Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: My second football team...  (Read 16368 times)
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 12:54:44 »

any fjortoft connections?
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:00:36 »

Although it has usually applied to Town, "not being very good" is a bit of a requirement for me to like any other club.

On that basis, "playing away" at Woking and actually cheering and generally joining in is something i do midweek occasionally - I work there.

Even more adventurously, I ended up chanting "up the dale, up the dale, up the dale!" at Southampton the weekend after our Johnstones win when we were at Carlisle - a guilty pleasure.

What distinguishes though is the absence of any anxiety - is that the beauty of "supporting"?
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:01:05 »

Just remembered, I have another team. Avenir Beggen are my Luxembourg team in Division 2 (the brilliantly named League of honour)

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Hexagon

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:19:24 »

I've seen Vålerenga play - Tromsdalen vs Vålerenga in a 2nd division game in about 2001.  They weren't very good(!)

They're a bit better than that now. When I saw them they won 5-2. Currently 2nd in the league behind Rosenborg.
Great atmosphere at the game.

any fjortoft connections?

For a Fjortoft connection you'll have to look to Lillestrom, who i think Sonic mentioned earlier in the thread.
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:21:40 »

Got a soft spot for Barnet cos my grandparents used to lived there and we would go and watch them when visiting.

Dont support them but want them to do well and always look out for the results.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:31:50 »

Anybody who even looks at another teams results is a traitorous bastard who ought to have their nuts/fanny cut off. Unless it's STFC reserves.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:37:42 »

I can't get enough of watching Arsenal, Man Utd, Chelsea & Liverpool on the telly. I don't buy the shirts because I'm a real fan, not a plastic.

I just have a Swindon season ticket so I can look cool and look like I support a "real" club.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 13:47:10 »

Anybody who even looks at another teams results is a traitorous bastard who ought to have their nuts/fanny cut off. Unless it's STFC reserves.
Based on this can we no longer look at the league table?
faringdingdong

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 14:13:46 »

See you saturday in the legends!

Its town all the way..... apart from this weekend when i cant get to the fucking match -her birthday. *hangs head in shame*

We wanna go somewhere else. We're not threatened by people anymore. All our insecurities have evaporated. We're in the clouds now. We're wide open. We're spacemen orbiting the earth. The world looks beautiful from here, man.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 14:51:32 »

Quite easy to support two teams I'm testament to that fact
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 15:15:47 »

Alright apart from aqueducts etc etc. I'll let you off STFCB. Yes you can look at the tables BB as they aren't results. But anyone else I'm bringinging my secatuers on saturday.
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 15:23:41 »

Alright apart from aqueducts etc etc. I'll let you off STFCB. Yes you can look at the tables BB as they aren't results. But anyone else I'm bringinging my secatuers on saturday.
Thanks for that i was worried
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 15:35:33 »

I follow Vålerenga in Norway.

Purely because I went to a game while I was out there and traded scarves with a local I met in Oslo.
Boo!

I went to see LSK v VIF, Vålerenga won quite comfortably. Great atmosphere though.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 15:36:00 »

The only team i look out for results for are Torquay, beause most of my family is from their. Dont care if they win or lose.

People who say they support Man United when they've never even been to fucking Manchester fucks me off. I also have a mate who supports Barcalona because 'they're good'. Oh fuck off.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Wednesday, September 22, 2010, 15:47:32 »

Just Town, nothing else really matters.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: