Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town FC vs Barrow AFC pre match chat and matchday thread  (Read 27746 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #345 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 14:03:57 »

Tough watch but like Monday, not shit but could still be out there now without scoring!

We are now officially safe! Phew!

Fans are now indifferent and my personal take is that some stalwarts stayed away and those that attended laughed off the performance rather than moan about it.

Was it a Pen? I stand in the far end of the TE and it looked like it to me but my ususal pre match sherberts might of misted my vision.

Probably go on Tuesday, i have a pick of three STs that arent being used.

Clems Army!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #346 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 14:42:56 »

they were all comfortably in our half on free kicks and done corners.

You can see 9 in this capture alone.

I get 7 v 10 in the box should give us an advantage and cover more space, but only if all 10 can actually defend.

All I'm saying is it's not stupid to ask if we should have someone around half way line to chase a clearance

Even if we had left one up. They’d still have left one back and pushed the same 9 forward.
I get asking the question if we did it for every set piece all season but considering how many we’ve conceded in rest weeks - I understand the logic in playing it as safe as possible.
Mooneyraker

Beware Aussies in bucket hats bearing gifts

Ignore
« Reply #347 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 14:58:46 »

Totally missed this game and, as sad as it is to draw at home with Barrow, a clean sheet feels like a step forward from where we've been. It sounds like Brewitt had a decent game and I definitely think he has shown that he is good enough to be in a L2 squad for us next year. Easy to forget that both he and McEachran had no preseason and have come in off the scrapheap and been asked to play almost every minute since they arrived, which is no mean feat. It shows a high degree of professionalism to have physically maintained themselves so well on their own. 
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #348 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:10:31 »

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
bathford

Ignore
« Reply #349 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:16:03 »

Whilst Rob, and I take Clem, have confirmed that changes in recruitment will happen next season with the necessary funds available,  can I ask,  what will a convicted money laundering drug dealer and a bookies runner bring to the club next year if at least one of them will be not required.
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:46:30 by bathford » Logged
theakston2k

Ignore
« Reply #350 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 15:16:11 »

Even if we had left one up. They’d still have left one back and pushed the same 9 forward.
I get asking the question if we did it for every set piece all season but considering how many we’ve conceded in rest weeks - I understand the logic in playing it as safe as possible.
Oh come on no team leaves a team 1 on 1 at the back from a corner, if a team leaves 1 up front the defensive team will leave 2 back. That’s absolutely basic stuff.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #351 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:00:11 »

that's fair

it was just the tone of your original post reading line you'd have to be an idiot to suggest such a thing.

in any case, we didn't concede. so it worked
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #352 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:10:45 »

Whilst Rob, and I take Clem, have confirmed that changes in recruitment will happen next season with the necessary funds available,  can I ask,  what will a convicted money laundering drug dealer and a bookies runner bring to the club next year if at least one of them will be not required.

They can talk the talk but i wont believe it until we see hard evidence of change
« Last Edit: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 17:28:35 by tans » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #353 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:14:35 »

that's fair

it was just the tone of your original post reading line you'd have to be an idiot to suggest such a thing.

in any case, we didn't concede. so it worked

Oh, yeah I meant it was an odd question to ask certainly within the context of how our defending of set pieces has been recently. I wouldn’t advocate it on every single set piece over a whole season.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #354 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:14:35 »

I think that's fair enough tans.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #355 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:16:05 »

Quote from: DiV
Oh, yeah I meant it was an odd question to ask certainly within the context of how our defending of set pieces has been recently. I wouldn’t advocate it on every single set piece over a whole season.

goes to show how easy it is to misinterpret things on the internet Smiley
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #356 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:46:45 »

Wakeling should be up top with Austin, not wide

This. So much this.

kadji isn't a ball player type

I'm not convinced he is any type of professional footballer, if I'm honest.
ChalkyWhiteIsGod
TOLD YOU SO

Ignore
« Reply #357 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 16:52:06 »

Was half expecting a comedy bit of just the kick off and full time whistle.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #358 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 17:30:32 »

Tough watch but like Monday, not shit but could still be out there now without scoring!

We are now officially safe! Phew!

Fans are now indifferent and my personal take is that some stalwarts stayed away and those that attended laughed off the performance rather than moan about it.

Was it a Pen? I stand in the far end of the TE and it looked like it to me but my ususal pre match sherberts might of misted my vision.

Probably go on Tuesday, i have a pick of three STs that arent being used.

Ooh, do I get one?
Jimmy HaveHave

Ignore
« Reply #359 on: Sunday, April 16, 2023, 17:33:41 »

Was half expecting a comedy bit of just the kick off and full time whistle.

I liked the distant "we hate Oxford chant" 😀

Clem, hurry up and sell up🤡
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 29   Go Up
Print
Jump to: