Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Lee Power  (Read 112869 times)
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:08:12 »

The only thing I know about this, or remember, was how when Jed et al took over, a load on here were getting their knickers in a proper twist over everything and kept going on about how Power is trouble and that him and the board will be picking the team and Cooper is the perfect puppet. Or something similarly sensational.

I think Power was being hyped up as a DoF which is why the claims he would be picking teams arose.
Esp as the spurs players seemed to be coming in on the back of Powers connections.

Of course Fredi muddied the waters by saying Jed didnt own the club but Power did
« Last Edit: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:23:29 by @mwooly63 » Logged
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:22:23 »

So are all these people who are slagging Power off going to stump up the cash t o buy him and the rest of the board out? The phrase 'Put your money where your mouth is' seems apt.

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:29:39 »

Aside from the lack of transparency about his role/position that I alluded to earlier, the only thing that really bothers me in the discussion above is the unsubstantiated rumour about a link to Diamandis.  If that were proven, I would be hunting out my pitchfork and joining forces with the rest of them.  Is there any basis for the rumour at all, or is it just internet talk?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:29:59 »

Well, otanswell seems clued up enough on the hate to join in and say Power can fuck the fuck off. So he can elaborate then can't he?

Unless he's bandwagoning and full of shit?

From the Steve Murrall thread today

Hi Steve

Can you send me Lee Power's number so I can call him a prick please.

Thanks
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:32:31 »

I too am confused why Lee Power is suddenly the spawn of satan.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:39:01 »

Aside from the lack of transparency about his role/position that I alluded to earlier, the only thing that really bothers me in the discussion above is the unsubstantiated rumour about a link to Diamandis.  If that were proven, I would be hunting out my pitchfork and joining forces with the rest of them.  Is there any basis for the rumour at all, or is it just internet talk?

The Supporters Club asked Jed this in May, he didn't know of a link then

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/sport/10406655.print/

doesn't answer your question, but does show the alleged "link" has been discussed for quire some time.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:42:02 »

The only link to Diamandis is, AFAIK, spurious to say the least because both of them have a history of running publishing/printing companies which have gone to the wall.

@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 14:45:03 »

The Supporters Club asked Jed this in May, he didn't know of a link then

To be fair to Jed he knew nothing of Powers latest addition either

Perhaps Jed just doesnt know a lot 
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 15:14:01 »

I too am confused why Lee Power is suddenly the spawn of satan.
I'm guessing its fear of the unknown. Apart from one or two short quotes in the Adver, that's all anyone has heard from him. People therefore assume the worst because that's what turns them on and, as so often happens, they stir each other up into a frenzy of wailing and gnashing of teeth on Twitter and the cyber-lynch mob becomes self perpetuating.

One decent length interview with the Adver or BBC should hopefully knock most of it on the head. Those ass holes on Twitter need to put up or...

pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 15:24:30 »

Power does have quite a chequered past history - aside from the business failures, neither Rushden nor Cambridge fans were terribly enamoured of his time at their clubs. But it's probably better described as "chequered" rather than outright shady AFAIK. And while I share the misgivings about the apparent secrecy surrounding the exact nature of his involvement here, I'm equally baffled about the apparent sudden surge of anger, maybe tans can enlighten us?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:20:51 »

I love the Twitter mongs. Two of them quoted on the previous page spend most of their time on the site arse licking McCrory like the bloke is some sort of God.

If Power is picking the side then he isn't doing too badly really, is he?
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:26:08 »

I've read the thread and have no idea what's going on, and why the sudden angst?
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:29:00 »

I've read the thread and have no idea what's going on, and why the sudden angst?
No one knows - It's just Twitter bollocks AFAIK*

*What does AFAIK actually mean? I thought it was a Swedish football team Huh?
fatbasher

« Reply #28 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:29:57 »

No one knows - It's just Twitter bollocks AFAIK*

*What does AFAIK actually mean? I thought it was a Swedish football team Huh?
as far as I know
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, November 17, 2013, 16:47:36 »

We are in the Top 6 and people need some stuff to moan about as usual.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 52   Go Up
Print
Jump to: