Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SSP  (Read 31343 times)
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:50:34 »

I don't think he will be back. A F has said before that he doesn't believe in players going back as it rarely works out.
Mind you there are always exceptions that prove a rule so to speak. SSP was suppossedly shit the first time we signed him according to Northampton fans .
Maybe he can only really be good playing for clubs with the initials STFC !?

From the Dark Side
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:52:44 »

Just really sad to see such a dreadful decline in his career!

Clems Army!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #47 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:56:26 »

Just really sad to see such a dreadful decline in his career!

This is it. It just went so wrong! Injury and Jim Magilton at Ipswich and then everything at Luton.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 09:57:25 »

Maybe he can only really be good playing for clubs with the initials STFC !?

I didn't realise he ever played for Shrewsbury.
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 10:12:22 »

I didn't realise he ever played for Shrewsbury.

He hasn't, but of course would be really good there too

From the Dark Side
Danjackson10

« Reply #50 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 10:30:58 »

I say try him on a trial, if he is poo then dont touch him! If he shows his qualities which we all know he has then go for it! One thing you can be sure of if he does sign and becomes good he will be with us for the rest of his career and not fuck off to a bigger club!
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 10:51:25 »

Im with Luci - I love him but not sure

We could resurrect the facebook group?? Smiley

Sam always says theres 2 places he feels popular - at Swindon and at his mums!

Not sure what that really says but if hes feeling down and low on confidence we might be the boost he needs
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 11:40:03 »

Im with Luci - I love him but not sure

We could resurrect the facebook group?? Smiley

Sam always says theres 2 places he feels popular - at Swindon and at his mums!

Not sure what that really says but if hes feeling down and low on confidence we might be the boost he needs

His mum reckons hes shit now!

Clems Army!
land_of_bo

« Reply #53 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 11:59:19 »

The only Free Parkin I want is in Monopoly.
ahounsell

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:06:17 »

I don't think he will be back. A F has said before that he doesn't believe in players going back as it rarely works out.

This is often quoted, but doesnt really stand up to scrutiny.

There are plenty of examples of players going back to clubs and doing well. Neil Harris was mentioned earlier in this thred. Chris Kamara & Jimmy Quinn both had successful second spells here. Paul Bodin scored the goal that put us into the Premiership in his second spell.

Of course there are also examples where it didnt work. (David Kerslake and Phl King spring to mind).

If you think about it though, the ones were it worked were good players joining a club on the up under a good manager.

Kerslake and King rejoined a club in decline being managed by a complete cock.

So a player returning to a club can work if he still has something to offer, and the club is well managed. Just like any other signing really.
Dazzza

« Reply #55 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:11:07 »

Easy one for me, sign him up for a trial with a view to a contract.  Sentiment aside I don’t think you can ignore any player that has a goal scoring record like Parkin at this level.

If he is genuinely rubber ducked then medicals and a bit of pre-season will show that up pretty quickly.  If he’s out of form and low on confidence as it appears a shift back to Town could be just the tonic.  We have taken punts on Barry Corry and Sturrock in recent years so I don’t see an issue with giving him a trial.

Sentiment aside and all this crap that it’ll never work out is utter cock sticks.  

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:19:18 »

I think the problem would be that if we took him on a trial then the adver would go nuts and everyone would get excited and there would then be pressure to sign him.
fatbury

« Reply #57 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 12:23:34 »

depends on wage demands but he would be a useful addition
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 13:06:50 »

I think that there would be too much pressure on SSP if he returned as big things would be expected of him and if he fails his hero status would be ruined.

I wish him luck finding a new club but I think we have moved on as he is not the force he once was as injuries have taken their toll - if we eanted to take a risk on a striker we should have kept Corr.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 13:21:29 »

I think that there would be too much pressure on SSP if he returned as big things would be expected of him and if he fails his hero status would be ruined.

I wish him luck finding a new club but I think we have moved on as he is not the force he once was as injuries have taken their toll - if we eanted to take a risk on a striker we should have kept Corr.

Agree with that ! Maybe it's not out of the question to give SSP a trial and then pay as you play contract in the same vein as touted for Corr if it worked out. Sadly though really think his days with STFC in the sun are over. (and IMO he was poor against us at Orient)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: