Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112136 times)
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:26:26 »

I appear to have missed whatever has happened with Mr. Power to engender hatred towards him from a large amount of the fans. Can someone elaborate for me please?
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:34:02 »

I appear to have missed the hatred itself.  Is this a twitter thing?  Any examples to hand?

I'm still not 100% sure about him, to tell the truth.  Not that I have any reason to doubt what he has achieved on the football side so far.  It's just that he has chosen to stay in the shadows.  Maybe he just prefers it that way; or maybe there is something out there that he wants to hide.

Problem is, Swindon fans have an ingrained dislike for lack of openness/transparency that took root during the Diamandis era.  We like to be able to make informed decisions based upon info provided freely (where possible) by those running the show.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:34:57 »

Maybe Lee will log on and open up.  Everyone else has lately.
Flashheart

« Reply #3 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:56:33 »

I've noticed the recent surge hatred, but can offer no help in explaining it. Asides from blaming it on twitter that is.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:56:41 »

I appear to have missed the hatred itself.  Is this a twitter thing?  Any examples to hand?

Chris Dalton ‏@ChrisDGuitarist 16 Nov

#POWEROUT this man should be nowhere near our football club! STFC family needs to unite behind Jed to remove him #fanpower

Luke Hodgson ‏@Snr_luke_2k13 22h

@BBCWiltshire come on town, need three points today. Can see a win away at last hopefully...btw #powerout
from Swindon, Swindon

Luke Hodgson ‏@Snr_luke_2k13 21h

@BBCWiltshire why didn't u read my hashtag. Most important part of the tweet! #powerout and u missed it (a bit like everyone else is doing)

I don't really follow twitter all that much anymore, but those were the first that popped up when I searched for #powerout.

Basically people look like they're annoyed with him being involved with the club but only being in the country x days a year, and that he secretly owns it, and that he fell out with Ranger and that's why he's gone awol etc. etc.

I'd just like someone to explain why a) they believe these things to be true, b) why they waited so long to call for his head, and c) why calls for power out have suddenly snowballed over the weekend. I don't disagree, simply don't know!
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:57:56 »

Twitter went mad for some reason re Power yesterday

stfcredarmy ‏@davidshaun66 16 Nov
#powerout

emma stfc goodall ‏@emmag892 16 Nov
@KimYoun40033730 @ajferguson85 @laurenstfc @STFC_Laura we will be if lee doesn't go! Look at his previous!Need him gone before it's to late

Andy STFC Potter ‏@reefer77 16 Nov
@JedMcCoy if yor worried (like we are) about someone on a "power"trip then get rid.... The fans are behind u n the club

Ollie Tanswell ‏@ollietanswell 23h
Lee Power can fuck the fuck off

emma stfc goodall ‏@emmag892 22h
Seeing power and cooper together has made me so cross!!! A) power is a twat!! B) power is a twat!! C) yeah you get my point!

Chris Dalton ‏@ChrisDGuitarist 16 Nov
#POWEROUT this man should be nowhere near our football club! STFC family needs to unite behind Jed to remove him #fanpower

I have no idea what that was all about  Hmmm
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 12:59:27 »

emma stfc goodall ‏@emmag892 22h
Seeing power and cooper together has made me so cross!!! A) power is a twat!! B) power is a twat!! C) yeah you get my point!

Ah, I see she's answered my questions...
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:10:43 »

I'm still not 100% sure about him, to tell the truth. 

So what I saw on twitter was accusations of some kind of past business link to Diamandis. I originally thought something factual must have come out the woodwork, but it seems nobody has anything of the sort??

I can understand and kind of agree with being wary of Power, partly because from the outside it looks like he is controlling the club (whether that's correct or not) and partly because once bitten twice as shy.

If a link had appeared with Diamandis I think we'd all have worried!
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:29:34 »

Obviously caution is the watchword here, but unless any facts/evidence come to light I can't see why we should jeopardise what has, so far, been a good thing for the club. We wouldn't have the team we do without him, and he's obviously an investor. We're 6th in the table, in the semis of the JPT, and in much better shape than I thought we would or could be 6 months ago. Doing business with Diamond Mike in the past (if that is true) doesn't necessarily mean he's letting him in through the back door now so to speak.

Look, if it turns out he's secretly been selling off fan's organs for dogmeat then I will hold my hands up, but attempting to crucify him for whatever reason with no real evidence is just likely to drive him away. Didn't Murrall say in the other thread we're not quite self-sustaining yet? Driving away an investor for whatever political or personal reasons a certain group have just seems ridiculous when there is little reason yet to be worried about him. I can understand the worries about him being a 'silent backer', but really, for Power to be out, he'd have to be in first...
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:35:42 »

but really, for Power to be out, he'd have to be in first...

But is he in ??
Must be in in some form or other to be bringing in someone new esp one Jed knew nothing about.Something just a mere backer wouldnt have the privilege to do

And for someone not in he seemed to be having plenty to say to Cooper before yesterdays game.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:36:03 »

Don't think anyone will disagree with that Honkytonk.

A link with Diamandis would be concerning to me though.

But regardless I still think its  understandable to be wary of some shadowy figure in the background calling the shots. Even if it turns out to be positive.

Not sure this explains a #powerout-athon on twitter.
Honkytonk

Whoo Whoo!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:39:18 »

But is he in ??
Must be in in some form or other to be bringing in someone new esp one Jed knew nothing about.Something just a mere backer wouldnt have the privilege to do

And for someone not in he seemed to be having plenty to say to Cooper before yesterdays game.

I think this is where most of the conjecture is coming from- it's like the bloody hokey cokey as far as his involvement is concerned.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:46:39 »

I imagine people are still sore about his companies putting up their prices well ahead of inflation again.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 13:47:20 »

Well, otanswell seems clued up enough on the hate to join in and say Power can fuck the fuck off. So he can elaborate then can't he?

Unless he's bandwagoning and full of shit?
Barry Scott

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:00:35 »

The only thing I know about this, or remember, was how when Jed et al took over, a load on here were getting their knickers in a proper twist over everything and kept going on about how Power is trouble and that him and the board will be picking the team and Cooper is the perfect puppet. Or something similarly sensational.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: