breath.....

Word
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:38:56 »

It wasnt an opinion Sie...more of a fact!
Highland Robin

« Reply #123 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:41:42 »

Can't argue with the commercial logic of Leefer's statement; but I for one feel a bit hopeful that there is more long-term thinking and planning going into the purchases (which so far have been excellent, including the 3rd goalkeeper) than short-term commercial gain. We shall see....
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:42:08 »

Good first post highland robin and welcome to the forum, frustration at not having enough strikers is totally understandable, we all love this club and want it to do well. The thing is with football irrationality is part of what makes us love it so much.

If we all agreed on everything this forum would become a cesspool of stagnantation.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:49:48 »

Agreed Higland..when Brez broke his arm and Smith came in it was apparent a decent third keeper(which we didnt have then) was needed...........but basicly if Paynter gets injured next sat ware do we go up front.......lets hope a rabbit is pulled out of the bag in the coming days.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:55:00 »

Welcome to the TEF Highland Robin.Very good contribution,keep it up mate!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 11:56:27 »

Did anyone see the Robin mascot on the BBC advert this morning?...quality
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:00:36 »

Well said Highland, so far I've been really impressed with DW's signings, there seems to have been exhaustive efforts made to bring in the right one instead of a bunch of average ones.

I'm not worried at all about the striker situation, its all in hand, if we start with one against the pikeys then so be it.  I'm in no doubt that some irons are slowly being turned in the fire and I'm sure the right striker(s) will be produced in the end, if thats takes us 3 weeks into the season then I'll be happy.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:05:12 »

Not if we lose the first three games 1-0 you wont be Arch.
Arch Stanton

Wallowing in negativity

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:21:46 »

Not if we lose the first three games 1-0 you wont be Arch.

True... DW must go.... Wink
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 12:42:32 »

I was really impressed with DW at the backend of last season...i am now,his hands are still tied financially..but the Robinson deal seemed to be a case of all the eggs in one basket...anyway cant wait for the season and as for the past 37 seasons will be backing the team and manager to the hilt..like most of us do..........still need at least two strikers though!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 13:38:15 »

OK so we all agree we need a striker and the club is seeking one with sufficient quality for the right price. Good.

So in an effort to move it on from there, lets assume we get one and he and Paynter chip in with 10-15 goals each. Will that be enough?

We have solidified (?!) the core of the team, but we haven't really increased our creative options or added any goalscoring midfielders. Have we shored up at the back enough to start nicking games 1-0?

Don't get me wrong, I'm more than happy with the way things are progressing at the club, I just think that it'll take a season or two more before we get to challenge the playoffs.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 13:45:24 »

we'll score alot less this season but I dont think we will conceed as many. we already look much better both attacking and defending set pieces so I expect the likes of Greer and Morrison to chip in with a few.

we wont have to find someone to replace all of cox goals but we need a striker who will get a good 15 to 20. Add that to 10 to 15 for Paynter. thats 25-35 goals.

you'd hope the wingers o'brien and mcnamee would chip in with more this season, same with timlin, JPM and easton.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, August 2, 2009, 14:18:50 »

completely agree DV
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: