Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Barrow AFC pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 29343 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 19:52:56 »

Not at all Batch. Just making the point. He's just not interested. That's my opinion, and mine only.

8k attendance but seemed a lot less.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 20:05:00 »

I disagree, so there !

8k has to include season ticket holders not present. To be honest the DRS didn't feel as empty as I thought it would while sitting there, but then I saw a picture from the arkells and it sure looked empty.
------
Regardless of Austin we really need to sort the supply issue out.

RHM isn't exactly shit, but has no footballing brain. Movement isn't great out of possession.

Wakeling should be up top with Austin, not wide

khan is good one game, crap 3

mcE is alright but not sure I'd have him and khan in the same team.

Hutton is either marked out the game or finding it though going. Crosses are more miss than hit.

Darcy has his moments but ultimately see Khan..

Williams was probably the brightest of the bunch but his set pieces (corners) were poor.

kadji isn't a ball player type
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 21:14:10 »

I believe by the way, that we are mathematically safe from relegation as of today! Might have fucked up the maths but I don't think we can drop further than 22nd even if every result goes against us.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 21:22:18 »

we are indeed
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 22:30:50 »

We are absolutely shite.
Another 90 minutes of pure dross. Summed up perfectly at the end when the ball squared to Khan to shoot and he did injuring himself.

Not a pot to piss in policy.
Had a gut full of this shite week in and week out.
Robinz

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 22:56:42 »

Was it really that bad....Huh??
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Saturday, April 15, 2023, 23:18:55 »

Was it really that bad....Huh??

Bad every week mate.
Stinks of not having a pot to piss in.
Unless we drastically change pre season we are seriously looking at a relegation battle.
Unreal today, attacking at home and rarely had one player in the 18 yard box, Barrow defence found it easy. Austin having to come out wide most of the second half.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 06:02:39 »

I think I can answer that question - trying to avoid conceding from them at all costs, bearing in mind how recent weeks have gone.

I can’t believe this even got asked.

Just typical of our fans.
Stop conceding from set pieces !!!
(We stick 11 men behind the ball)
Why are we putting 11 men behind the ball at set pieces ? *angry face*

….also love how many people managed to count the fans & know exactly how many were there.

Still we are back to being shit on the pitch, all sorts of rumours about off the pitch, fans all convinced we haven’t got a pot to piss in - the type of misery our fans fucking love and live for. Swindon Town are back. Cant wait for the cries of ‘never going again’ from the fans that go every week & continue to do so because without moaning about STFC what else have they got?

Relegation already on the cards next season, just what the club need - fucking love it…
Trashbat?

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 07:31:47 »

At least Tom Broadbent has had a good season… every cloud
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 07:35:11 »

Honestly don’t think it’s because we are skint (as has already been posted we’ve used 41 players this season), the problem is the money hasn’t been spent in the right areas.

Heard a rumour yesterday that makes some sense, apparently Lindsey was a bit of a soft touch when it came to the players, but Morris is a bit more of a disciplinarian and some of them don’t like it.
Hope this is true, he just needs to learn how to give them a bollocking
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #325 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 07:47:39 »

More likely the players need how to accept a bollocking.

For me, it’s the midfield that needs a complete overhaul. Austin, Wakeling, RHM are easily good enough for challenging in L2. 

Brewitt, Clayton, FBT, Tomlinson, Minturn, Hutton/Lavinier ditto.

While some of the midfielders are individually good enough they are all too similar in style and physically. Nobody protects the defence and getting the ball into dangerous areas is nowhere near good enough.

I know a few on here would say bin the lot of them but that isn’t possible. Whatever budget we will have must be used to get the midfield upgraded.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 08:00:24 »

….also love how many people managed to count the fans & know exactly how many were there.

Still we are back to being shit on the pitch, all sorts of rumours about off the pitch, fans all convinced we haven’t got a pot to piss in - the type of misery our fans fucking love and live for. Swindon Town are back. Cant wait for the cries of ‘never going again’ from the fans that go every week & continue to do so because without moaning about STFC what else have they got?

Relegation already on the cards next season, just what the club need - fucking love it…
I don't think it's hyperbolic or hysterical to conclude that...

1. The Club is probably skint
2. Unless something pretty drastic happens over the next couple of months we are going to be looking at  a relegation dog fight next season.

That should be pretty clear to even the most casual observer. To see things differently you would have to be in denial and I'm pretty sure that no one is enjoying the current situation we find ourselves in.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 08:02:17 »

Most of the clubs at this level are skint.
We won’t be in a relegation scrap next season.
Our fans live for the misery.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 08:17:54 »

I think those that travel to watch it week in and week out will feel the same.
Less anger yesterday, most around me were actually laughing as to how bad we are.
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 08:21:40 »

Most of the clubs at this level are skint.
We won’t be in a relegation scrap next season.
Our fans live for the misery.

Our budget is by no means near the top end of the League. Not that it is the be and end all, more about the quality however if you are relying on the second biggest gates in the League for income you need to wake up because that is likely to reduce.
We have cut our budgets drastically.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: