Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fuck off Atkinson  (Read 13528 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 10:56:10 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
Quote from: "adje"
Spencer White,I thought Id be slated but dont you EVER call me" a bandwagon jumping twat"or an "ignorant fuck" you jumped -up  shite!Insulting black folk was wrong in the 70's and its wrong now.

He used a derogatory term. One that belongs in the past. He was punished badly for it and lost his reputation. Why keep on about it? How many 70 year olds have used the word nigger in their lives? My grandparents and probably yours too. I have no excuses for slipping out such a term. But Big Ron is an old man and he deserves forgiveness because of his long service to the game.

You are ignorant. You just want to ruin the bloke without even thinking about the circumstances in which he said it. His childhood was the 50's FFS.

And you ARE a jumped-up shite.I am well aware of the circumstances in which he said it.You make him out to be some senile old git who doesn't know what he's saying.Maybe my Grandad did use that term but it doesn't make it right.The circumstances dont enter into it"fucking lazy nigger" is offensive.If a politician used it he'd be sacked.Ron Atkinson was a public servant at the time and should never work in that field again-thats my opinion.And DONT call me iignorant-call me a cunt if you like but ignorant suggests I shouldn't have an opinion on this matter.Besides,I wouldn't "keep on about it"if he hadn't resurfaced in something concerning MY club.FFS!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 12:03:37 »

My wife is black, so Atkinson can fuck off and i dont give a fuck what anyone says, yes the money will help but Ron can fuck right off  :fu:
Spencer_White

« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 19:39:05 »

Yeah yeah jumped up shite.  :boring:

Attitudes have changed, thats great. But nigger was once a popular term in this country and he was refering to that time. Ron is 2 generations older than myself, thats a sea change in political correctness. And once again he said 'thats what we used to call a lazy nigger at school' not 'fucking lazy nigger' (more ignorance on your behalf? - you'll like that  Soapy Tit Wank ).

He was sacked, I agreed with that decision. But Ron Atkinson does deserve his 2nd chance. He was one of the most popular figures in the game. How much do you want to keep punishing an old man, who feels terrible about what he did and has apologised profusely. Why cant you forgive him?

Its left wing PC mindedness gone mad. Is popular society going to pillory him until the day he dies? For me thats more a form of facism than what Ron ever did. He said a bad thing, he was sacked, he paid the penalty. Public humiliation. Exile from the media. But hes said sorry, he is sorry, it was a few years ago and now its time to move on.
Spencer_White

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 19:52:11 »

Oh yeah, and Desailly WAS proper crap in that game V Monaco.  

(Im am joking).
Compo

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 19:52:22 »

Yeah lets not forget Nigger the dog in The Dambusters.

Sorry i dont agree with you, even though my next door neighbour still calls Ifil and Shakes, darkies! But he is 75............  Cheesy
Spencer_White

« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 19:53:48 »

And how old is Big Ron?  :roll:
STFC Village

« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 19:56:59 »

Quote from: "Spencer_White"
And how old is Big Ron?  :roll:
Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 20:59:09 »

He's still a nob whichever way you cut it!

"Great save, Digby."
Spencer_White

« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 21:44:05 »

Not really.  
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 22:28:23 »

I think the main point is he wasn't using it as a dig at Desailly for being black, he was criticising his laziness! Not that that makes what he said any better but you have to see how it was a mistake rather than a deliberate attack...
lumpimynci

« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 23:31:32 »

The man was always a fat bald, badly dressed talentless cunt. I never understood a fucking word he was on about as a commentator and hated ITV ever winning any coverage contracts 'cause that useless prick would ruin it for me.

As far as the "in the old days before racism was bad" bollocks is concerned, fucking listen to yourselves. When Ricky Gervais wrote that it was supposed to be a joke.

BFR is not some doddery old pensioner who's never met anyone black, he's worked in football for decades and no doubt signed up to all the well meaning if essentially toothless campaigns the FA and PFA ever ran.

The truth of it is there were a number of mutterings from black players that had previously worked under the scummer when all this came out, that suggested it wasn't the first time he'd opened his gob and plunged both feet into it.

Iffy should deck him the first time he says anything the slightest bit, well ....iffy. See how the cameras like that.
STFC Village

« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 23:32:29 »

Bald?
lumpimynci

« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 23:39:28 »

OK balding! That comeover didn't fool anyone.

Except you by the seem of it?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, December 27, 2005, 23:41:25 »

Quote from: "STFC Village"
Bald?

A purveyor of rubbish always give themselves away by such oversights...BR had the same slicked back quiffy thing he had as a scummer when he wadldled around in the 60's into about 70, trying to kick our svelte athletes, but singularly failing to register a single win.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Wednesday, December 28, 2005, 00:07:20 »

Atkinson resigned last night as a football summariser for ITV Sport after calling Desailly a "fucking lazy thick nigger" on air following his team's defeat at the hands of Monaco in the first leg of the European Champions League semi-final.

Now who's fucking ignorant? Besides I dont intend to "pillory him until he dies".As I said( the bit which you obviously didn't reach) I only brought it up because of the relevance to our club at this moment in time.Quote above is from a press release at the time by the way.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: