Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aussie Construction Company  (Read 26279 times)
Saxondale

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 08:31:17 »

http://www.swindonlinksport.com/2014/12/17/power-discusses-meeting-with-large-construction-company-in-australia/

Seems it wasnt just a holiday.  I do feel I have to pull Sam up on the use of 'tarting up'.  Not the best writing there.

All seems quite positive though. 

Never knowingly overstated.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 08:35:12 »

Duly noted. And changed. Story was put together quite late yesterday after a long day and obviously my brain couldn't come up with a more suitable phrase.
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 08:35:36 »

Love you really.

Never knowingly overstated.
Sam Morshead

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 08:37:28 »

Love you really.
Girl Giggle
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 08:48:45 »

It's Kingswood

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:35:57 »

Getting a six-figure fee in January for effectively nothing (kind of a sweetener on any future plans) sounds like this company are very keen to do something with us.

Dare I say this sounds very positive - no more Imagine Cruising on our shirts would appeal to me!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:36:38 »

Doubt it will happen once Luongo is sold in January Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:38:05 »

St Modwen Mark 2?

Very much don't like the look of this last line....

“It’s an old stadium, it’s a tired stadium, there are discussions that need to be had regarding the dilapidations because they would run into the millions of pounds to get the stadium up to where it needs to be.

....no doubt SBC's response, will be to close down the Bank and possibly the TE.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:44:28 »

Its not really anything we don't know though (Powers quote not Sam's article). The Bank and Town End won't go on forever but I can't see the Council shutting them down anytime soon. They've been "battered" for as long as I can remember.

It's nice to see that LP is at least listening to what they have to say. Previously, he's refused any speculation re. The ground I think.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:51:59 by Paolo69 » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:55:05 »

Its not really anything we don't know though. The Bank and Town End won't go on forever but I can't see the Council shutting them down anytime soon. They've been "battered" for as long as I can remember.

It's nice to see that LP is at least listening to what they have to say. Previously, he's refused any speculation re. The ground I think.

You're far too trusting of SBC.....of course their bumbling incompetence in some ways helps us out, but Power's interest in the ground, has probably been activated by the conundrum of a possible Championship side playing in a 2 sided arena....and not in a Sporting Braga sort of way.
DMR

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 09:59:39 »

I wonder who the firm in question is? I reckon Leightons.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 10:00:52 »

I'm sure you're correct to an extent re. Powers motives. It's not about any element of trust though, I'm not sure on what grounds they could shut the Townend?! The Bank maybe different but then it probably just needs some money spent on the bogs. As long as they're "safe" then I can't see how the council can close them.
Flashheart

« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 10:01:24 »

Interesting that they approached us. I wonder what's in it for them, it's not as though we can pay them.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 10:04:49 »

Interesting that they approached us. I wonder what's in it for them, it's not as though we can pay them.

It's the first thing I thought too. Perhaps some naming rights going there way to?

I liked Power's words about the fact the CG is falling apart. It's not about a shiny, aesthetically pleasing stadium oh with some extra businesses thrown in. It's now about redeveloping as a matter of necessity.
JayBox325

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, December 17, 2014, 10:07:42 »

Maybe it's naming rights or it could be a first move in trying to start a long-lasting relationship? Maybe they've been looking for an 'in' into the Stadium construction industry and this is theirs? I have no idea about the construction industry and this happens but I'm looking at it from a web developers POV Tongue. That's what we do early on.

Swindon Town Displays. Can you help out?
http://www.gofundme.com/STFCDisplays
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: