Poll
Question: Should we employ Phil 'tango' Brown as manager for next season?
Yes - 64 (59.8%)
No - 30 (28%)
Don't care - 13 (12.1%)
Total Voters: 98

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Phil Brown: Yes or No?  (Read 135078 times)
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:17:34 »

I'm still narked off at the way the season  flatlined. Its a bit simplistic to say not good enough. I don't think that's incorrect - couldn't see Flitcroft taking us up - but the spectacular way we surrendered was pathetic. I expected more.

That said, fat boy Evans and Flitcroft also failed/look like failing in their new roles too. Maybe the new manager bounce has a deadline day too.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 11:42:32 »

Some, if not all, of those dreadful performances this season are down to the players. The disparity between stuffing Luton, Mansfield etc and getting turned over by Crawley, Barnet (too many others to mention), doesn’t sit well with me. They couldn’t even been arsed to turn up for Matt Taylor’s one and only game in charge. Lacklustre, bottling n’er-do-wells. whether that was some sort of backlash against Flitcroft’s ‘way’ or just a general attitude problem I don’t know.

But something was obviously not right behind the scenes.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 12:02:18 »

Some, if not all, of those dreadful performances this season are down to the players. The disparity between stuffing Luton, Mansfield etc and getting turned over by Crawley, Barnet (too many others to mention), doesn’t sit well with me. They couldn’t even been arsed to turn up for Matt Taylor’s one and only game in charge. Lacklustre, bottling n’er-do-wells. whether that was some sort of backlash against Flitcroft’s ‘way’ or just a general attitude problem I don’t know.

I'd agree, the not turning up for Matt Taylor's game was a huge one, you would have expected some sort of reaction
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 12:07:55 »

I'd agree, the not turning up for Matt Taylor's game was a huge one, you would have expected some sort of reaction

Yeah, naively I thought the players would come out all guns blazing for that. So disappointed by that one.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Friday, May 4, 2018, 19:38:13 »

Which is what I allused to in a post a short time ago. Sums our season up really.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 08:24:02 »

So, I'm expecting a decision today.... am I being naive  Hmmm
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 08:32:41 »

So, I'm expecting a decision today.... am I being naive  Hmmm

I think they have to tell Brown first, stay strong.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #187 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 08:36:03 »

or they have to tell the other candidate first to ensure they'll accept the job but those conversations would normally be in a couple of months.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 09:11:43 »

or they have to tell the other candidate first to ensure they'll accept the job but those conversations would normally be in a couple of months.

Right, so the consensus seems to be that I can chill and not expect any news until around mid July.  Phew.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 09:17:38 »

I’d imagine any decision will be known soon. If it’s a no I can’t see Brown keeping schtum - plus the fact he’s likely to get another gig fairly easily.

The worry is Power’s usual fannying about when it comes to appointing someone else.

Saying that, giving Brown a 10 game contract surely means Power was looking elsewhere if he didn’t fancy him permanently.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #190 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 09:27:23 »

I think it will depends on PB's wages, if Power thinks he is affordable then he will be given the job, if he isn't then I think Taylor will be fast tracked into the job.

I personally think its a season too soon for Taylor as I feel he needs more time coaching before making the jump up to management.

As a preference I would prefer PB as I think he has made us harder to beat than under the man who must not be nicknamed, I do think that with about 4 new signings we will challenge for the title next season, there I have jinxed it!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Legends-Lounge

Non PC straight talking tory Brexit voter on this

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 10:35:26 »

I alluded to Matt Taylor being hung out to dry by his team mates a few days ago, absolute disgrace. Which is why I suspect he wasn’t given the job. It would have been obvious to power watching from the stands it wasn’t going well and Phil Brown too.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 10:35:36 »

Given the summer to assemble his own squad, Brown should get us up next season. But it could just be another Flitcroft scenario where he'll fuck off at the earliest opportunity. Even if he does well, Brown's always going to be looking higher up the ladder than sticking with us.

I'd really like to get someone in who'll stick around and build a squad for the next two or three seasons, but that just doesn't seem to happen in football any more.
Panda Paws

« Reply #193 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 11:17:25 »

Given the summer to assemble his own squad, Brown should get us up next season. But it could just be another Flitcroft scenario where he'll fuck off at the earliest opportunity. Even if he does well, Brown's always going to be looking higher up the ladder than sticking with us.

I'd really like to get someone in who'll stick around and build a squad for the next two or three seasons, but that just doesn't seem to happen in football any more.

Why do you think that about Brown? I'm not entirely enamored by him, but actually he doesn't really jump from club to club at all.... 5 years at Hull, 6 at Southend?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 12:34:56 by Panda Paws » Logged
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Tuesday, May 8, 2018, 12:28:19 »

Hmm, I hadn't realised he was out Southend for so long.

I just sense that he'd feel 'bigger' than our current position and would jump at a better opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 32   Go Up
Print
Jump to: