Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SSP  (Read 31386 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #90 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:47:32 »

Personally I don't think we should go for it. It's a shame but Parkin isn't what he was. He needs a season of being fit, but I don't think we can risk it.

He was fit all last season wasn't he?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #91 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:11:18 »

He was fit all last season wasn't he?

He was certainly fit for the majority.

I don't understand why people are saying "if he's not good enough for a Blue Square team..."

Are people unaware of Luton's decline? Do they not understand how much money he'd be on for Non-League? Baffles me.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #92 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:23:20 »

I don't think it's a question now of whether he is able to stay fit for a season, more if he is able to score enough goals.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #93 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 09:26:36 »

Although I'm still sitting on the fence with Parkin - I don't think he should be written off.
Panda Paws

« Reply #94 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 10:37:09 »

Like others have said, get him in on trial for pres-season and if he proves hit fitness, offer him a one year deal on sensible money. He hasn't got much to bargain with, so why not have him as the third or fourth striker, chuck him on with 15 to go? At the moment, he's not good enough to be classed as a first team striker for an average League 1 club, but just to have him around the place and on the bench would be worth it.

Ignore
« Reply #95 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 11:02:50 »

goal scoring is a natural ability,parkin has this and you cannot really teach the fella much more about how to hit the net.
for whatever reason(i think injuries,and being in and out of teams)he hasn't hit the net anywhere near the amount he is capable of.he went to ipswich,scored 7 pretty quickly then got injured.then moved again started well,then got injured.he wont have lost his scoring touch,i think its down to other things why he hasn't scored alot.
if he can get 100% fit.i'm sure he will score goals if starting games regularly.that's why i said a trial rather  than signing him up.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 12:34:18 »

I fucking love Sam Parkin.

officially blacker than the night.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 13:57:34 »

goal scoring is a natural ability,parkin has this and you cannot really teach the fella much more about how to hit the net.
for whatever reason(i think injuries,and being in and out of teams)he hasn't hit the net anywhere near the amount he is capable of.he went to ipswich,scored 7 pretty quickly then got injured.then moved again started well,then got injured.he wont have lost his scoring touch,i think its down to other things why he hasn't scored alot.
if he can get 100% fit.i'm sure he will score goals if starting games regularly.that's why i said a trial rather  than signing him up.

Good post Arriba, can't do any harm in giving him a trial.

Although, if we did sign him, I can't help thinking how much revenue would be generated for shirt printing! Cheesy
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:18:58 »

Id maybe just dig out my old black and gold stripey away strip from back in the day - save a bit of cash?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #99 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:21:25 »

Id maybe just dig out my old black and gold stripey away strip from back in the day - save a bit of cash?

Worst away shirt ever....incineration would be too good.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:23:39 »

Oh Reg Do be quiet - it was properly nice - Ive got the whole kit with Parkin 9 on the back - I sometimes wear it round the house
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #101 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 14:28:28 »

Do you usually wander round naked or have you stopped doing that?
Dazzza

« Reply #102 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:05:26 »

Fully agree, get the big bald fella in for a trial it worked last time for him pre-season so there’s no harm in giving it another go.

If he’s properly assessed and not crumbling like the digestive that was poor Barry Corr was then he’s worth a punt.  All this guff about him soiling his reputation is sentimental nonce-sense.  His record stands and always will stand during those magnificent few seasons he had.

At the end of the day all this horse shit is hypothetical.  It’s Danny Wilson’s call and if he sees a fully fit Sam Parkin fitting into his plans then I can’t see Fitton rejecting it out of hand on principle unless of course the financials didn’t stack up.  What is interesting is that Parkin usually did well against Wilson’s Shitty and Dongs teams so I wonder if he’ll raise a Roger Moore special at his availability.

Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:09:25 »

whats a Rodger Moore special?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:34:32 »

A cheeky eyebrow.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9   Go Up
Print