Pages: 1 ... 3405 3406 3407 [3408] 3409 3410 3411 ... 3974   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8956810 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51105 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:11:53 »

We sold McKirdy to Hibs - which is definitely a step up the food chain. Charlton also paid us a fee for Garner & Marshall.
SdM only answered the questions he was asked.

Think we are starting to actively seek out any reason to have a dig at him now aren’t we?

Pretty much yeah. TBH what came out of that presser was one bloke who has had a lot of media training and one who hasn't.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51106 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:18:57 »

Ooooh the transfer window has SLAMMED shut yet we are in for more transfer treats!!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51107 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:42:20 »

We sold McKirdy to Hibs - which is definitely a step up the food chain. Charlton also paid us a fee for Garner & Marshall.
SdM only answered the questions he was asked.

Think we are starting to actively seek out any reason to have a dig at him now aren’t we?

I think he's made a rod for his own back with the Scott Lindsey appointment 'saga' followed by the admission that we are looking to make profits on players rather than moving the club up the pyramid. That was definitely a PR own goal. I completely understand the concern as we've moved from Ben Chorley quietly going about his business to someone more vocal, from a far more questionable background.

I've always said that i'm happy to give the 'process' time to evolve, it didn't get off to a great start with the SL adventure and some of the signings we've made appear to be a bit panicky - Harries, Adeloye etc but it you look holistically there does at least appear to be an element of longer term planning in place. Tomlinson, (if we can sign him permanently) FBT, Hutton, Lavinier, Cain, Khan, Williams, (again contract pending we hope!) and Wakeling have all been signed on long(ish) contracts  that provide potential longevity and less reliance on the loan market. You also have to give him credit for the Jody Morris appointment which on paper looks one of the most exciting appointments in some time, let's hope his coaching pedigree can bear fruit immediately and we can have a cracking end to the season. I personally don't find Sandro as offensive as others do but there we are, horses for courses.

What was obvious from the press conference clip was how painfully shy Clem is, part of me thinks Sandro said so much to try and keep questions away from him.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51108 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:48:00 »

I think he's made a rod for his own back with the Scott Lindsey appointment 'saga' followed by the admission that we are looking to make profits on players rather than moving the club up the pyramid. That was definitely a PR own goal. I completely understand the concern as we've moved from Ben Chorley quietly going about his business to someone more vocal, from a far more questionable background.

I've always said that i'm happy to give the 'process' time to evolve, it didn't get off to a great start with the SL adventure and some of the signings we've made appear to be a bit panicky - Harries, Adeloye etc but it you look holistically there does at least appear to be an element of longer term planning in place. Tomlinson, (if we can sign him permanently) FBT, Hutton, Lavinier, Cain, Khan, Williams, (again contract pending we hope!) and Wakeling have all been signed on long(ish) contracts  that provide potential longevity and less reliance on the loan market. You also have to give him credit for the Jody Morris appointment which on paper looks one of the most exciting appointments in some time, let's hope his coaching pedigree can bear fruit immediately and we can have a cracking end to the season. I personally don't find Sandro as offensive as others do but there we are, horses for courses.

What was obvious from the press conference clip was how painfully shy Clem is, part of me thinks Sandro said so much to try and keep questions away from him.

I get the negativity about the Lindsey appointment.

In hindsight a bad move. I’ve said before I’m surprised we didn’t at least try and spin it as ‘continuity’
Others will disagree but I think the recruitment has been decent for the most and Lindsey was holding the team back.

Judge SdM at the end of the season at least, see where this model can take us this season.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51109 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:51:27 »

I get the negativity about the Lindsey appointment.

In hindsight a bad move. I’ve said before I’m surprised we didn’t at least try and spin it as ‘continuity’
Others will disagree but I think the recruitment has been decent for the most and Lindsey was holding the team back.

Judge SdM at the end of the season at least, see where this model can take us this season.

I think we're pretty much aligned with that.

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51110 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:53:39 »

Williams?
From what I have been told Williams was/is more than happy atTown and never wanted a move as he feels very well appreciated by Town fans and staff but would have gone along with club wishes had a decent bid came in but he has never suggested a want to leave ever.

MacDonald wanted away for a few reasons and wasn't happy at Town.

The players I understand who are not as happy are Hutton and Tomi, one for financial reasons and one because he isn't being played, an offer came in from Scotland for Tomi I understand from Dundee and his old club Ayr wanted him but wouldnt cover anywhere near his full wages. Hutton thinks he deserves more in wages, but, he was happy to sign in the Summer on the wages hes on now, prove it on the pitch for a season before demanding more pay.

I hear Iandolo genuinly thought his future lied at Creepy with the compucash club but for whatever reasons it never materialised.

Hopefully these unhappy players knuckle down and earn a move an the Summer if they arent happy here.

Nice to have Wardy as backup keeper, hes an adequate backup but nowhere near the level of Brynn and also liked Tomlinsons interview stating as a Swindon boy he was/is a fan of STFC, "hes one of our own".

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51111 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 09:57:16 »

Think a few others too, Tomi being one

Amazed he never went on loan anywhere. Was that just down to a lack of suitors?

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51112 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:05:18 »

From what I have been told Williams was/is more than happy atTown and never wanted a move as he feels very well appreciated by Town fans and staff but would have gone along with club wishes had a decent bid came in but he has never suggested a want to leave ever.

MacDonald wanted away for a few reasons and wasn't happy at Town.

The players I understand who are not as happy are Hutton and Tomi, one for financial reasons and one because he isn't being played, an offer came in from Scotland for Tomi I understand from Dundee and his old club Ayr wanted him but wouldnt cover anywhere near his full wages. Hutton thinks he deserves more in wages, but, he was happy to sign in the Summer on the wages hes on now, prove it on the pitch for a season before demanding more pay.

I hear Iandolo genuinly thought his future lied at Creepy with the compucash club but for whatever reasons it never materialised.

Hopefully these unhappy players knuckle down and earn a move an the Summer if they arent happy here.

Nice to have Wardy as backup keeper, hes an adequate backup but nowhere near the level of Brynn and also liked Tomlinsons interview stating as a Swindon boy he was/is a fan of STFC, "hes one of our own".

The thing with the Jody Morris appt is that now everyone in the squad from Tuesday 11pm onwards has nearly a completely clean slate to impress the manager. Morris pretty much said the same in his press conference, even if they are maybe disappointed a move did not transpire, they have to show 100% commitment to STFC in both training and if selected in matches. It's highly unlikely but perhaps even Tomi might show something! I think if Williams and Hutton continue to show the form from the first half of the season, we have to dangle contract extensions in front of them, Williams especially.

If Iandolo can show his form from the run in last season under Garner that would be a bonus. He's been playing this season like someone who had his heart and soul taken away after Garner left, perhaps JM will inspire him again. Perhaps I am clapping too happily today!

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51113 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:07:40 »

Agreed, said the same of Lindsey even though his football was boring. You can't judge a new approach on 1 window, 2 is pushing it.

That said I'm utterly sick of division 4, I can see why people want it to work *now*

I think recruitment has been OK, bit disappointing by the window in one way. A bit delighted in another. The disappointment is "on paper" and "on pitch" can remove that!
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51114 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:21:07 »

If Iandolo can show his form from the run in last season under Garner that would be a bonus. He's been playing this season like someone who had his heart and soul taken away after Garner left, perhaps JM will inspire him again. Perhaps I am clapping too happily today!
Iandolo is now on his 10th Swindon permanent manager (yes 10th!) and TBH the only one season he even looked like a half decent footballer was under Garner.

I am not sure he has it in him but would love to eat my own words.

As you say, clean slate now for every player and some may surprise.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51115 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:21:58 »

Anybody in the squad who may be pissed off about things has only a few months to sit it out. No doubt Tomi and Iandolo will get their moves in the summer. Not sure how Hutton can up his salary under his present contract - maybe offer him a new, improved one if we go up. I’d imagine he’d be a saleable asset in the summer if necessary.

I think everyone now needs to concentrate on what happens on the pitch more than individuals behind the scenes.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51116 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:29:07 »

Hutton would be mad to leave.

For the rest of the season he’s got arguably the best striker in the bottom two divisions in the box waiting to get on the end of his crosses.

His chances create / assist stats are just going to keep going up

Leaves him in strong position in the summer to negotiate a better contract here (probably deserved by that point too£
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #51117 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 10:33:40 »

Just hope they continue giving 100% and dont have a strop.

Its not in their interests too
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #51118 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 11:12:32 »

Ooooh the transfer window has SLAMMED shut yet we are in for more transfer treats!!

We're still swooping in for signatures after its slammed shut.

God, I love journo speak.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #51119 on: Friday, February 3, 2023, 11:16:46 »

Swooping in for a player who can literally only sign for us…
Pages: 1 ... 3405 3406 3407 [3408] 3409 3410 3411 ... 3974   Go Up
Print
Jump to: