Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45282 times)
godders39

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:51:16 »

YES!!! Goal!!!...RANGER!!!....My bad....I just Switched on BBC Wiltshire, just realised how far behind they are!....

Seriously though, I know it wasn't the Swindon we've known of recent weeks, but the thing is, we weren't likely to play with the same fluidity that we would without the players we had out suspended. Also, it being a derby game, the form and playing style go out the window...it was a gritty, nervy, hard ground out win. I'm somewhat more confident about the season now as we seem to have discovered a 'plan b'.

I think City looked dangerous going forward and Emmanuel-Thomas is a different class, too good for this league, let alone City.

One other thing, the 15 year old on the bench, what a great experience, something that should move him forward as a footballer. The headlock he was in by Ranger was clearly banter to see if the lad would step up from being a scholar/youth into the matchday squad. The boy clearly has something about him to be included, even if it was only on the bench with the view that he would only be 'making up numbers'.

Finally, the thing that seems to be overlooked is that it wasn't until the 94th minute until we made a sub. I thought around the 70th minute we could've done with a change or two. Hey, that's why I'm a fan and not a manager though...we won, that's all that matters.

Onto Chelsea on Tuesday, one that we can all enjoy with no pressure.

Yeah, a few of us mentioned the same thing during the game. Louis looked really tired, the lad got through some work mind.
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #286 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 19:55:47 »

Yeah, a few of us mentioned the same thing during the game. Louis looked really tired, the lad got through some work mind.

Definitely, was disappointed that he got booked for a perfectly good tackle though..

Roaming the land while you sleep..
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #287 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:06:36 »

Goals from youtube - its a bcfc official tho so commentator is biased

corner

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:11:57 »

Goals are also up on sky sports web site.  Beers
Notts red

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:16:31 »

Yes he looked shattered well before the end, The game was played at a frantic pace for a lot of the 1st half and we didn't get as much of the ball as of late so had to work extra hard to get it and keep it. We played more football 2nd half although it was still end to end and at a quick pace. There was plenty of tired legs on both sides and having got through it we will probably be better for it. Still on a high after yesterday and can't wait for our return trip to that place near Wales to do it all again  Smiley
Dozno9

« Reply #290 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:22:50 »

Goals from youtube - its a bcfc official tho so commentator is biased

"25 yard screamer"?! He must think his cock is 3ft long
DarloSTFC84

Twittah.. @DarloJAG84

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:25:19 »

"25 yard screamer"?! He must think his cock is 3ft long

You mean it's not?

Roaming the land while you sleep..
chubbslovesbeer

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:29:58 »

::
You mean it's not?
By that shitty commentator Hmmm
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 20:31:40 by chubbslovesbeer » Logged
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:43:28 »

Should Wes really have been beaten at his near post like that? Can't really see the angle from the DRS.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 21:44:53 »

Should Wes really have been beaten at his near post like that? Can't really see the angle from the DRS.

Probably not from that distance tho Fielding got beat there for the winner
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 22:10:58 »

I suppose if you're being kind to Wes he's probably expecting a clean header back across goal and not a fluffed bundle off the shoulder. That's if you're being really kind. Don't think he had a chance with the JET goal.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #296 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:20:34 »

I don't think I have seen a player with such a jump on him, hes like Tigger.

A wonderful thing is a Ranger;
A Ranger's a wonderful thing.
Their tops are made out of rubber,
their bottoms are made out of spring
They're bouncy, bouncy, bouncy, bouncy,
fun, fun, fun, fun, fun,
The most wonderful thing
about Rangers is:
I'm the only one!

Just seen the goals on Player- Ajose's first was well provided by Nathan (I think). Ball goes out of play and he takes an immediate throw in as opposed to our frequent slow wait for someone to get into a position to recieve it.
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #297 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:39:15 »

I don't think I have seen a player with such a jump on him, hes like Tigger.

He is great from goal kicks and long balls up to him in the air, he seems to judge the flight really quickly then position himself where he can take a running jump, enabling him to get some serious height as you say.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #298 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:46:53 »

He is great from goal kicks and long balls up to him in the air, he seems to judge the flight really quickly then position himself where he can take a running jump, enabling him to get some serious height as you say.
I am surprised by how long he can hang in the air after jumping too, skills that would not be out of place in a basketball player.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #299 on: Tuesday, September 24, 2013, 12:55:27 »

Nike Air Ranger
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20] 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: