Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34439 times)
Panda Paws

« Reply #225 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 10:12:03 »

Atmosphere away has been really decent all season, even during the shit run we had it was much better than the CG

Apart from Rochdale in the cup. That was bad. Really really bad.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #226 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 10:21:37 »

Generally the away atmosphere is better. I dont go to that many aways because of work, although I yypically manage 10 or so in an average season - the only iffy one recently that I went to (and remember) being Colchester last season. Typically the moaning brigade don't come out on away days but for that I was sat behind some cunt who griped the whole match through.

We do have good fans amongst all the dross and when they are concentrated into a small area we can make a hell of a racket.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #227 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 10:36:23 »

Generally the away atmosphere is better. I dont go to that many aways because of work, although I yypically manage 10 or so in an average season - the only iffy one recently that I went to (and remember) being Colchester last season. Typically the moaning brigade don't come out on away days but for that I was sat behind some cunt who griped the whole match through.

We do have good fans amongst all the dross and when they are concentrated into a small area we can make a hell of a racket.

I don't know about that, just less of them, but because there are less fans anyway they seem to be noisier.

You've always had moaners, often they don't realise they're doing it, it's a kind of psychological release from their lives, but generally the travelling support does try and make a bit of effort.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 11:47:23 »

you are all in it together away from home. siege mentality to a point, especially when faced with 18k partisan home fans.
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 16:30:43 »

Apart from Rochdale in the cup. That was bad. Really really bad.
I'd managed to erase that from my memory, that was pretty bad I must admit.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 20:16:16 »

Quite a few matches in Div 3 tonight....including Barnsley at Bradford, 1-0 to Tykes so far, hopefully they'll get some injuries or a red card or 2.

More encouragingly Oldham one up at Shrewsbury.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 21:45:49 »

So, Barnsley have won 5 in row, and go above us.  Johnson knows what to do against us  Hmmm

Shrewsbury back to losing, which is handy, Fleetwood's game was postponed so no damage done as Blackpool only got a point.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 21:51:00 by Reg Smeeton » Logged
leftside

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 22:00:55 »

So, Barnsley have won 5 in row, and go above us.  Johnson knows what to do against us  Hmmm

Shrewsbury back to losing, which is handy, Fleetwood's game was postponed so no damage done as Blackpool only got a point.
Two form teams (on paper) to clash on Saturday then. Hopefully Winnall will have been snapped up or tonight's booking is significant (straw clutching).

The great thing at the moment is that there are several teams above us that are within three points. Despite dropping down, there are still five teams between us and the relegation zone, with three of them having played a game more.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 22:07:48 »

Two form teams (on paper) to clash on Saturday then. Hopefully Winnall will have been snapped up or tonight's booking is significant (straw clutching).

The great thing at the moment is that there are several teams above us that are within three points. Despite dropping down, there are still five teams between us and the relegation zone, with three of them having played a game more.

Yep we've got a bit of breathing space, and our fate is in our hands. We've  got to play 7 games v teams currently below us,  that's 3 at the CG and 4 away, need to make sure we do better v the likes of Oldham ColU Blackpool and Fleetwood than we did earlier in the season.
Super Hans

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 01:00:24 »

Mawson went off injured tonight so hopefully that potential kick in the teeth has been eradicated.

Tough game Saturday, they're flying and we've picked up. No stupid mistakes at the back this weekend please boys and as always we stand a chance with our attacking threat.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 10:45:04 »

Mawson went off injured tonight so hopefully that potential kick in the teeth has been eradicated.

Tough game Saturday, they're flying and we've picked up. No stupid mistakes at the back this weekend please boys and as always we stand a chance with our attacking threat.

Barnsley have had a funny old season, a steady start, stuffed us in mid September and backed it up by beating Gills, then lost 8 in row in the league, with added cup defeat to Altrincham lobbed in for extras.

They have now won 6 in 7, including the 5 in a row, the only defeat v Wigan. No idea why this has happened, maybe a lot of young players?
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 17:31:24 »

Maybe it's time we kept a clean sheet at home.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 19:11:59 »

Maybe it's time we kept a clean sheet at home.

Madness...you need to go back 80 years to 35/36, to find a comparable season, then we finally managed a home clean sheet v Luton on March 21st.....rather like London buses we then had 2 in the next three.

That season we finished 4th bottom, fortunately being Div 3 South, only 21st and 22nd applied for re-election.
Not that Nice If I'm Honest

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 19:24:17 »

Madness...you need to go back 80 years to 35/36, to find a comparable season, then we finally managed a home clean sheet v Luton on March 21st.....rather like London buses we then had 2 in the next three.

That season we finished 4th bottom, fortunately being Div 3 South, only 21st and 22nd applied for re-election.

What stand were you in for the Luton game ?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Wednesday, January 27, 2016, 19:31:45 »

What stand were you in for the Luton game ?

Hotel End...rubbish if it rained, the roof was 2 years away.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: