Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 132

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 70560 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:52:12 »

It's funny that the majority of Brexiters who say the EU isn't perfect are probably the first ones to lay into our own government for their own shortcomings.

Irony, much.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:53:00 »

I think some people just like to complain Sam!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:54:34 »

"BUT THEY ARENT ELECTED"

is among the stupidest fucking arguments for leaving. But whatever floats your boat, you're going to lose.

Careful, Audrey will go off in a strop again and come back in a month as 'Nigel Farage's love child' or something.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 08:55:14 »

Well, the one question Cameron needs asking is

If leaving is going to be such an unmitigated disaster, leading to WW3 and an outbreak of boils and swarms of locusts, why did he allow a referendum in the first place?

The same people who wouldn't believe a word he said in a general election are now willing to believe the doomsday scenario he spouts.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:01:27 »

Careful, Audrey will go off in a strop again and come back in a month as 'Nigel Farage's love child' or something.
Not going to strop over fucking Europe. I'm too old for it to make much difference to me.

But the thing will explode some time, that's for sure. It's formenting a right wing backlash already in many countries.

I expect many on here are too young to remember when we were chucked out the ERM amid similar tales of impending doom when we left.

It led to the biggest economic boom in our recent history.

And if the whole EU thing is so fucking great does anybody on here advocate joining the Euro currency

Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:02:46 »

To appease the right wing in the tory party and general growing EU scepticism across the country. It was something he promised and well, he delivered.

Can't help but feel you are slightly exaggerating the claims he made there... We would be in a shit storm if we left, for a time anyway. They weren't Cameron's predictions. The shit about ISIS and WW3 was bollocks though I'll give you that.

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:06:04 »

To appease the right wing in the tory party and general growing EU scepticism across the country. It was something he promised and well, he delivered.

Can't help but feel you are slightly exaggerating the claims he made there... We would be in a shit storm if we left, for a time anyway. They weren't Cameron's predictions. The shit about ISIS and WW3 was bollocks though I'll give you that.
You are probably right when you say 'for a time anyway', but to dismiss the UK as unable to stand on its own 2 feet does piss me off.

I'm a disagreeable old Hector!
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:09:45 »

Not going to strop over fucking Europe. I'm too old for it to make much difference to me.

But the thing will explode some time, that's for sure. It's formenting a right wing backlash already in many countries.

I expect many on here are too young to remember when we were chucked out the ERM amid similar tales of impending doom when we left.

It led to the biggest economic boom in our recent history.

And if the whole EU thing is so fucking great does anybody on here advocate joining the Euro currency

Fair enough Audrey, I was hoping for a bigger bite! Smiley

I think both sides of the argument should be ashamed of their campaigns, little in the way of actual facts and some pretty horrible things said and done by both.

For me, I think its very difficult to actually KNOW what will happen to this country in 10,20,30 years time and I guess that's why the facts aren't as plentiful as they may be.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:21:40 »

Beckham has come out for remain....he wants us to think of the children.  That should do it.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 09:37:46 »

He did suggest that he'd vote to leave if he didn't get what he needed from Europe.  I think it would be fair to argue that he most certainly did not got a fundamental change in legal relationship with the EU that will in anyway shape or form change people's lives in the UK.  The Leave campaign would have done well to focus in on that quite heavily, they haven't.  He should have been held to account over that.

That said, I'm one of the few loons in the country who would have zero issue in giving up the Pound.  It just frustrates me that such a poor debate has been had when we got the opportunity to really understand the benefits and costs of being a member state (because although I wasn't around the first time, it's clear nobody understood the path they were being asked to take back then).
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 10:12:38 »

Beckham has come out for remain....he wants us to think of the children.  That should do it.

As if it bothers that smarmy cunt. If he says in, I'm out for certain!
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 10:51:50 »

The dopey cunt probably thought he was being asked if he wanted England to stay in the euros.

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:22:46 »

Don`t understand why it has become our responsibility to decide I know nothing about the plus points or the minus points - I think it is totally irresponsible of this government to ask us to vote on such a huge decision - I have also read that even if I do vote out the House of Commons can decide not to validate the decision as 70% of MPs don`t want to leave - what the f..k is going on in this country - will ever stop raining / will England ever be a team that you would pay money to watch - I haven`t got a bloody clue....

Because the Conservative government that was elected to deal with policy matters such as this has been split on this issue for decades, to the point that it is incapable of handling the matter.  So all it can do is hand the matter back to the electorate to decide directly.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:32:25 »

I think there are perfectly valid arguments on both sides of the debate.  The choice is binary, but the issues far more complex.  Being asked whether you are 'in' or 'out' is tough.  Being one or the other does not signify that you wholly subscribe to everything on that side of the argument; or that you reject everything the other side is saying.  You have to make a balanced judgement about which set of arguments you find the most persuasive.

I'm 'in', on balance.  But I'll be voting with reservations.  I suppose I'm hoping for a narrow 'in' victory that will send a shot across the bows of both the EU and national governments.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:38:47 »

Might all be irrelevant for me, as I haven't had a voting card yet. Does everyone have theirs?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: