Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 23   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fans phone in, Friday 6pm  (Read 80941 times)
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 09:51:39 »

Write your questions here and io will copy them onto a email if you want
All season we have had no pace, no direction and a lot of times we have had no desire.  Where has it all gone wrong Lee?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:17:11 »

"What do you feel about being judged every single minute, of every single day, by ill informed people on the Internet"?
In the absence of any information, people are inclined to fill in the gaps with all sort of shit.

Can't really blame them.

And, imo, any signings today doesn't wipe out the pathetic recruitment policy in the last 2/3 windows.

He needs taking to task vigorously. I'll try my best.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:33:11 »

Cheers.

1. Does Power admit that his model is flawed? I.e., does he accept that there is a need for an experienced spine, which would make us more competitive and actually help bring on the younger players.
2. What does Sherwood actually do? If he does, as was said at his unveiling, have responsibility for tactics, signings, team selection, etc, what does Williams do?
3. Sherwood said at his press conference that if things were going wrong on the pitch he'd be on the touch line. Things have been 'going wrong' for most of his time here and he's been on the touch line once. Why is this?
4. If the answer to question 2 confirms that Sherwood is in total control of the playing side, why doesn't he front up to the media post match? If Williams is now a bit part player, why is he wheeled out after every abject performance to basically say it isn't his fault?
5. It's gone very quiet on the training ground, can he provide an update?
6. Is he willing to admit that there is currently a growing disconnect between the club and supporters and has he any plans to improve this situation?

It's All Good..............
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:36:47 »

And, imo, any signings today doesn't wipe out the pathetic recruitment policy in the last 2/3 windows.

How do you think it compares with Di Canio?

People will point to the good players he signed, but his hit rate of decent players can't have been much better.

I guess when you have a budget that's 2 or 3 times the rest of the division (which we did in league 2) it's easier to do because you can just buy & discard players.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:41:18 »

Success on the pitch covers up poor recruitment. Di Canio bought players for too much, paid them too much and they had very little sell-on value.

Power has done the complete opposite. All we really want is a happy medium.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:42:55 »

How do you think it compares with Di Canio?

People will point to the good players he signed, but his hit rate of decent players can't have been much better.

I guess when you have a budget that's 2 or 3 times the rest of the division (which we did in league 2) it's easier to do because you can just buy & discard players.

I assumed he meant the approach (last minute desperation, total youth policy, hopefully get bailed out later when it doesn't work) .

There are always going to be hits and misses at clubs at every level.

edit: too slow
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:47:31 »

Success on the pitch covers up poor recruitment. Di Canio bought players for too much, paid them too much and they had very little sell-on value.

Power has done the complete opposite. All we really want is a happy medium.
Here you go then:

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 10:51:57 »

He-he!
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 11:18:25 »

Finding out about "one of the best appointments - Sherwood" has to be top of the priority.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, January 31, 2017, 13:22:10 »

Cheers.

1. Does Power admit that his model is flawed? I.e., does he accept that there is a need for an experienced spine, which would make us more competitive and actually help bring on the younger players.
2. What does Sherwood actually do? If he does, as was said at his unveiling, have responsibility for tactics, signings, team selection, etc, what does Williams do?
3. Sherwood said at his press conference that if things were going wrong on the pitch he'd be on the touch line. Things have been 'going wrong' for most of his time here and he's been on the touch line once. Why is this?
4. If the answer to question 2 confirms that Sherwood is in total control of the playing side, why doesn't he front up to the media post match? If Williams is now a bit part player, why is he wheeled out after every abject performance to basically say it isn't his fault?
5. It's gone very quiet on the training ground, can he provide an update?
6. Is he willing to admit that there is currently a growing disconnect between the club and supporters and has he any plans to improve this situation?
Some very good points.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 19:16:35 »

Cheers, going to be at work/traveling back. Probably already on the list. You can use my real name or I can email them in myself.

1. Given Tim Sherwood is in overall control on all aspects of the football side, why isn't he fronting up to the press/fans and influencing things from the sidelines. With the greatest respect to Luke Williams, he's just a coach, I don't care what he thinks anymore. Does Tim have a contractual reason not to do it himself (e.g. a compromise agreement clause with Villa)

2. Our summer recruitment for the last two seasons has been poor. We've left it last minute and invested on what in my opinion are unproven punts. This view has been backed up by January panics where we've had to rely on signing previous players on loan to try and bail us out.

While the pursuit of break even is both commendable and indeed necessary, isn't it time to tweak the formula slightly for next year. The team is crying out for more established experienced heads, and we won't always be lucky with former players availability, QPR, Brighton and Chelsea will move them on.

2b. Moreover sizeable number of fans are on the verge of giving up on regular support of the Town under this model, they can't see it ever improving and feel alienated from the club.

It would be foolish to dismiss this as the "outspoken few", I'm talking about people I've been going to football with for many many years and I hear it replicated in many quarters.

How are you going to address a) the transfer policy issue and b) the complete PR disaster that has resulted from the complete lack of communication and engagement from yourself and the DoF? Please convince them next year will be different.

3. What happened with being "stuck" with 7 loan players? Did a loan->perm deals not come off? Which parent clubs will allow them to be "rested" and which parent clubs will insist they play/charge us more for not playing them?

4. Were we remunerated in any way to terminate Murray's contract?

5. Do you feel time taken addressing Waterford's needs has been detrimental to Swindon Town?

6. Explain the thinking behind the Feruz loan and the Starkey buy. Feruz looks somewhat limited and no better that what we have - was he a condition of taking the other two? Starkey could be brilliant, but we have so many midfield options at the club it is hard to make sense of the signing. Is he one for the future?

Congratulations on getting Ince and Ajose, they could be the difference between relegation and survival.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 19:37:47 by Batch » Logged
woolster

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 19:34:57 »

Congratulations on getting Ince and Ajose, they could be the difference between relegation and survival.
cock sucker Smiley
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 19:35:48 »

cock sucker Smiley

Want to get in on Sunday.

Also £5 a go...Wink
woolster

« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, February 1, 2017, 19:37:23 »

Want to get in on Sunday.

Also £5 a go...Wink