Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town v Bristol City Official Matchday Thread  (Read 45884 times)
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #210 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:01:01 »

OK lets start with the negatives to get them out of the way. Fods*, Luongo** and Hall*** were below par. We were probably a bit lucky to win in some respects, yet we should have scored more.

* Looked flappy an indecisive all game. In no mans land for the first goal.
** mixed game. Tried to play some silly passes through the middle when simple balls out wide were the better option, ran into a few blind alleys. Yet also did very well at times.
*** Turned/beaten by his man far too easily
------------------
But forget all that.

It was a good derby game. They were on top, we responded, they were on top, we responded, they were on top, we were on top and scored the winner.

Ranger is a beast, strong and good in the air. N'Guessen ain't exactly a 10 stone weakling either, great shot that smacked the bar. Thought J Mac was a MOM contender. Ajose did well, but why didn't he take it on to complete his hatric!? Kasim looked good again. Louis Thompson did well under the circumstances.

But most important. We beat the slave trading scum 3-2. yessssssssssss.
Totally agree with all of that.  Defensively we were lapse and work needs to be done there.

Thoroughly enjoyed the game, although the last 5 minutes were nervy.

Will be interested to see the disallowed goal again.  If anything, Ranger was being pulled about in the run up.

Thought Kasim was excellent again, but does the yellow he picked up rule him out on Tuesday?

Got caught up in a bit of scuffling by the CGH.  A little girl got knocked over by a Police horse.  Luckily other than being obviously upset, she didn't seem injured.  
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:01:41 »

Just got in. Too many desperados to type properly. Worst seen midfield play all season  but front line did great. A win v slavetraders always welcome. Town end rocking and bar was a great crack. Quality game quality result . Tuesday will.be a let down after that
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:04:31 »

I think you have to give some credit to Bristol.  Yes, they will have raised their game today.  But they did match us in many areas.  Game really could have gone either way at the end.  They do seem rely heavily on a few key players, but will prob not be in the bottom four for long on today's showing.
woolster

« Reply #213 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:07:12 »

That was a proper football match. Both defences were fucking shocking and it was who fucked up least would win. All 5 goals were due to absolute bollox defending.
Their no 10 was a class above anything else in the City side and they'll do well to hang on to him.
Not sure about MOM for Town today - possibly Ranger more so for his 2nd half performance.
But as Batch says its bloody great to beat the Slave Trading 82ers.
Also yet another cunt of a ref. their no 11 should have got a 2nd yellow card when he flung himself to the floor and their no 22 went down like a sniper had hit him. How the fuck Louis got booked for a brilliant tackle was beyond me.  
Said to my mates there no 10 was class, what a great atmosphere, say what you want about Jed and co but they have IMO created something which is exciting, that took me back to the 80/90's, football wise it wasn't great but we deserved it as I thought city were poor, officials were awfull, the bar in the townend was superb albeit to Small
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:11:04 »

First game at the scg for me for months means it'll be a drab affair with my mate telling me after 'we haven't been playing like that all season mate, honest'.

glad to say I got that wrong. Really enjoyed watching that, especially as I was with 6 City fans in Exec. Harley said he tweeked his knee in training on Monday and will be out for 2 weeks btw.
bigbobjoylove

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:12:45 »

Shame about all these injuries, all in the same position aswell (Cox, Harley, Mason and Navarro)

THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:13:55 »

Excellent result but no way should the shitheads be down there....a lot better than the position they are in..

I think that's 17 league games without a win for them. I hope they Driscoll more time.

We were slack in the first half letting each other make the tackle and city pissed all over us down the wings.

Let's raise a toast to Ranger being a bit of a dick because if he wasn't he would be playing a higher standard than Swindon Town....the ball through his legs was fucking mint and I nearly shot in my pants...

Please practice corners , we were no threat and hit the first man every time.

Dannyboy seems to of have had a rebore and suddenly the big cunt has pace too....excellent.

Bring on Chelsea....nowt to lose Smiley

Clems Army!
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:15:30 »

Said to my mates there no 10 was class, what a great atmosphere, say what you want about Jed and co but they have IMO created something which is exciting, that took me back to the 80/90's, football wise it wasn't great but we deserved it as I thought city were poor, officials were awfull, the bar in the townend was superb albeit to Small

The fucker that kicked the ball away 30 yards in the first half was my favourite.....instant yellow.

Clems Army!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:15:38 »

I think you have to give some credit to Bristol.  Yes, they will have raised their game today.  But they did match us in many areas.  Game really could have gone either way at the end.  They do seem rely heavily on a few key players, but will prob not be in the bottom four for long on today's showing.

Can't disagree. I'm not sure we did enough to deserve the win, but who cares.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:16:30 »

I worry a little about our defence and from what I have read, wes does a little also!!

That said with the firepower we have in n'guessan, ranger and ajose we have as good as anything in the league.

Play-offs seem pretty realistic if we can sort out the defence. I note Carlisle have picked up since troy has gone there, don't think Ward is going to be able to last playing every game this season and we have no clue what this Brancao fella is like.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:18:46 »

Think people are being a little too generous to BCFC'82. Their defence is awful and I haven't seen such an awful goalkeeping display at the Cg since Phil Smith days. Fielding is truly terrible and it sounds liek City fans hate him, which means the bloke is going to have a torrid year, especially at home.

Yes their 10 is good (when he has the ball) but he looks very lazy off it.

City are where the deserve to be, they need to toughen up.

Word of praise for Flint, he had a good enouh game and clapping the entire crowd afterwards was very noble, respect to the bloke.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:41:30 by janaage » Logged
woolster

« Reply #221 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:32:54 »

Think people are being a little too generous to BCFC'82. Their defence is awful and I haven't seen such an awful display at the Cg since Phil Smith days. Fielding is truly terrible and it sounds liek City fans hate him, which means the bloke is going to have a torrid year, especially at home.

Yes their 10 is good (when he has the ball) but he looks very lazy off it.

City are where the deserve to be, they need to toughen up.

Word of praise for Flint, he had a good enouh game and clapping the entire crowd afterwards was very noble, respect to the bloke.
Agree with this
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #222 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:41:20 »

I'm not sure why someone suggested people should be eating their words about Flint. He did pretty much what people suggested he would; score at one end and not be able to keep goals out at the other.

They conceded their 17th, 18th and 19th league goals of the season today in only their 8th game. That's not a good defensive performance is it?

..never go back.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:44:20 »

Quite refreshing to hear we weren't as good as we have been, but won. I know I feel better tonight than I did last Saturday when the reverse happened.
Boner

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Saturday, September 21, 2013, 18:44:34 »

How the fuck Louis got booked for a brilliant tackle was beyond me.  

This. It was a fucking great tackle
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 ... 21   Go Up
Print
Jump to: