Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 448   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Films films filmsy films.  (Read 1240747 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #6615 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 17:35:00 »

The Last Samurai is actually a pretty good Tom Cruise film.
Wobbly Bob

Ignore
« Reply #6616 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 17:44:12 »

Love the MI films and the Sci-fi efforts have been good as well.

Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here? Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
Crap!
Miles Mayhem

Ignore
« Reply #6617 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 17:59:04 »

I’m really looking forward to ‘The Batman’. Reviews seem excellent
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #6618 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 22:57:46 »

A few good men is my personal favourite - love that film.  But these are very good as well.  Obviously some stinkers in his locker, but on the whole I enjoy a Tom Cruise film, just don't take them too seriously and enjoy them for what they are.

Some people just can't handle the truth!

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6619 on: Tuesday, March 1, 2022, 23:26:40 »

I’m really looking forward to ‘The Batman’. Reviews seem excellent

I think Robert Pattinson is going to surprise a few with his performance.  A lot of people have been slating the idea of him as Bruce Wayne purely off his Twilight performance (which was about 700 yrs ago).

All I will say is, if Zac Efron can go from playing "god awful" Troy Bolton in High School Musical to playing a "very convincing" Ted Bundy in Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil & Vile (I'm still not sold on the title) then Robert Pattinson can go from playing "constantly smouldering" Edward to playing a "Dark, split personality (that's what they are saying) vigilante" Bruce Wayne then bring it on!

Matt Reeves has been getting a much more refined filmmaker and I have a great feeling about this picture. When you add in that Rogue One & Zero Dark Thirty Cinematographer, Greig Fraser is involved you know Gotham is going to look stunning. I imagine it will have that similar gritty underbelly that both Lawrence Sher (Joker) and the legendary Wally Pfister :sniggers: (Dark Knight) brought to these films.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6620 on: Sunday, April 3, 2022, 15:12:18 »

Not a new film but Intouchables, which is currently on netflix, is absolutely joyous.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6621 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 20:31:03 »

Lately I've watched Jackass Forvever, King Richard, and The Father. All great in different ways.

Anthony Hopkins is really doing great things at the moment. I took a while to get around to The Two Popes, but he was fantastic in that and resumes the same form in The Father with Olivia Coleman. I like that the character he plays is called 'Anthony' too. A very sad and vital portrayal of dementia.
BambooToTheFuture

Ignore
« Reply #6622 on: Wednesday, April 6, 2022, 20:36:17 »

Absolutely. Mentioned on here myself a while back I think and watched it several years ago when I happened to be introduced to one of the Producers by a friend.

Intouchables was dubbed shares some similarities with 'My Left Foot' but it is so much more than that. The notion of disability really are where the similarities of the movies end. A completely compelling story of true adversity and indifference, whilst evoking so much genuine emotion; coupled with a gorgeous score from my personally favourite living classicist - Ludovico Einaudi.

For me, it is quite possibly one of the greatest French pictures - maybe even one of my top five films of all time. Without preaching, we can all learn a lot from Intouchables; especially when it comes to finding common ground with our fellow human and more so, learning something new from one another - even at times what may seem our greatest enemy can ultimately be our biggest ally.

'Incessant Nonsense'

Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6623 on: Sunday, October 2, 2022, 11:11:43 »

Athena on Netflix. It's no La Haine but the intensity and cinematography make it well worth a watch.

Whether your eyes are green, brown, blue, let me see a little bit of red in 'em.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #6624 on: Friday, December 23, 2022, 21:17:47 »

Watched Glass Onion on Netflix, sequel to Knives Out. Excellent family Christmas viewing, high class silliness and goes down well with a glass of wine and some cheese.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #6625 on: Friday, December 23, 2022, 23:16:00 »

didn't know there was a sequel! knives out was a surprisingly good film, thanks for the heads up
mystical_goat

Ignore
« Reply #6626 on: Saturday, December 24, 2022, 15:45:14 »

The Last Samurai is actually a pretty good Tom Cruise film.

It's a really good film! I'd say his best.

Other good Tom Cruise films:

Minority Report
Magnolia

People rave about Edge of Tomorrow but it wasn't for me, nor Mission Impossible. Amazing that he does all the stunts himself and some are totally crazy. Eyes Wide Shut is a Kubrick one that also got good ratings. I've not seen Top Gun; original or new one.
Broadbents Tackle

TEF Historian

Ignore
« Reply #6627 on: Saturday, December 24, 2022, 17:57:57 »

It's a really good film! I'd say his best.

Other good Tom Cruise films:

Minority Report
Magnolia

Collateral and Born On The Fourth of July too. He's a wierdy little cunt but he's made some good films. Rain Man also.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #6628 on: Sunday, February 5, 2023, 10:22:23 »

After watching Swindon lose and then England lose the Calcutta Cup decided to cheer myself up and watch all quiet on the Western Front. I thought it was absolutely superb.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bewster

We fucking love you Gumbo!

Ignore
« Reply #6629 on: Monday, February 6, 2023, 12:56:50 »

Bank of Dave on Netflix is a decent feel good film.
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 441 [442] 443 444 445 ... 448   Go Up
Print
Jump to: