Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 880   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Let's Get Political!  (Read 1995969 times)
Sir red ken

« Reply #3555 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 10:43:21 »

Well, the same could be said for a General Election. Manifestos are rarely adhered to.

Is it ideal that being intertwined so tightly with EU rules and regs is causing political and possible economic problems -no, of course not.

Is the alternative of remaining in a failing EU better - definitely not.

It’s a bit like being on a ship and asking for a lifeboat before hitting an iceberg.
That's perfectly put Audrey  but those nanny state, stockholm syndrome,spoon feed me everthing types, can't see that.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3556 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 10:52:37 »

That's perfectly put Audrey  but those nanny state, stockholm syndrome,spoon feed me everthing types, can't see that.

Maybe people can see it but it's your insistence on being an obnoxious cunt in every post that leads to more people disagreeing with you.
Sir red ken

« Reply #3557 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 10:56:48 »

Maybe people can see it but it's your insistence on being an obnoxious cunt in every post that leads to more people disagreeing with you.
Better an obnoxious cunt telling you the truth than so sleazy twat telling you what to think.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3558 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 11:31:21 »

Better an obnoxious cunt telling you the truth than so sleazy twat telling you what to think.
Like these sleazy twats?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44446632

TLDR: Leave EU openly admitting to parliamentary hearing that their campaign was basically lies. Along with cheating on campaign spending. Oh, and Arron Banks and his Trump-style Russian connection.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3559 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 11:33:21 »

You are so cute when you get angrier. Bum me
Sir red ken

« Reply #3560 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 11:47:26 »

You are so cute when you get angrier. Bum me
I'd like to thank you for calling me an obnoxious cunt. That's the nicest thing anyones ever said about me on this site.
I'll deciline the Bum fun, I have an aversion to Peanuts and fudge.
horlock07

Lives in Northern Bastard Outpost

Ignore
« Reply #3561 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:05:12 »

The EU is responsible for the rise of the far right across Europe - good old UK excepted.

Strange that Leavers have been branded racist yet Remainers want to continue to cosy up to those lurching to the right.

Get out now before the whole shebang goes tits up. Short, economic pain is a price worth paying.
People keep wittering on that Brexit must happen or the far right will be further emboldened. They were emboldened the moment the stupid referendum was voted for, leading one of their number to kill an MP in cold blood. The far right have owned the UK these past 2 years. The argument doesn't wash any more, you are merely actively and enthusiastically facilitating what you claim to be against.

BTW rumour has it that Steve Bannon is presently planning to set up some manner of Brussels based operation with the deliberate objective of emboldening the integration of the far right in Europe, and guess who he is in direct communication with regarding this, leading Brexiteers Johnson and Rees-Mogg, so you really think the UK is outside this conspiracy, or merely you are (hopefully unintentionally) one of the foot soldiers delivering this for your successors to deal with?
« Last Edit: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:04:36 by horlock07 » Logged
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3562 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:32:24 »

BTW rumour has it that Steve Bannon is presently planning to set up some manner of Brussels based operation with the deliberate objective of emboldening the integration of the far right in Europe, and guess who he is in direct communication with regarding this, leading Brexiteers Johnson and Rees-Mogg
That started way back with the direct links between the "Brexit Bad Boys" (Farage, Banks), Breitbart UK and Bannon and the Trump campaign team, linked up with all the dark money behind C Analytica, and all their mutual Russian links. All that's new really is Bannon surfacing it.
so you really think the UK is outside this conspiracy, or merely you are (hopefully) one of the foot soldiers delivering this for your successors to deal with?
Erm, you're not accusing Audrey of being some kind of far-right shill are you? Bit harsh?
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3563 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:39:39 »

I’m not on about the far right in the UK. Forget the referendum, the far right is on the rise in Germany, France, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia. That’s not because of our referendum.
Shrivvy Road

« Reply #3564 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:54:38 »

Very true
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3565 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 14:54:55 »

I’m not on about the far right in the UK. Forget the referendum, the far right is on the rise in Germany, France, Netherlands, Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Slovenia. That’s not because of our referendum.
No, it's not. It is part of a general surge in the Far Right across Europe. Our far right is also rising on the back of that, albeit not (yet) to the same extent. They were also emboldened by, and made new alliances during, the referendum campaign. The links between the "electorally respectable" extreme ends of Brexit and the far right have continued since then and they are linking with those rising far right trends across Europe. There's no room for complacency.

(You missed out the US and Turkey btw and of course Russia which has bankrolled much of it)
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3566 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:04:02 »

Erm, you're not accusing Audrey of being some kind of far-right shill are you? Bit harsh?

Not necessarily intentionally (there should have been an unintentionally after the hopefully), however the argument is being used by a hell of a lot of people who are very keen to try and play ignorant of what is really going on.
The Artist Formerly Known as Audrey

?Absolute Calamity!?

Ignore
« Reply #3567 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:18:20 »

So, my original point on this matter - that the EU is in large part responsible for the rise of the right - you agree with.

There can be no doubt that this happening. If not the EU what else is it down to?
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #3568 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:34:35 »

So, my original point on this matter - that the EU is in large part responsible for the rise of the right - you agree with.

There can be no doubt that this happening. If not the EU what else is it down to?
I do and I don't personally. I think there is a broader disconnect between the populace at large and the political elite that the far right (and to a lesser extent populists on the left) are capitalising on to mount a broad assault on Western liberal democracy, aided by the usual external actors. Dissatisfaction with the EU is part of that, but it's not the whole story. It has played no part in the rise of the far right in the US, the strongman authoritarian regime of Erdogan in Turkey, or the various extreme nationalist movements in Ukraine to give just a few examples.
« Last Edit: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:36:19 by pauld » Logged
horlock07

Ignore
« Reply #3569 on: Friday, July 27, 2018, 15:48:30 »

Not really, the rise of the right seems to be a fairly cyclical process, I recall for instance things were equally unpleasant in the early 90's, thankfully at that stage they didn't have a national cause supported by high profile politicians and a major party to tie their flag to.
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 237 [238] 239 240 241 ... 880   Go Up
Print
Jump to: