Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240803 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #255 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 16:11:56 »

Im going to see it later
cant wait

The franchise has come a long way since the two camp Joel Schumacher films.

and even further away from....

http://www.alternateversion.com/home/uploads/Comics/Batman_panel_-_Robin_what_have_I_done_to_you.jpg
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Friday, July 25, 2008, 16:14:36 »

I think Ive only ever seen the one with cat women and I had to watch the one with batman and robin with a french exchange student
sonic youth

« Reply #257 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:01:06 »

i don't think people would be waxing lyrical to such an extent were it not for heath ledger's death. cynical perhaps and i haven't seen it yet but nevertheless...

i've only seen aaron eckhart in thank you for smoking and i thought he was brilliant in that.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #258 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 11:32:34 »

i don't think people would be waxing lyrical to such an extent were it not for heath ledger's death. cynical perhaps and i haven't seen it yet but nevertheless...

i've only seen aaron eckhart in thank you for smoking and i thought he was brilliant in that.
I think it's more to do with Batman Begins being quite good and the films are going in a different direction, so the expectation is there. Similar to the new Bond film I think.

I didn't even know Heath Ledger was in it, most people I've spoken to seem to talk about Christian Bale as Batman.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 12:35:25 »

I watched the ringer the other night.

still need to watch the fountain again

been a while since i last watched requiem for a dream,
Rich Pullen

« Reply #260 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 17:47:45 »

Not at all, you're right. As I said, Ledger did a very good job, he was what I expected a new look Joker to be like - but that was it, he was not out-of-this-world. The Academy Award talk is a little embarressing.

Aaron Eckhart is vastly under rated - He doesn't help himself with some of his career choices - such as The Core. Ew.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:20:46 »

I watched Kids earlier. Twas a good film.

I think it may have been banned a few years back?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #262 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 18:29:50 »

I watched Kids earlier. Twas a good film.

I think it may have been banned a few years back?

Yeah it was - probably due the accounts of the underage sex and the teenage lad in the film called "the Virgin Surgeon".

That's one of Rosario Dawson's first films (also Chloe Sevigny for that matter)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ZHuBM57v13E/SA1IBkK0gNI/AAAAAAAACAo/OwmkA06WRS8/s400/Rosario_Dawson3.jpg
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 20:13:36 »

Yeah it was - probably due the accounts of the underage sex and the teenage lad in the film called "the Virgin Surgeon".

That's one of Rosario Dawson's first films (also Chloe Sevigny for that matter)

http://bp1.blogger.com/_ZHuBM57v13E/SA1IBkK0gNI/AAAAAAAACAo/OwmkA06WRS8/s400/Rosario_Dawson3.jpg
   Is she the one from Clerks 2?
Rich Pullen

« Reply #264 on: Saturday, July 26, 2008, 20:17:35 »

Is she the one from Clerks 2?

Yeah she is.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 09:33:54 »

Woof woof,  Watched Death Sentence last night, the plot has more holes than my socks, not very good if anyone's considering.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 10:47:07 »

Hoping to watch a film called Smokin Aces today. No idea what it is about or if it is any cop.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Sunday, July 27, 2008, 16:01:12 »

just got be kind rewind out.
gonna watch it later after muchos cider.

officially blacker than the night.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 09:31:56 »

Thought Batman was AMAZING if a little long - couldnt get in till the 9:30pm showing as all the rest were full and didnt get home till 1am!!

Heather Ledger is SOOOOOO scary and fucked up as the joker - I am so in love with Christian Bale now too
oxford_fan

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, July 28, 2008, 11:26:08 »

I saw Batman last night in Holloway. Great film. Long, but non-stop, fast paced storytelling.

Heath Ledger was superb as the joker. It's the little details which make a great performance and he'd nailed it - the creepy giggle, tongue thing, twitchy eyes. There's a real (short but) nice shot of him riding out the window of a taxi acting all crazy which typifies the character and actor.

I didn't think that much to Bale, especially his stupid gruff voice when playing Batman. He was alright though.

Eckhart was really good. A bit cheesy, but good.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: