Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45340 times)
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #270 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:39:18 »

There's no need to call him the T word Wink
Oh pooh

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:03:42 »

I thought Thompson looked a bit lightweight yesterday in midfield. Elliot and Pack were in danger of over-running us at times in the second half, and did so for a 10-15 minute period.

That said I do think L. Thompson will be a better player than his brother (difficult to directly compare, I know).

Things get better but they never get good
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:15:30 »

I thought Thompson looked a bit lightweight yesterday in midfield. Elliot and Pack were in danger of over-running us at times in the second half, and did so for a 10-15 minute period.

That said I do think L. Thompson will be a better player than his brother (difficult to directly compare, I know).

Really? Hmmm

Don't see it myself. If he goes on to better his brother we'll have some player on our hands.
godders39

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:22:38 »

Just a great result against the Shitty...living around Corsham area it's fill of shitheads and gasheads so have been dishing it out to them today...
godders39

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:48:57 »

Oh, one more thing. I am not buying into this 'Flint was classy at the end thing'. He is a complete northern twat who knew exactly what he was saying when he left us - which is exactly when he should have showed a little class.
I'm honestly glad he got a lot of shit yesterday.
As one poster said, they have let in 19 goals in 8 games... Considering how much they allegedly paid for him it looks like good money for us by the looks of it.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 17:49:53 »

Oh, one more thing. I am not buying into this 'Flint was classy at the end thing'. He is a complete northern twat who knew exactly what he was saying when he left us - which is exactly when he should have showed a little class.
I'm honestly glad he got a lot of shit yesterday.
As one poster said, they have let in 19 goals in 8 games... Considering how much they allegedly paid for him it looks like good money for us by the looks of it.

Didnt stop him celebrating his goal either
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:23:02 »

Agree. That said I'd still have him in our team over hall who just looks like the weak link to me. I'd rather have had devera or recall troy and play him too.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:27:05 »

Ranger took his goal extremely well, excellent strength and composure
woolster

« Reply #278 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:29:54 »

what was the song shitty were singing about ranger, made I laugh, but I forgot it
kerry red

« Reply #279 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:36:07 »

'She said no'

to the tune of Cwm by yar
woolster

« Reply #280 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:38:38 »

'She said no'

to the tune of Cwm by yar
Yes
kerry red

« Reply #281 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:42:01 »

Got to say, I was disappointed with the Shitty fans yesterday.

I know it's not the best thing to be in an open end but comparing them to the yellow fuckers they didn't exactly generate much noise/passion

As much as you hate Oxford, their fans do stoke up a bit of an atmosphere
woolster

« Reply #282 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 18:44:38 »

agree, I mentioned this in another thread a few months ago, the ones down the a420 do get it going
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:13:05 »

I would suggest Wardy would have struggled to keep up with a player like Emmanuel Thomas when he was 21. He brings a lot of other attributes to the table and is vital to our team this season I think.

Precisely.  You can't expect every key player to do everything.  At this stage in his career, Darren's worth is as a thinker and a lynch pin.  You need a mix of attributes across the side.  And his reading of the game means he can probably get away with being one of the slower players on the pitch anyway.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:44:22 »

YES!!! Goal!!!...RANGER!!!....My bad....I just Switched on BBC Wiltshire, just realised how far behind they are!....

Seriously though, I know it wasn't the Swindon we've known of recent weeks, but the thing is, we weren't likely to play with the same fluidity that we would without the players we had out suspended. Also, it being a derby game, the form and playing style go out the window...it was a gritty, nervy, hard ground out win. I'm somewhat more confident about the season now as we seem to have discovered a 'plan b'.

I think City looked dangerous going forward and Emmanuel-Thomas is a different class, too good for this league, let alone City.

One other thing, the 15 year old on the bench, what a great experience, something that should move him forward as a footballer. The headlock he was in by Ranger was clearly banter to see if the lad would step up from being a scholar/youth into the matchday squad. The boy clearly has something about him to be included, even if it was only on the bench with the view that he would only be 'making up numbers'.

Finally, the thing that seems to be overlooked is that it wasn't until the 94th minute until we made a sub. I thought around the 70th minute we could've done with a change or two. Hey, that's why I'm a fan and not a manager though...we won, that's all that matters.

Onto Chelsea on Tuesday, one that we can all enjoy with no pressure.

Roaming the land while you sleep..
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: