Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 3410 [3411] 3412 3413 3414 ... 3977   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: STFC Transfer Rumours  (Read 8974520 times)
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51150 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 15:22:50 »

What happened with Ward in the end? Seems to have gone a bit quiet. Is he still training with us or have we let him go?

In the absence of any news I suspect we will continue to let him train with us and make a decision as to whether to sign him either if Brynn gets injured or someone else tries to sign Ward. In theory we seem to have an experienced back up keeper at the moment without the inconvenience of having to pay him.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51151 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 15:26:34 »

According to Morris Crawley Sutton are the problem somehow. We’re keen to sign, so is Ward. Morris thought it’d be f7nalised last week. Sounds pissed off.

‘ There is an issue with his previous club and we and him are seeking advice on it. I am not sure where it is going to go, I am not sure what I can say. I would like him to sign, but I don't know.’
kaufman

« Reply #51152 on: Thursday, February 9, 2023, 16:29:48 »

According to Morris Crawley Sutton are the problem somehow. We’re keen to sign, so is Ward. Morris thought it’d be f7nalised last week. Sounds pissed off.

‘ There is an issue with his previous club and we and him are seeking advice on it. I am not sure where it is going to go, I am not sure what I can say. I would like him to sign, but I don't know.’

The word Crawley completely threw me there. Kudos for adding it in for no reason Smiley
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #51153 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 12:23:59 »

I just read an article regarding Lewis Ward that suggests that Sutton had inserted several clauses in the termination, one seems to suggest that Sutton are hopeful of receiving a fee for Ward. No idea how these things work but I can only imagine that as part of the termination Sutton put in some kind of remuneration clause whereby they would receive a fee if Ward was to sign a contract before X date or something? Obviously they know that Ward could only sign for us so perhaps a sneaky way of trying to get some of their money back on him from us?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51154 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 12:34:09 »

I just read an article regarding Lewis Ward that suggests that Sutton had inserted several clauses in the termination, one seems to suggest that Sutton are hopeful of receiving a fee for Ward. No idea how these things work but I can only imagine that as part of the termination Sutton put in some kind of remuneration clause whereby they would receive a fee if Ward was to sign a contract before X date or something? Obviously they know that Ward could only sign for us so perhaps a sneaky way of trying to get some of their money back on him from us?
Surely that’s just a box standard transfer. If they’ve terminated his contract they’ve paid him up. He can’t both be a free agent and attract a fee.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51155 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 12:43:45 »

Surely that’s just a box standard transfer. If they’ve terminated his contract they’ve paid him up. He can’t both be a free agent and attract a fee.

You would have thought so, no idea why it's so complicated.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #51156 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 12:59:32 »

I assume there is also a clause that says we can't announce the transfer until 3 weeks after its happened.  Wink

Seriously I assume its some sort of gardening leave clause, albeit I wonder whether its more a clause that means Ward can't earn his cash twice so if he signs somewhere else before the end of the period he has been paid off for he has to pay back some of the pay off?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #51157 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 13:14:36 »

I miss Sutton 😢
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #51158 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 13:28:31 »

Is it me? or is every Goddamn transfer / change of manager or coaching staff getting extra complicated these days??*

*it's probably me...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #51159 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 13:31:01 »

Is it me? or is every Goddamn transfer / change of manager or coaching staff getting extra complicated these days??*

*it's probably me...

It sure seems to drag on and on.

Is it standard everywhere or just us?!
Has it always been like this and we get to hear about it quicker now? Certainly not the case with managerial appointments. Can't remember us taking ages to appoint an assistant before
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #51160 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 16:22:09 »

The Ward one is likely because Sutton agreed to rip up his contract for him, on the basis he wanted out but had nowhere to go right now, maybe even paid him a bit.  In return they likely added a clause in the severance that if he signed before xx date, they get to be involved for a transfer fee or he returns some money.  I see no issue with that approach.
Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51161 on: Friday, February 10, 2023, 16:26:43 »

The Ward one is likely because Sutton agreed to rip up his contract for him, on the basis he wanted out but had nowhere to go right now, maybe even paid him a bit.  In return they likely added a clause in the severance that if he signed before xx date, they get to be involved for a transfer fee or he returns some money.  I see no issue with that approach.

Yeah I guess it makes sense. So we let him train with us for nada - as a trialist I guess and we'll wait until after that date has passed before offering him a deal. Obviously hoping in the meantime Brynn doesn't get injured.

Bob's Orange

Ignore
« Reply #51162 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 10:22:20 »

Little update on Lewis Ward:

Understand Sutton didn't put any exit clauses in place and mutually terminated the contract. Then when he's signed for Swindon they've... realised they've made a mistake.

Could take a little while to resolve and could end up with the PFA

Surely if Sutton 'forgot' to put exit clauses in then that's tough shit?

Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #51163 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 11:03:29 »

Surely if Sutton 'forgot' to put exit clauses in then that's tough shit?
You would think so, Sutton still have the non league mindset it seems.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #51164 on: Saturday, February 11, 2023, 11:23:07 »

Terminated his contract but still hold his registration. How does that work?
Pages: 1 ... 3408 3409 3410 [3411] 3412 3413 3414 ... 3977   Go Up
Print
Jump to: