Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Friday, May 29, 2009, 15:35:09 »

ahhhhhh I see - love it!
Crozzer

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Saturday, May 30, 2009, 00:51:54 »

What's wrong with a trial for SSP?  If he is fit, then it's all about confidence.  If he isn't fit, then Aldershot can give him a trial.
wokinghamred

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Saturday, May 30, 2009, 09:39:23 »

What's wrong with a trial for SSP?  If he is fit, then it's all about confidence.  If he isn't fit, then Aldershot can give him a trial.

Agreed, He hasn't got a club. Lets invite him to train with us pre-season - seems like win-win, and nothing to lose. He would probably be very grateful for the offer.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #108 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 13:37:06 »

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER SUPER SAM!!!! Bring Back SSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 20:26:51 »

Lots of players look fit in trials,get a fat contract offer then suddenly there unfit....offer him a pay as you play deal...ive got to say he looks a shadow of his former self as a player...good player though he was for us.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #110 on: Sunday, May 31, 2009, 20:30:22 »

SUUUUUUUUUUUUUPER SUPER SAM!!!! Bring Back SSP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cheesy

Gazza has spoken.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #111 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 01:48:48 »

Gazza has spoken.

I would probably urinate myself if he came back. But with a realistic hat on, I don't think he is the player he was before,however maybe being at a club where the fans love him and don't criticise him like Ipswich, Leyton Orient etc. will help him recapture some sort of form. Even 15 goals alongside Billy P 15 would be half decent... Are we really going to be able to bring in a 20 plus goalscorer (assuming cox goes)?, Leroy Lita may be worth a punt even if he is a former slave trader. Not long ago was banging them in but would likely want massive wages.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 07:24:12 »

I would probably urinate myself if he came back. But with a realistic hat on, I don't think he is the player he was before,however maybe being at a club where the fans love him and don't criticise him like Ipswich, Leyton Orient etc. will help him recapture some sort of form. Even 15 goals alongside Billy P 15 would be half decent... Are we really going to be able to bring in a 20 plus goalscorer (assuming cox goes)?, Leroy Lita may be worth a punt even if he is a former slave trader. Not long ago was banging them in but would likely want massive wages.

I'm not sure Parkin is the type of player that could play alongside Paynter though ??
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 07:33:46 »

But with a realistic hat on,

What sort of hat is that?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 07:54:41 »

If he came back, did shit he would probably lose his legendary status.

I wouldn't risk it if I were him.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #115 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 08:51:27 »

I would think he is more interested in paying his mortgage than his "legendary status" at a poxy division 3 club.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 12:57:11 »

But if he came back and did sh1t then that would probably be his league career over with, whereas if he went elsewhere with less expectation he may find it easier to re-build his career and reputation
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #117 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 16:15:39 »

Does anyone think his legendary status is already gone?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #118 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 18:12:28 »

Probably because I've been unable to go to games week in/week out - I've never really considered Sam Parkin a 'legend' - he was awesome for us without a doubt.

Perhaps I have high expectations on what I believe a 'legend' is or because I was brought up on the stories of the 60's, 70's and 80's by my old man.
Spencer_White

« Reply #119 on: Monday, June 1, 2009, 18:19:52 »

When we signed Sam Parkin, we needed to get a decent player more than anytime since Ive been going to Swindon. In the 2 seasons before he signed, we must have been through 60 odd players and most of those were garbage. We had no money and he was a talisman for us who helped us rebuild the club.

I dont think he is a legend in pure footballing terms. But he is a player who was vital to the club. Thats where his claim to legendary status is.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
Print
Jump to: