Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34940 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 15:36:43 »

Highlights up.

1 It was BOO with the initial foul, not Turnbull.

2 It wasn't a penalty.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 15:49:28 »

You can understand why the ref gave it though. We'd have wanted the offender burnt at the stake if the other way around

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 16:03:53 »

Yep. Turnbull was naive to stand his ground and offer a leg to fall over. It was all Sharp was looking for. The way he kicked the ball, he'd given up on a chance on goal. BOO nearly spoiled it for him by fouling too early. Bloody kids eh?
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 16:05:54 by Red Frog » Logged

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 17:42:37 »

Bully Sharp needs some boots with studs in so he doesn't fall over all the time, but it wasn't him that fell over for the pen

Shame the highlights didn't show Branco's header back to Obika that I thought he was going to score with but just didn't get in the end of, wasn't sure how close he was to it
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 18:06:35 »

[quote
Shame the highlights didn't show Branco's header back to Obika that I thought he was going to score with but just didn't get in the end of, wasn't sure how close he was to it
[/quote]

Or Nathen's slice at the back post, reckon he could have taken a touch he had that much space
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 19:45:09 »

Both in the official highlights, the one to Nath came at him very fast and took a deflection. Reckon he'd have done better with that one if he was match fit.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 20:00:23 »

I don't know how anyone can say that wasn't a penalty. Come on, really?
Flashheart

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 20:05:42 »

I can say it wasn't a penalty. You can actually freeze-frame the point where the contact was made, and the contact was made outside the box.

Can't be too harsh on the REF though, he doesn't have the advantage of being able to play it back.
Flashheart

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 20:14:56 »

On closer inspection. I think it's 50/50.

Don't know why anybody would be incredulous at the suggestion it was not though.
Flashheart

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 20:23:30 »

The initial foul was clearly by BOO, BOO pushed him. Play should have been called back for that........ except maybe the ref 'played on'. Considering they had the advantage that would have been the right thing to do.

The next contact I can see after that was with feet literally ON the line.

Don't we have a resident Ref here somewhere?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 23:29:18 »

I refer the dishonourable members to my freeze-frame above, which clearly shows the striker falling before he got into the box.

Not that it matters. Our boys screwed up; it was easy to see how it could be given.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 24, 2016, 23:33:54 »

Watched it 10 times, all 10 I've thought it was a penalty. More so than Ajose, but I've seen those given 8/10 times as well.
Talk Talk

« Reply #192 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 00:00:27 »

Watched it 10 times, all 10 I've thought it was a penalty. More so than Ajose, but I've seen those given 8/10 times as well.

Ten out of ten Suttons thought it was a penalty. You really should start your own TV comedy show
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #193 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 08:01:46 »

I refer the dishonourable members to my freeze-frame above, which clearly shows the striker falling before he got into the box.

Not that it matters. Our boys screwed up; it was easy to see how it could be given.

Your freeze frame isn't working. I checked the URL, seems you have hosted the picture in a secure location. You'll have to use an image sharing site or change the permissions for us to see it.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 08:10:51 »

Ah right. Didn't realise cos I could see it fine. Here is the evidence for the "defence", m'lud. Striker fell before he got to the box:

As we said, it's not as if there was a blatant miscarriage of justice though.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: