Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 131

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 71521 times)
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:40:40 »

I'd be surprised if Corbyn is still in charge of Labour by the next election tbh
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:47:56 »

I'd be surprised if Corbyn is still in charge of Labour by the next election tbh

Think it's very difficult to predict the fall out from this referendum.....first we need to get the result.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:48:30 »

If it's close it wouldn't surprise me if we had another general election soon either...
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:53:08 »

Neither decision has much to commend it....very much a case of the least worse option.

Take something, like re-nationalising the railways, a policy which Labour are keen on and surveys say are popular in the country....forbidden by EU rules.

The Tory Brexit brigade would be very keen on other things like TTIP, which reduce the state to the bare minimum. The EU have been secretly negotiating this and no doubt the Tories will sign up to it...just maybe the French won't.

The Labour left argument, is that Brexit would enable a Labour government to avoid these EU bankers rules...problem is first you have to win an election with a Corbynite party and there seems to be insufficient chance of that for a lefty to vote out, however tempted by the Benn argument.

Yet the essentially nationalisation of West Ham Utd didn't attract any State Aid implications, amazing what can go against EU policy when the ruling politicians choose to do so, similarly Gove et al want to sort immigration by leaving the EU despite doing next to nothing to address the issue when in government for the last 6 years!

A lot will depend when the election is, if the Tories get their exit and continue to implode I can see an election this year with a surge in the Labour vote from the centre protesting at the Tories royally fucking the whole country over!

Its not just the French who do not want TTIP, the Germans are not keen also (less than 50% of the electorate want it) depends how much Merkel feel she can rock the boast after the immigration debacle.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:53:58 »

Doesn't answer the question at all.

Why are there thousands in Calais trying to get into the UK.

You can only apply for asylum once you are physically in the country.
By your own logic, then, following a "Leave" vote, these thousands you are so terrified of would no longer be in Calais, but Dover and applying for asylum here instead. Which I'm guessing is the exact opposite of what you want.
Only Me

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 15:55:28 »

Voting out for me

Sent from my SM-G935F
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #81 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:07:51 »

I'm voting In. Nothing the Out campaign has said gives me any confidence that we'd be better off, or more secure, than we are now.

It's All Good..............
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #82 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:09:05 »

By your own logic, then, following a "Leave" vote, these thousands you are so terrified of would no longer be in Calais, but Dover and applying for asylum here instead. Which I'm guessing is the exact opposite of what you want.

I think I read somewhere that the British border controls on French soil in Calais are there because of a bilateral agreement the British and French governments; and not because an EU-led rules.

However, if we did leave, I would imagine that France would be far less inclined to allow us to maintain border controls there.  As you suggest, they would probably wave the migrants across the water, giving us a massive immigration control headache at Dover.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:13:51 »

Quoting the final 2 lines of Jim by Belloc seems to sum up the Remainers

'And always keep a-hold of Nurse
For fear of finding something worse. '
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:20:05 »

For fear of finding something worse. '
ROARRRRRR!!

What a cunt.....

horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #85 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:23:26 »

For fear of finding something worse. '

I think a quote from Horlock07 better sums it up....

Why the fuck would I commit financial suicide and potentially jeopardise the future economic wellbeing of my family just to further the political ambitions of some right wing politicians and those who blindly follow them for whatever reason.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #86 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:25:35 »

I think I read somewhere that the British border controls on French soil in Calais are there because of a bilateral agreement the British and French governments; and not because an EU-led rules.
Yes they are
However, if we did leave, I would imagine that France would be far less inclined to allow us to maintain border controls there.  As you suggest, they would probably wave the migrants across the water, giving us a massive immigration control headache at Dover.
Yes they would
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #87 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:26:11 »

Why the fuck would I commit financial suicide and potentially jeopardise the future economic wellbeing of my family just to further the political ambitions of some right wing politicians and those who blindly follow them for whatever reason.

My reply was better.

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #88 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:27:07 »

That chart is irrelevant though. Doesnt matter where you apply with free movement.

Incorrect. Long term residency is not enough for free movement in Europe. You must become a citizen.

http://openeurope.org.uk/today/blog/eu-migration-crisis-will-refugees-acquire-full-free-movement-rights/
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 16:29:26 »

But you're quite willing to believe Cameron, Osbourne et al in their vision of impending doom.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: