Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112899 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 08:09:02 »

What did you do Paul?
Not me personally but we all collectively made the Diamandis regime untenable. We didn't succeed in forcing them to sell to our preferred bidders, in the shape of the Fans Consortium, but we did create such a hostile climate that the Wills family accepted (although apparently Diamandis never did) that it was time to sell up. Without that, Diamandis would have been allowed to continue as he was and we wouldn't now have a club to be bemused by
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:10:08 »

I still remember the look on Bob Holt's face when he seen that blimp, priceless Smiley

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:14:36 »

I still remember the look on Bob Holt's face when he seen that blimp
Don't talk about Mex like that .....
derbystfc

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:17:24 »

Don't talk about Mex like that .....

There is no Mex
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:26:10 »

There is no Mex
Smiley
TheDukeOfBanbury

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:35:12 »

Not me personally but we all collectively made the Diamandis regime untenable. We didn't succeed in forcing them to sell to our preferred bidders, in the shape of the Fans Consortium, but we did create such a hostile climate that the Wills family accepted (although apparently Diamandis never did) that it was time to sell up. Without that, Diamandis would have been allowed to continue as he was and we wouldn't now have a club to be bemused by

and as they say the rest is history Wink
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 09:55:15 »

Cre8 can go fuck themselves, it's Hans of Switzerland for me every time

Was that the rather seedy looking "salon" on Vic Hill....I always had it down as providing the services not catered for by San Tropez.
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 10:02:26 »

Was that the rather seedy looking "salon" on Vic Hill....I always had it down as providing the services not catered for by San Tropez.
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 10:52:25 »

I have a bit of a theory on this:

Months ago, when MacDonald walked out, an idiot of a "fan" posted a rant in a few of the comments sections after the story on the G&H and Adver sites that included a bit of hyperbole that said something like "Diamandis has returned to the club in the guise of Lee Power", I think only meaning to suggest that Power was the equivalent "shadowy power behind the throne" type.

Cue several other comments going apeshit about Power having anything to do with Diamond Mike. I thought people had worked out that it was a 2+2=5 thing and moved on, but maybe not.

..never go back.
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:02:40 »

I think it's more because of this.
Lee Power was involved in Dunwoody Sports Marketing, when it was actually Richard Dunwoodys set up rather than Mike Ds

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Power+and+the+glory+is+winner+for+Dunwoody.-a079100096

Given that Dunwoody then merged his company with Mike Ds and lived to regret it...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2902736/Dunwoody-faces-bill-over-name-calling.html

Rather than be tainted by association, I personally suspect that Lee Power, like Dunwoody, and indeed all of us, is now not Mikes Ds biggest fan.

PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:03:07 »

PS Hat tip to HexstaticSTFC for digging out those articles.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:20:29 »

I think it's more because of this.
Lee Power was involved in Dunwoody Sports Marketing, when it was actually Richard Dunwoodys set up rather than Mike Ds

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Football%3A+Power+and+the+glory+is+winner+for+Dunwoody.-a079100096

Given that Dunwoody then merged his company with Mike Ds and lived to regret it...
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/2902736/Dunwoody-faces-bill-over-name-calling.html

Rather than be tainted by association, I personally suspect that Lee Power, like Dunwoody, and indeed all of us, is now not Mikes Ds biggest fan.

Hmmm  this is all getting a bit strange.
dave_bambers_right_sock

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:21:24 »

There is no Mex

Only Zuul   Cheesy
PetsWinPrizes

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 11:29:05 »

Hmmm  this is all getting a bit strange.

Is it though? Power was involved in Sports publishing, as was Dunwoody (I think), not a massive surprise that they'd worked together.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Monday, November 18, 2013, 12:09:58 »

Not hairdressing then? Damnation where does a gent go to get his hair crimped?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: