Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45374 times)
TheMajorSTFC

Ignore
« Reply #255 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 10:51:05 »

Always great to win a derby game, and an entertaining one too! I think we shaded it on the chances we created, but the display wasn't as good as Wolves...not moaning though, just observing. We missed Mason, and a couple of the players had off days...defence looked shakey but as mentioned City pressed up the pitch quite well. I thought our front 3 of Ranger, N'Guessan and Ajose played really well and we're going to cause teams a lot of problems if they stay fit!

3 points bagged, team confidence overall is growing and we can now look forward to Tuesday night, bring on the Chelsea!

#VivaKenBarlow!
kerry red

« Reply #256 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:01:33 »

As now seems likely, The Chosen One will play Luiz, Mata, Torres et al on Tuesday, there could be the chance that instead of them saying 'I'll try my best to get back in the 1st team', they could equally think 'Fuck this, I aint hauling my arse round Swindon for that egotistical twat'

Straw-clutching, I know but the 3 points yesterday allows us to adopt a 'fuck it' attitude to the game

Hope we score at least
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:40:06 »

?  Ward was excellent yesterday, gave nothing away.
I didn't think either of the central defenders had a particularly bad game.

So are his legs going or not? I thought he looked good at Wolves last weekend so was surprised to read a few comments here and elsewhere that he looked poor, off the pace and that his legs were going.

If incorrect then I retract my statement!
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:44:22 »

Surprised nobody has mentioned the fact that the lino had his flag up when they scored their first.

Ignored by the ref and he didn't pursue it

After a game like that I don't think it's fair to point the finger at anyone - it was helter-skelter stuff and immensely enjoyable

I think the flag was raised because Thompson handled it as it went over the line... Thankfully the goal stood and Thompson wasn't sent off....
Bert Heads head

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:49:05 »

As now seems likely, The Chosen One will play Luiz, Mata, Torres et al on Tuesday, there could be the chance that instead of them saying 'I'll try my best to get back in the 1st team', they could equally think 'Fuck this, I aint hauling my arse round Swindon for that egotistical twat'

Hopefully the Spanish connection will make the same mistake as Real Madrid did a few years ago playing in the cup against Toledo (Div IV then) when they played out a narrow defeat thinking they could make up the deficit in the second leg. There was no second leg, matches being at the one-game KO stage.

I can dream, can't I?

COYR
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 11:57:37 »

Darren's Ward's legs are the same as they were last season IMO. The guy keeps himself super fit but has never been blessed with the greatest of pace. The way our team has been playing has been a joy to watch but it was inevitably meant a few more holes at the back meaning that Ward and Hall have looked exposed at times.

I would suggest Wardy would have struggled to keep up with a player like Emmanuel Thomas when he was 21. He brings a lot of other attributes to the table and is vital to our team this season I think.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:02:32 »

Just watched the football league show.

Thought fods looked flappy for flint's goal, ajose looked very lively for his goals and as for Ranger, strength, control, composure and deadly finish for his goal.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:09:56 »

Not the best have seen town play this season in fact the midfield was the worst have watched.
Deffo missed Mason and Pritchard - Luongo seemed to go missing in parts so left only Kasim to have a decent game tho cant criticize L Thompson, thought he played well enough.
Defence just seems to be missing something.Cant quite put my finger on what tho,
We made city look better than they were ( dont forget they havent won since march ) by bypassing the midfield and punting long. Gave them every chance to win the ball in an aerial battle. Though they did press the bal and close down well which does quicken/stifle creativity.
Having said that the front 3 had a blinder esp Ranger, he held the ball up very well and dummied/played some great balls off to his fellow strikers.

3 points is what matters and after getting none playing Wolves off the park last week will take them.
Cracking atmosphere in town end just like the 80s in fact, never even looked for our seats just stood in the gangway and for a change the usually anal stewards let that slide.
Bar is a piss poor design really but was a great laugh - nice touch to see the signed players shirts on the ceiling, hope that gets replenished before Chelsea   ( both the ceiling and bar )

Atmosphere wont be anywhere as good tuesday despite being a sell out.

Sill, onwards and upwards
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 12:17:23 »

The big black lad Thomas was superb.....hit that shot like a thunderbolt and even without a slight deflection Fods was fucked.

Clems Army!
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:19:33 »

I think that Ward & Hall struggle partly because Nathan & Jay Mac are almost playing as wingers, leaving them quite exposed.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #265 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:54:40 »

I think that Ward & Hall struggle partly because Nathan & Jay Mac are almost playing as wingers, leaving them quite exposed.

This, too many times Jay and Nath were pushing on leaving us open to fast strikers hitting us on the counter.

That said.....JET is too good for shitty, he was head and shoulders their best player, Pack on the other hand was annonymous, I am glad we didnt sign him and certainly not for £100k+ give me Kasim on a free any day who was excellent and only made one mistake letting in JET for the 2nd goal.

Ranger and DNG were outstanding all game, Ajose should have scored with the easy chance 1 on 1 with their keeper otherwise he looked very handy indeed.

Oh and a mention to Louis T who looked like he was playing his 100th game not just his 10th game, looked comfortable on and off the ball and older than his 18 years.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 13:59:25 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
china red

« Reply #266 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 14:29:35 »

Highlights on player now.

Nile Ranger looks like a great player in the making. 
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #267 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 14:30:22 »

I don't think I have seen a player with such a jump on him, hes like Tigger.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #268 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:29:03 »

The more I see of him the more I think that our season could hinge on the verdict reached in a Geordie courtroom in a few months time..

Special mention to Louis Thompson yesterday, never been impressed with him before but he was excellent.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Sunday, September 22, 2013, 15:37:25 »

I don't think I have seen a player with such a jump on him, hes like Tigger.

There's no need to call him the T word Wink
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: