Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34508 times)
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #195 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 08:38:56 »

Pen for me.

They bought it off an old Wiley fox.

Knock it long, wait for the sandwich.

Clems Army!
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 09:38:34 »

It was a penalty, but goes back to a conversion on here a few weeks ago.

Play the ball (doesn't matter where it goes) run into a gap between two defenders which isn't there (and the defenders have nowhere to go) and fall over theatrically - penalty!

Who would be a defender these days?
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 10:02:56 »

True.

(But literally speaking, it wasn't a penalty.)

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 11:15:09 »

You win some, you lose some re. the penalty. The best bit was suddenly everyone turning on Turnbull on twitter!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 12:58:02 »

I don't make it to many away games these days, but was pleased that based on Saturday the moaning & booing at home games doesn't appear to have infected our away support, at least not at games that are a bit more of a trek
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #200 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:15:12 »

"People say that you shouldn't boo the players because it doesn't help them, but it bloody worked today. I think the fans should boo more often"

Iffy's Onion Bhaji - 16th January 2016

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:18:18 »

If BOO starts doing so well that people start chanting his name, Reeeeeeves-style, it's all going to get very confusing.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #202 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 13:50:46 »

You win some, you lose some re. the penalty. The best bit was suddenly everyone turning on Turnbull on twitter!
Agree re Turnbull trolls.

Sheff Utd player blatantly runs into Turnbull: Free kick STFC but beforehand Boo fouls, so pen or free kick Blades (no freeze frame option for ref)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:03:07 »

I'd have thrown my shoe at him

Honestly, anyone who does anything other than watch football at a football match causes me an indefinite amount of (largely illogical) rage. It's not like tickets are cheap. Get your money's worth!

Yes but we all have our own definition of "money's worth".

For me it's an excellent chance to catch up with my work emails whilst keeping one eye on the game.  That way I see the key bits of the game, avoid the dross, whilst getting a head-start on work for Monday morning.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:19:23 »

For me it's an excellent chance to catch up with my work emails whilst keeping one eye on the game.  That way I see the key bits of the game, avoid the dross, whilst getting a head-start on work for Monday morning.

Definition of sad.

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #205 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 14:30:38 »

I'd have thrown my shoe at him

Honestly, anyone who does anything other than watch football at a football match causes me an indefinite amount of (largely illogical) rage. It's not like tickets are cheap. Get your money's worth!

I saw a couple of women have a scrap once, when the door staff restrained one whilst the other made her escape, the restrained one took off her shoes and threw them at the escapee (out of the pub entrance).  Smiley Class.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 15:48:19 »

For those that wondered, the guy who headbutted the terrace celebrating the equaliser was released from hosptital at 5am yesterday morning! Got the first train back to London and is still sobering up today judging by the emails Wink
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 16:40:24 »

For me it's an excellent chance to catch up with my work emails whilst keeping one eye on the game.  That way I see the key bits of the game, avoid the dross, whilst getting a head-start on work for Monday morning.

I think you've posted this on the wrong forum - 'head-start on work for Monday morning' Are you for real? I bet you wear slip on shoes don't you?

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 16:46:27 »

I saw a couple of women have a scrap once, when the door staff restrained one whilst the other made her escape, the restrained one took off her shoes and threw them at the escapee (out of the pub entrance).  Smiley Class.

She started it.

.. I mean how awful!

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 16:47:06 »

I think you've posted this on the wrong forum - 'head-start on work for Monday morning' Are you for real? I bet you wear slip on shoes don't you?

What the hell is a Monday morning?

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: