Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37885 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #210 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:01:38 »

I'm concerned that Foderingham is being told to play as a sweeper. His positioning and decision making are suffering and if it continues he'll not be developing at all.

That said, I'm sure the defensive unit will gel. If you think we're bad look at Bristol City at the moment Smiley - who have our ex 'star' defender.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #211 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 13:33:19 »

A nice blog from a Wolves fan here, singing our praises again...

http://www.wolvesblog.com/6234/wolves-3-swindon-town-2

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #212 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:27:34 »

Great effort yesterday, I thought we would fold at 2-0 down but that second half was superb. Sure the positives have been mentioned and I don't want to repeat them but the midfield three of Luongo, Kasim and Mason were a joy to watch at times. Just a shame Mason couldn't convert a few chances before his great strike at the end.

Backline looked shaky throughout, but they were up against some very good attacking players, the like of which no other League 1 side have. Saying that, Wolves also had some very average players and although they will win the league, they aren't stupidly good and we ripped them to shreds second half.

Special mention to Miles Storey - I know he is a Wolves fan but that doesn't mean he can try and assist them in scoring a goal. The lad really needs a loan move.

All in all, another very promising display and anything less than a play off finish would be hugely disappointing.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #213 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:38:05 »

Nice set of highlights... what the hell was Ward doing for their second? Completely switched off (again). Love Prichard's celebration after our first aimed at the Wolves fans.

I thought Hall was most culpable for the second. Griffiths had pulled off him into that space for a good amount of time before the ball was played over Hall's head without Hall reacting to close the gap, then he compounded the error by leaving Griffiths a big enough gap to put in a cross when he was in a position to force him back up the line.

I think criticism of our defence/ GK is harsh though, when we're pushing nine players forward in open play and Thompson and McEvely are pretty much playing as wingers.

Fuck it I am going to say it.

Hall seems to get a fair bit of stick at the moment but I am far more disappointed with Ward and Foderingham so far this season.

My main worry with the ward situation was that his legs are gone if we are being honest

Ward's legs had gone last season, it's not a new issue, he's just being left more exposed this season by a style of approach play that has shone a light on that flaw more clearly.

I still think our defenders are good for this level. Wolves defence was a total shambles and they're favourites to win the league. There's plenty to work on, but it was our finishing that cost us that game, not our defending.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #214 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:44:06 »

That's a generous analysis. From reading all the Wolves fans' comments on this and their forum, there's a refreshing absence of the billy big bollocks mentality that some other big clubs have shown at this level.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sűr ŕ propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #215 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:46:24 »

Fuck it I am going to say it.

Hall seems to get a fair bit of stick at the moment but I am far more disappointed with Ward and Foderingham so far this season.

My main worry with the ward situation was that his legs are gone if we are being honest

Wasnt having a pop at Hall - I like him as stated
Was more the situation of having both Hall and Ward playing together that seems to throwing a spanner in the defensive works because the 2 backs push so far up the pitch
Maybe with JMc back as an old head we could swop out Ward but for who ??
TAH seems to be playing ok for Carlisle even if his tweets yesterday were all about Carlisle and his former club Exeter, bugger all about Town, his employers.

Ward obv means a lot to the board who were keen to keep him even offering him some form of coaching
Ward is obv keen to be here taking a reduced wage albeit over a longer term

Bit of a conundrum

Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #216 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:51:57 »

Fucking hell, what's Troy meant to say?

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #217 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:57:02 »

Fucking hell, what's Troy meant to say?

Well he can say what he likes and usually does
Can understand him tweeting re carlisle as thats where he is loaned too

He never tweets re town tho, Exeter still yes
Whether his heart is still in it here I dont know - we heard the histrionics about his squad number etc and noone gets that all bent out of shape over just a squad number ffs
digby

Ignore
« Reply #218 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:32:17 »

Magnificent performance, the best I've seen Town play for years.

Rather than be downbeat about the result, I came away from that game with a big smile on my face - so proud to be a Swindon fan Grin

We totally outplayed them and a Wolves fan commented after the game 'total robbery that was!'

One main concern was Nathans defensive play - far too often he was caught out of position leaving our right side vulnerable, and it was no coincidence that most of their threat and their goals came from that area. I'm a great fan if Thommo but I think he needs to remember the prime role of a right back is to DEFEEND !
Nile didn't have the best of games either, his holdup play was good but too often his touch let him down at vital moments.

Man of the match had to be Kasim,he was amazing - calm and collected in possession, great vision and passing and some of his tackles were nothing short of brilliant, saving certain goal scoring opportunities.

I'm disappointed we didn't get any chants of 'Coopers Red n white army' going - think he deserves this now and would certainly be a nice reward for him to hear it  Clap
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #219 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:36:18 »

I'm disappointed we didn't get any chants of 'Coopers Red n white army' going - think he deserves this now and would certainly be a nice reward for him to hear it  Clap
there was a small group of lads near me who sang it for a couple of minutes solid but nobody else joined in
adje

Ignore
« Reply #220 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:52:09 »

We lost that game because our complete back 4 was awful and we missed too many chances.On the other hand our midfield 4 were absolutely outstanding and our approach play was the best Ive seen for years.Luongo and Kasim are the best midfield players weve had for years.But,our back 4 is shocking.However,I felt proud that we showed we are a good footballing side and passed them off the park.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #221 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 17:41:36 »

Anyone know how many away fans there today ?
Only gave full attendance at game

Will answer myself 
Allegedly 1800

http://the72.co.uk/away-team-followings-week-7/
REDBUCK

« Reply #222 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 17:53:29 »

Nice set of highlights... what the hell was Ward doing for their second? Completely switched off (again). Love Prichard's celebration after our first aimed at the Wolves fans.

Fuunny i saw it as Jay Mac no following his man back towards goal , he appears to  leave the defending to ward
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #223 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 18:31:43 »

Good write up, enjoyed it.  Shame he thinks Luongo is a loanee, though.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #224 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 18:35:35 »

That's a generous analysis. From reading all the Wolves fans' comments on this and their forum, there's a refreshing absence of the billy big bollocks mentality that some other big clubs have shown at this level.

Which is one reason they are near the top, and why they may get promoted at the first time of asking (I know it's early).  Fair play to them.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: