Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Barrow AFC pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27873 times)
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #360 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:30:55 »

From what I read and viewed from the highlights it didn't look a 'classic'.

Zav, Hart (I think it was him) and Sandro pictured together in the padded seats area is a bit of a middle finger to the fans in my opinion. Given the clear discontent of the fanbase and the absolute wall of silence from the club in what is an absolutely crucial period to get season ticket money in to build a promotion winning side next season is concerning.

Unfortunately given that Clem has yet to make any changes to the footballing operation side, suggests to me that Clem's hands are tied with being able to do anything. I should caveat that I know absolutely nothing about what is happening behind the scenes at the club and I might have been listening to Sandy Shaw's eurovision song a few too many times this morning!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #361 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:33:31 »

From what I read and viewed from the highlights it didn't look a 'classic'.

Zav, Hart (I think it was him) and Sandro pictured together in the padded seats area is a bit of a middle finger to the fans in my opinion. Given the clear discontent of the fanbase and the absolute wall of silence from the club in what is an absolutely crucial period to get season ticket money in to build a promotion winning side next season is concerning.

Unfortunately given that Clem has yet to make any changes to the footballing operation side, suggests to me that Clem's hands are tied with being able to do anything. I should caveat that I know absolutely nothing about what is happening behind the scenes at the club and I might have been listening to Sandy Shaw's eurovision song a few too many times this morning!

Gristwood (Platinum Heavy) was the third musketeer.

Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #362 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:42:44 »

Cheers MPM, who is he then?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #363 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:47:26 »

Was he another name from the Power era? Or am I thinking of another name from a security company, Dolph maybe?
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #364 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:51:02 »

Same bloke, Power associate (just like everyone else is/once was).
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #365 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:52:32 »

Cheers MPM, who is he then?

Security guard come tree surgeon who was/is Powers hard man. https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_/status/1026384992149098497

IIRC was a non-executive director under Power.

Him being at the ground with Austin is just plain odd if we are to believe as suggested previously that Austin was ruffed up previously at the behest of Power?
« Last Edit: Monday, April 17, 2023, 09:57:14 by horlock07 » Logged
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #366 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:05:11 »

Security guard come tree surgeon who was/is Powers hard man. https://twitter.com/SamMorshead_/status/1026384992149098497

Him being at the ground with Austin is just plain odd if we are to believe as suggested previously that Austin was ruffed up previously at the behest of Power?

Everything about the current set up could generously be described as "odd."

It calls to mind the lyrics of The Who song 'We Won't Get Fooled Again,' (ironically we probably have been) which are "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #367 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:08:40 »

Clem literally said Austin got battered in his statement introducing Zav, think many on here know it was linked to the LP era and hence Clem getting that out in public, would also say its highly unlikely it was platinum security firm who filled Zav in - will be someone much higher up in the unofficial foodchain of heavyweights.
ThreeDrawsMentality

Ignore
« Reply #368 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:08:48 »

Same bloke, Power associate (just like everyone else is/once was).
Oh FFS. Even more alarm bells. This is fine.
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #369 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:11:10 »

Yep.

I want Clem to be the real deal, but i fear all these skeletons lurking in the shadows make it plausible he is the 'clean' front man to a more nefarious group. The silence from him right now is deafening, given we were previously told from RA hes on the phone multiple times a day and really hands on.

DMC

« Reply #370 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:11:52 »

Not sure i would be putting Gristwood in with Powers hard men probably a bit unfair. Gristwood from my understanding(may be wrong) was also fucked over by our previous owner and has a security contract with the club. I imagine all hos work is actually ducumented and paid for properly this time around too.

I honestly wouldn't read into him being at the club
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #371 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:14:27 »

Are they skeletons lurking in the shadows if they are sat in the Directors' box lording it up? The fact that they are hiding in plain sight makes me all the more concerned about most STFC fans' ability to think critically, as if the Power era wasn't bad enough. Turns out a bucket hat and a hand pulled pint are all that an illusionist requires these days. Watch out David Copperfield!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #372 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:23:11 »

Are they skeletons lurking in the shadows if they are sat in the Directors' box lording it up? The fact that they are hiding in plain sight makes me all the more concerned about most STFC fans' ability to think critically, as if the Power era wasn't bad enough. Turns out a bucket hat and a hand pulled pint are all that an illusionist requires these days. Watch out David Copperfield!

If these are the people deemed fit enough to be on public display, i shudder to think whos in the shadows!

We're just a magnet for wrong'uns arent we  No
MangoRed

Ignore
« Reply #373 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:37:43 »

Oh FFS. Even more alarm bells. This is fine.

This is swindon, that alarm bell never stops  Crying
DMC

« Reply #374 on: Monday, April 17, 2023, 10:38:22 »

Genuine question though, what has Gristwood done?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: