Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SSP  (Read 31377 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #75 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 19:41:48 »

[url width=320 height=320]http://www.swindontownfc.co.uk/javaImages/5f/4f/0,,10341~3297119,00.jpg[/url][url width=415 height=275]http://i.thisislondon.co.uk/i/pix/2009/01/sam-parkin-415x275.jpg[/url]
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 19:45:28 »

I think JFW is on to something 
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 19:58:06 »

4D wrote

Quote from: Jamiesfuturewife on Today at 15:59:48
Ummmm can I make a small correction?? he isnt bald - he prob had the same amount hair he has when he played for us he just shaves his head now.

Thanks xxx

Can I make a small correction? You've got had and has the wrong way around 

That depends really on where you place the emphasis in that sentance...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 20:05:32 »

True (but there's no "a" in sentence) Wink
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 20:08:09 »

touche...
4D

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 20:11:51 »

Aha! There's no "e" in touch......Oh!  Embarrassed   Cheesy
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 20:36:00 »

Aha! There's no "e" in touch......Oh!  Embarrassed   Cheesy
No, but there should be an acute accent on the word he meant (see how I carefully avoid falling into the pedantry trap because I don't know how to type funny foreign accents either)
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 20:43:19 »

Think of it this way. Less wind resistance when your sprinting then and launching yourself into a diving bullet header into the top corner of the Franchise net for the third time that afternoon......plus that extra body mass adds more power to said header. All in all, a winner.....
SWINRICH

« Reply #83 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 21:25:58 »

I would love to see Parkin back. I can't see it happening though as I think there are other strikers Wilson will look at. I think a trial would be a good idea to get an idea of his fitness. The other players on Lutons released list McVeigh , Brill (quality goalkeeper) if we don't get Lucas and maybe Sol Davis would be good signings.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #84 on: Thursday, May 28, 2009, 21:59:26 »

Realistically Parkin should be busting a gut and doing his own pre season. There is no difference here between him and Corr and if anything Cors still scored when returning from injury
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 07:16:56 »

Adver have a bit on SSP today

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4404383.Parkin_wouldn_t_say__no__to_Town/

FORMER Town goal machine Sam Parkin has refused to rule out a return to the County Ground, after being released by relegated League Two outfit Luton Town.

The 28-year-old striker, pictured left, was one of five players who did not have their contracts renewed by the Hatters, with another former Town player, full-back Sol Davis, also among their number.

Parkin was a firm favourite with the Town faithful during a three-year stay at the club between 2002 and 2005, during which time he scored 73 goals in 135 appearances, although a County Ground comeback seems unlikely.

He was touted as a possible Town transfer target last summer, but while chairman Andrew Fitton is convinced a fit Parkin is more than capable of doing a job in League One, he doubts the wisdom of bringing back a former hero idolised by the fans.

When asked if he would consider a return to his most successful stomping ground, the Roehampton-born striker said: “I think I’d be stupid to turn my nose up at anything, especially in the predicament I find myself in. I’d listen to all offers.

“Everyone knows the affection I’ve got for the club (Swindon).

“You always look out for your old side, they are always going to be one of the first results I look for and I was pleased they managed to stay up.”

Parkin feels League One is a realistic level for him to aim at given that he has been part of a struggling team in recent times.

“I’d obviously love to stay in the League,” he said.

“I’m realistic, I’m probably not going to get a Championship club because of the last couple of years.

“But I’m confident in my ability, I’ve scored goals when I’ve been a regular in a side.

“I’m just looking forward to getting a fresh start. My agent will be talking to various clubs and hopefully can get something sorted.”

The former Town hitman also gave his verdict on Simon Cox, whose future has been the subject of much speculation since the turn of the year.

“To be honest I’ve not seen a great deal of him, apart from the goals, but he looks like an absolutely fantastic player from the little glimpses I’ve seen,” said Parkin.

“Inevitably he’s going to go on and play at a higher level, I’m sure he’s ambitious.

“You find it difficult to turn down when there are three or four Championship clubs around you.

“Swindon can only sell if the price is right, and the club may say the money is too good to turn down. It will be out of his hands like it was out of my hands.”

Personally I don't think we should go for it. It's a shame but Parkin isn't what he was. He needs a season of being fit, but I don't think we can risk it.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 07:17:05 »

I can't be the only one that has realised that SSP also stands for Statutory Sick Pay ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:34:41 »

Lets restart the Facebook group!! Smiley
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #88 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:38:35 »

Would it be called the "We'd like SSP back, but only if he captures his former form and so we are not really sure" group?
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 08:42:34 »

We could re name it that? Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: