Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Favourite pubs - Anytime, Anyplace, Anywhere.  (Read 2438 times)
Qunk

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 12:43:49 »

The Tom Cobley at Crediton in Devon, is probably THE best pub anywhere, CAMRA pub of the year a few times and great food and brilliant beer with 5 real ales on every day.

2nd to that is the Hop Inn in Old Town, superb.

I find the hop a bit stuffy. But that’s probably my fault rather than the pub’s.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 12:49:24 »

Going to AFC v Morecambe today.

At the Sultan.

Glue Pot style boozer, Summer Lightening and a range of traditional Pork Pies etc.

Betting Wobbly for one is familiar.
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, February 17, 2024, 12:54:37 »

I have a favourite pub I have never visited. The Waggon & Horses in Beckhampton. I often see it driving to Swindon and think it looks amazing.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 09:02:26 »

Bit more 'modern' I guess than a lot of the pubs suggested here, but really enjoyed my trip to the Tiny Rebel pub in Cardiff on Saturday. Great range of interesting craft beers and more up my street in the Pale Ale range as more refreshing and less hoppy. (I'm sure they had some more hoppy stuff) The place is slap bang next to the principality stadium so I imagine gets rammed when internationals are on.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
stfcjack

The Swindon lot don't seem to respect you

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Monday, February 19, 2024, 09:21:32 »

The Woodin's Shades is a cracking little pub just outside Liverpool Street station in London.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Monday, February 26, 2024, 13:53:54 »

Been to the Woodin's Shades & sat in Tiny Rebel, Cardiff as I write.

Location on the phone is showing as Temperance Town which sums things up not very accurately at all.

Not visited The Sultan though. Pre AFC Wimbledon pub crawls are out of my hands, but Hopback pubs are always worth a visit.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Monday, February 26, 2024, 16:10:19 »

Always enjoyed my local The Kicking Donkey in Harwell... great people good food and draught lager.
Went back recently only to find its been closed and converted into a residential f#cking cottage.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Saturday, March 9, 2024, 17:19:04 »

Lack of levelling up money for adequate WiFi coverage prevented posting earlier.

In the unlikely event of anyone stopping off in Mansfield for anything other than football then The Garrison pub is highly recommended.
Nice selection of real ales & craft beer.

With a nod to Tommy Shelby, "there's no rest for me in this world. Perhaps in the next."

We go again.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: