Poll
Question: Which Way Are You Voting
In - 91 (62.8%)
Out - 44 (30.3%)
Shake It All About - 10 (6.9%)
Total Voters: 132

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 41   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: EU Referendum  (Read 70555 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:46:23 »

I had mine several weeks ago.
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 11:54:43 »

Might all be irrelevant for me, as I haven't had a voting card yet. Does everyone have theirs?

Electoral Fraud.

If you were voting to stay, the right wingers have intercepted your ballot paper, requested a postal vote & will be voting out on your behalf.

If however you were voting to leave, the immigrants have stolen your voting card & are going to dress up & impersonate you on voting day & vote in.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 12:02:51 »

Might all be irrelevant for me, as I haven't had a voting card yet. Does everyone have theirs?

got ours about a month ago I think.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 12:13:39 »

Funny how the economy,normally to most people the most important aspect of any vote,seems to be very much of secondary importance this time
« Last Edit: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 12:16:25 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 12:21:46 »

The economy is the main reason I'm voting to stay TBH.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 12:27:24 »

Thats good but my impression is that immigration seems to be the overriding factor for many of the leavers as if the possibility of economic instability are worth enduring as long as we stop the migrants

Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 13:17:05 »

Thats good but my impression is that immigration seems to be the overriding factor for many of the leavers as if the possibility of economic instability are worth enduring as long as we stop the migrants

I think that's exactly right.  'In' wins, in most people's eyes, on the economy.  'Out' wins when it comes to concerns about migration/population policy.  Whether you're 'in' or 'out' depends largely on which of these two you consider to be the most important.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 13:33:02 »

How is the economy going to be hit? Some fairly wealthy countries in Europe that aren't in the EU.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 13:38:26 »

How is the economy going to be hit? Some fairly wealthy countries in Europe that aren't in the EU.

The pound decreased in value when the polls favoured brexit.

It does that on the basis of a poll imagine what's gonna happen if we actually leave. And that's just the start of it.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 13:46:19 »

I'm pro immigration. The reason I've wavered towards leave occasionally is because it seems logical to me that the British government are the best placed to make decisions about Britain. What's good for France, for example, isn't necessarily good for us. But then I don't understand it I suppose.

Why would you vote 'in' just because the "out" crew is full of wankers though? I don't get that. This is something that will have a profound effect on the country, it's not like wanting Rotherham to lose because Evans is a prick.

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 13:55:32 »

I'm also yet to meet a Brexiter who bemoans the lack of sovereignty and power to make our own laws who can actually tell me a specific EU law that has caused them concern or personal detriment.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:06:16 »

I'm pro immigration. The reason I've wavered towards leave occasionally is because it seems logical to me that the British government are the best placed to make decisions about Britain. What's good for France, for example, isn't necessarily good for us. But then I don't understand it I suppose.

Why would you vote 'in' just because the "out" crew is full of wankers though? I don't get that. This is something that will have a profound effect on the country, it's not like wanting Rotherham to lose because Evans is a prick.

On the flip side, decisions taken within the UK impact the regions of the UK in very different ways, many to the detriment of Northern regions or far West.  You can keep breaking down further and further.

I worry that we may well vote to Remain, and then spend many years complaining again because it wasn't what we thought it was supposed to be.

The EU is headed in one direction, the direction it has always been set on - Political, Social and Economic Cohesion.  That means you have to move to single policy territory, that you have to protect the right of people to move to anywhere within the trading block, that each region has to have the some social policies to ensure fairness and so on.  This aim is designed to avoid National interests sparking unrest and eventually war - the inevitable outcome based on our history of leaving countries to their own devices for too long.  The EU therefore has to become a "State" in its own right with each Country becoming essentially a region.

With that come the benefits of stability, over time of the leveling of regional in-balances, in greater economic growth overall of more social and environmental responsibility etc.

The price is waving goodbye to the recent historical construct of countries as they exist today.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:39:54 »

The price is waving goodbye to the recent historical construct of countries as they exist today.

I think that in the long run, countries cannot continue to exist (or, at least, will become a lot less important) anyway.  The rise of multi-national corporations and inter-national alliances have already started this.  In 200 or 300 years from now, I would be very surprised if smaller countries continued to exist in anything other than a ceremonial capacity.

Of course, all this is just supposition.  But in an increasingly connected world, the EU and alliances like at are probably the direction that we're heading in...like it or not.  The more I think about it, the more the Brexit stance feels a little like King Canute trying to turn back the waves.  I felt much the same way 2 yrs ago during the Scottish Independence campaign.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:41:42 »

If the countries within the EU are, supposedly, 'equal' when it comes to how it treats migrants, economic or otherwise, why are so many clammering to get into the UK instead of staying put in France, for example.

Could it be because the UK is continuing to create jobs via a growing economy as opposed to, say, France where the unemployment rate is double the UKs and the entire EU, apart from the UK, is stagnating.

40% youth unemployment in Greece means the EU has washed its hands of an entire generation in order to impose financial austerity orchestrated by Germany.

The EU is destined to break apart and fail and my view is that a controlled UK exit now will be preferable.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2016, 14:57:57 »

Im veering towards remain for the fact that i hate to think what this govt is capable of without the constraints europe places upon them.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 41   Go Up
Print
Jump to: