Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Sheffield United v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 34510 times)
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 17:27:12 »

I think you've posted this on the wrong forum - 'head-start on work for Monday morning' Are you for real? I bet you wear slip on shoes don't you?
No I'm not for real.  It was a joke.
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 17:50:42 »

Grin but you're still side stepping the footwear issue...where do you " stand " on slip ons?
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:13:38 »

I go for calf-coloured ones so they blend nicely with my lederhosen
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:40:23 »

For those that wondered, the guy who headbutted the terrace celebrating the equaliser was released from hosptital at 5am yesterday morning! Got the first train back to London and is still sobering up today judging by the emails Wink

Good news! I never saw him fall but he looked quite bad.  Tbf it was always going to happen, not sure he'll remember a great deal
SleafordRobin

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 18:45:39 »

I don't make it to many away games these days, but was pleased that based on Saturday the moaning & booing at home games doesn't appear to have infected our away support, at least not at games that are a bit more of a trek

Living up north, I get to more away than home this season & there is rarely any booing or moaning.  Atmosphere created away has been pretty good.  Went in the Town end for a couple of games before Christmas & found the whole ground subdued, with the exception of the booing.   
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 19:33:01 »

Well, he can certainly remember chatting to a stripper before he got the train home! He'll live.
Ells

I am 32 now

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 20:35:54 »

Living up north, I get to more away than home this season & there is rarely any booing or moaning.  Atmosphere created away has been pretty good.  Went in the Town end for a couple of games before Christmas & found the whole ground subdued, with the exception of the booing.   

I wish I could go to more away games. But every home is an away game to me and I just can't afford it. Fucking Northern league 1.

I'm glad that guy is doing OK though. Always positive when an injury becomes an anecdote Smiley

If Don Rogers were alive today, he'd be turning in his grave
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 21:40:46 »

I go for calf-coloured ones so they blend nicely with my lederhosen

Haha! Smiley

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:35:29 »

For those that wondered, the guy who headbutted the terrace celebrating the equaliser was released from hosptital at 5am yesterday morning! Got the first train back to London and is still sobering up today judging by the emails Wink

Tell him he owes me a fiver for that 4-1 bet. He doesn't but he'll never remember. :-)

Seriously though, great news he's ok. Suspect he's still moaning about having to pay another train fare home.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:39:10 »

Tell him he owes me a fiver for that 4-1 bet. He doesn't but he'll never remember. :-)

Seriously though, great news he's ok. Suspect he's still moaning about having to pay another train fare home.

Yes
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 22:44:04 »

Yes

I take no responsibility. I led the horse to the water but I didn't make it drink. :-)
JoeMezz

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Monday, January 25, 2016, 23:11:11 »

Think our support has dramatically improved over last year or so. Not in terms of numbers but in terms of noise/chanting etc
FormerlyPlymRed

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 00:29:13 »

I wish I could go to more away games. But every home is an away game to me and I just can't afford it. Fucking Northern league 1.

I'm glad that guy is doing OK though. Always positive when an injury becomes an anecdote Smiley
Get yourself car sharing, works a dream!

Atmosphere away has been really decent all season, even during the shit run we had it was much better than the CG
WestYorksRed

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 07:41:49 »

Get yourself car sharing, works a dream!

Atmosphere away has been really decent all season, even during the shit run we had it was much better than the CG

I'd agree with that, pretty much no negativity on Saturday in the away end, really got behind the team. From what I saw on the road of the shit run, ok there was a bit of cooper out etc, but then if 700 people travel 100s of miles each, it's understandable. It was mainly gallows humour anyway (the bloke at Blackpool pretending to warm up as a sub infront of the away end, at Millwall singing we're going to win the league). Wigan in October, first game where there were signs of recovery but we were still 2nd from bottom, fantastic atmosphere. Hope for the best, expect the worst, so anything other than nothing is a bonus seems to be the attitude. Hence the mental celebrations on Saturday for the equaliser (not least the bloke who managed hospitalised himself....). When it works, there's nothing better than watching us away.
Pax Romana

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2016, 09:07:34 »

When it works, there's nothing better than watching us away.

This.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17   Go Up
Print
Jump to: