Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 [343]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Color Teevee Programs  (Read 1188912 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #5130 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 11:05:40 »

Boat Story on i player, is gloriously dark and peculiar, with Daisy Haggard which is always nice!
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #5131 on: Friday, November 24, 2023, 23:56:17 »

I'm a bit late to this one but 'Time' on the BBC iPlayer with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham is superb. 3 episodes, of about an hour each, of gritty prison drama.

Wouldn't bother with the 2nd series as the cast and acting is much weaker.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #5132 on: Saturday, November 25, 2023, 13:12:30 »

Boat Story on i player, is gloriously dark and peculiar, with Daisy Haggard which is always nice!
Yeah,I'm enjoying that

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #5133 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 21:24:44 »

I'm a bit late to this one but 'Time' on the BBC iPlayer with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham is superb. 3 episodes, of about an hour each, of gritty prison drama.

Wouldn't bother with the 2nd series as the cast and acting is much weaker.

The cast for Season Two is a pretty strong mini ensemble made up of probably three of the UK's strongest female acting talent in Siobhan Finneran, Bella Ramsey and Jodie Whittaker. It's never going to hit the same kind of highs as Season One which was probably carried by two of the best male acting talent in the UK currently - with Sean Bean and Stephen Graham - the latter seemingly having been booked for just about every big TV job last year.

I think close to 20m tuned in to Season One. It was led by the Sherwood and The Long Shadow Director, Lewis Arnold. Similarly, when Sherwood Season Two comes out, it's not Directed by Arnold and I don't think the brilliant David Morrissey features either. It will likely be deemed weak, but not because these second installments aren't god or worth watching, just that their initial predecessors were so bloody damn good  Smiley

On an ending note, has anyone watched;

The Long Shadow - True Crime drama adaptation about the Yorkshire Ripper victims and police investigation

BODIES - Detective Miniseries set in four different eras, each detective trying to solve the murder of the same body appearing in each era.

Archie - Four part biopic, covering the rise of the life and times of Archibald Leach, aka Cary Grant

The Final Season of The Crown - Needs no introduction as the hit series comes to its conclusion

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5134 on: Sunday, January 7, 2024, 21:34:20 »

Just watched ‘Rebel Moon’. Utter shite!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #5135 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 09:00:15 »

Just watched ‘Rebel Moon’. Utter shite!

Zack Snyder does what Zach Snyder does and makes a largely vapid story with his usual visual flourishes... he's been open to the fact this started decades ago as a pitch for a Star Wars film, and thank fuck that it got turned down. However he just ctrl-H'd all the 'Empire' references with 'Imperium' and even had lightsabers at one point... I was *so* bored, it makes no sense, obvious twist was obvious and I don't understand how all his little incel fanboys can still defend this shit.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5136 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 09:07:20 »

The Long Shadow was great as was Mr Bates vs the Post Office.

We also watched Platform 7 on ITVX recently which was a bit different but a lot of fun.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5137 on: Monday, January 8, 2024, 10:38:00 »

Zack Snyder does what Zach Snyder does and makes a largely vapid story with his usual visual flourishes... he's been open to the fact this started decades ago as a pitch for a Star Wars film, and thank fuck that it got turned down. However he just ctrl-H'd all the 'Empire' references with 'Imperium' and even had lightsabers at one point... I was *so* bored, it makes no sense, obvious twist was obvious and I don't understand how all his little incel fanboys can still defend this shit.
I thought it was shades of Magnificent 7 meets Star Wars with the odd bit of irritating Matrix cinematography, with the women being 'kick ass' and the men 'meh!'. The bad guy reminded me of Alex in 'Clockwork Orange' with a bit of 'Terminator' thrown in. Just crap stitched together awkwardly.

Also, they spent a lot of time introducing 'Tarzan' on the Griffin and then he didn't do anything in the rest of the film! Bizarre!

Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #5138 on: Friday, February 16, 2024, 19:18:57 »

Someone suggested ‘Slow Horses’

Binged the first series and loved it!

The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5139 on: Monday, March 4, 2024, 14:49:21 »

Just started Criminal Records with Peter Capaldi. Original Apple TV series but I’ve got it on my iPTV package.

First episode very good. Could be a good one. 8 episodes..
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #5140 on: Wednesday, March 6, 2024, 19:27:43 »

Bubbling along very nicely this
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 342 [343]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: