Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45858 times)
König

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:11:32 »

Can anybody tell me whether it was a penalty in the second half when N'Guessan robbed the keeper and the keeper went through the back of him? Did he get the ball?
ibelieveinmrreeves
Should've gone to Specsavers

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:12:48 »

Can anybody tell me whether it was a penalty in the second half when N'Guessan robbed the keeper and the keeper went through the back of him? Did he get the ball?

Radio didn't seem to think so; didn't even mention the prospect.

Even men with steel hearts love to see a dog on the pitch.
sonicyouth

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #242 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:25:57 »

Thanks for the reports all. I was driving all afternoon so only heard the goal updates on 5Live.

Worrying reports about Ward.
retro p

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:39:00 »

Not a game for defenders today, on either side. Ref was inconsistent, especially second half. We looked good going forward, but a little sloppy in defence. Missed the vision of Pritchard and Mason, but got the win so happy and entertained.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 22:54:15 »

fls about to start  Smiley
Gerinthere

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 06:21:04 »

It was right in front of us and he took the ball cleanly. His momentum just flattened N'Guessan. Everyone was a bit heated at that point so we all just shouted for a pen anyway.
AldbourneRed

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 06:46:22 »

It was right in front of us and he took the ball cleanly. His momentum just flattened N'Guessan. Everyone was a bit heated at that point so we all just shouted for a pen anyway.

Agree with this, but if that Thompson challenge was a free kick then the challenge on N'Guessan was also a penalty.
If a ref is going to be shit the least he could do is be consistently shit.
blinkpip
His Infernal Majesty

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 07:22:33 »

Thanks for the reports all. I was driving all afternoon so only heard the goal updates on 5Live.

Worrying reports about Ward.
?  Ward was excellent yesterday, gave nothing away.

ee the trick is only pick on those that can't do you no harm
Like the drummer from Def Leppard's only got one arm

I annoyed Yeovilred 28/01/06
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 07:41:03 »

I didn't think either of the central defenders had a particularly bad game. Although it's great to watch, an all out attacking side will inevitably lead to vulnerability at the back.
Thought Kasim was immense yesterday, only saw him miss place one pass and his skill on the ball is unbelievable.

It's All Good..............
singingiiiffy

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 07:48:34 »

Thought Kasim was immense yesterday, only saw him miss place one pass and his skill on the ball is unbelievable.

He caught tackled by JET for their 2nd goal. I know not many would point that out though. Overall decent game, luongo was AWOL. Front 3 were brilliant and elgrabbas although on for 2 mins looked very fast as well.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:18:50 »

I didn't think either of the central defenders had a particularly bad game. Although it's great to watch, an all out attacking side will inevitably lead to vulnerability at the back.

Exactly...the chairman said at the start of the season we'd be a 4-3 team...well atm we're a 3-2 team, so a little way to go, but personally I'd rather go with an attacking mentality and ship a few, rather than "keep it tight and try and maybe nick a goal" entality.
kerry red

« Reply #251 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 09:34:14 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the lino had his flag up when they scored their first.

Ignored by the ref and he didn't pursue it

After a game like that I don't think it's fair to point the finger at anyone - it was helter-skelter stuff and immensely enjoyable
Frigby Daser

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:02:30 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the lino had his flag up when they scored their first.

After a game like that I don't think it's fair to point the finger at anyone - it was helter-skelter stuff and immensely enjoyable

Fantastic entertainment yesterday. Most has been said, but a few more thoughts:

*N'Guessan was fantastic. I preferred him coming in from the right wing onto his left, but he hit the strike in the first half pretty well with his right. Should Ranger ever be unfit, I suspect he'll fill in well.

*We played far more narrow with that front 3 than if Byrne and/or Pritchard play. At the moment I criticised our lack of width, Ajose waltzes through the middle and was clean through for his hattrick and underhit it! Thinking back, N'Guessan was central for the disallowed goal too. Ranger just sucks the defenders in and if they play narrow, it's like having 2 unmarked strikers buzzing around him. On more than one occasion Ranger played some lovely dummies, and just let the ball run. He was superb too.

*Ajose is a bonus. Interesting comments from Cooper about getting his confidence up after it's taken a bash at Peterborough. If there is more to come from him, he could be a handy little signing. I wonder if they'll want a fee.

*Kasim's first mistake in Town shirt - letting JET go for the 2nd. It was far too easy. Otherwise, they gave Kasim no time on the all, but his pass completion must still be better than anybody's.

*From the first minyte City pressed up higher and harder than any team I have seen this year, but this came at the cost of their shape - leaving gaps aplenty at the back.

*The abuse Flint got, although entirely expected, was pathetic. This is the guy who scored a last minute header for us at Brentford 4 months ago. He, like everyone else on a 'last season wage' was told he could go. Personally, I like players who put everything in for us - and I'll continue to appreciate their contribution during their time with us when they have left. Alan Mc will be cheered when he comes back. Quite right too.

*Why was Ranger marking Flint for the corner? Their biggest threat, and he was given a free header. We didn't even swap so Ward or Hall could mark him afterwards. Very strange and no excuse really.

*I'm enjoying this season far more than I expected to.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:11:05 »

I was hopeful when he stuck that flag up. Unfortunately I think he was just signalling that the ball had crossed the line and subsequently legged it back up towards the halfway line.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:15:53 »

Agree with most of that Frigby but Flint quite rightly received some stick IMO. He was under contract, told he was wanted and stuck in a transfer request in order to instigate a move to our local rivals in the same division. I haven't forgotten the good times but we're football fans. I don't even think Flint would have expected a standing ovation for his actions during the summer.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: