Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SSP  (Read 30900 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:33:02 »

Parkin has been fit for a while now - he's just been either out-of-form (he is human!) or not selected (Harford wasn't playing him as he wasn't a future player).

I'm not lobbying for everyone to accept that Parkin should be a target because I'm really not as bothered as this post may suggest but it's a free transfer and I doubt he'll struggle to find a club.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:34:47 »

Last summer i'd have said yes but this time no. He didn't prove himself in League Two with Luton sadly and he even got a decent run of games on loan at Orient and didn't score. Looked nowhere near the same SSP when we played them on Boxing Day. I hope he finds a half decent club though.
Spencer_White

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:37:54 »

I thought he was their best player on Boxing day.

He looked low on confidence and didnt score himself. But he put 2 point blank chances on a plate for other Orient players who didnt convert.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:40:05 »

I thought he was their best player on Boxing day.

He looked low on confidence and didnt score himself. But he put 2 point blank chances on a plate for other Orient players who didnt convert.

Maybe so but Orient were fucking awful that day and he and McAndawire (or however you spell it) were the best of a very very bad bunch.
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:46:08 »

They were awful. Got to ask questions of how the same team managed to beat us at the CG just 6 weeks ago.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:50:13 »

Pawel abbott,billy clark and that ibehere are all players available for free i would rather any of those.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:52:46 »

Billy Clark would be a good signing.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:55:22 »

Billy Clarke's first firm offer is Notts County. His loan spells have been good - he was once tipped for big things. Why not?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 22:57:41 »

I saw that rich got offered a 2 year deal.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 23:03:02 »

Notts County? Ha surely we can compete with them. I'm sure a few other clubs have been linked with him though.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 23:37:39 »

If we had never had Parkin and he had the same stats we'd be all saying "let's have a look at him".
I think more likely we'd be saying he was good two or three seasons ago, but never recaptured the form he showed at club x and has since been inconsistent and injury prone. Oh and loads of people would be posting stuff from Ipswich message boards saying how shit he was for them (which he wasn't really IIRC but they really didn't take to him).
Rich Pullen

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 23:38:31 »

...fair point Paul, but it's a free and we're on a budget etc.

Mind you he'll scare a few off with his wage demands no doubt.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, May 27, 2009, 23:40:51 »

...fair point Paul, but it's a free and we're on a budget etc.

Mind you he'll scare a few off with his wage demands no doubt.
Yeah, and like you but kind of the opposite way round I'm not saying we shouldn't sign him, although I'll confess to being swayed by the sentimental argument that I'd hate for him to come back and not be what he was.

Oh and DRS there's nothing wrong with being fat and bald, having been both in the past couple of years. And quite shit, as well, come to that
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #28 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 00:03:36 »

Last summer i'd have said yes but this time no. He didn't prove himself in League Two with Luton sadly and he even got a decent run of games on loan at Orient and didn't score. Looked nowhere near the same SSP when we played them on Boxing Day. I hope he finds a half decent club though.

I'm the opposite, would have said no then but yes now. Now we can get him on lower wages and he'd work his bollocks off to make sure he didn't let us down. I think the loan deal disrupted his comeback from injury, it was a disruption and probably meant he couldn't focus so much on knuckling down.

Orient were really, really shite and as Spencer says he was their best player and biggest threat that day. Definitely worth another look, but only if the wages were right.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 00:10:51 »

You can't read too much in to their last year or so at Luton, calling them a conference side is a bit much as well - they'd probably still be in League 1 if it weren't for their financial problems.

Got to be worth having a look at them, on the basis they might come here on lower wages trying to rebuild their careers at a club they've done well at before.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: