Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37229 times)
hudd01

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:25:13 »

Unsure how many - I was in the wolves end: didn't go down too well when I jumped up to cheer!

* IMG-20130914-WA0000.jpg (94.75 KB, 816x612 - viewed 303 times.)
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:34:29 »

Haha, fair play.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:34:51 »

Played bloody ace today, haven't seen the BBC stats but that will show a huge weighting towards us I would have thought.

Overhearing a few wolves fans walking to the car and they were saying how we were the best team they'd played this season and most of last, how the town fans made good noise and created an atmosphere and how we'll fall apart at the end of the season when the spurs boys go home...
We had a couple of Wolves fans come up and say the same to us and openly admit the better team had lost today.

I also shit myself when Thompson got booked as I thought it was heading Pritchards way and would've been sent off.
Ha, me too. Didn't see the challenge just saw Pritchard on the ground and the ref coming over and thought "Oh bugger".

We were immense today, played some great football, can't remember last time I enjoyed a defeat so much!
hudd01

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:38:23 »

There looked a colourful display from where I was sat.... Clap

* IMG_137753958521546.jpeg (86.63 KB, 720x540 - viewed 323 times.)
Abrahammer

A legitimate dude sighting

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:43:19 »

That was ridiculous, battered them for massive parts of the game.  Will do City by 3 or 4 next week if we play like that. That Sako matey was an absolute beast of a man.

Thought the atmosphere was a bit rubbish apart the odd few minutes here and there, the layout of our away section didn't help that though.

Good day on the beer though
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:52:38 »

That last pic shows just how far that stupid stand is from the pitch
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:58:22 by @mwooly63 » Logged
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 22:59:44 »

What a strange match that was. Enjoyed it tremendously despite the result.

It's hard to be downbeat when you know you have a full season of watching that team ahead of you.
« Last Edit: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 23:01:31 by BruceChatwin » Logged
@mwooly63

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: Saturday, September 14, 2013, 23:04:32 »

shit myself when Thompson got booked

He cant be far off a ban under the totting up
Ban after 5 yellows IIRC
Freddies Ferret

« Reply #188 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 07:24:30 »

Anyone else waking up feeling robbed ?
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #189 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 07:34:39 »

I've been thinking that next week might be very interesting. Isn't Flint exactly the wrong type of centre half to have in your side if your facing a bunch of quick interpassing midfielders in and around the penalty area? Pritchard could run between his legs with the ball and tie the fucker in knots.
I think he EXACTLY the type of player that Ranger will thrive against, he has no pace and will give away free kicks and penalties against a quick tricky striker if we keep the ball on the floor against him.
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 07:37:58 by Peter Venkman » Logged

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 08:53:36 »

He cant be far off a ban under the totting up
Ban after 5 yellows IIRC

We seem to pick up a lot of yellows for the sort of team we are, possibly as a result of committing so many men forward and needing last ditch fouls to cut off the counter-attack.

My instinct, without counting, is that a number of our key players: Thompson, Pritchard, Kasim, Mason, possibly Luongo, are not far off a suspension.

Anyone got the actual stats?

My concern would be anyone who's one away from suspension could well end up being under-committed in the Bristol City game with a view to Chelsea on the Tuesday.

Swindon-Town-FC.co.uk

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 09:01:52 »

My instinct, without counting, is that a number of our key players: Thompson, Pritchard, Kasim, Mason, possibly Luongo, are not far off a suspension.

Pritchard is on four bookings, Mason & Thompson three, Luongo two.... doesn't sound right, but according to my stats, Kasim has only been booked once!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 09:03:36 »

We seem to pick up a lot of yellows for the sort of team we are, possibly as a result of committing so many men forward and needing last ditch fouls to cut off the counter-attack.

Anyone got the actual stats?

My concern would be anyone who's one away from suspension could well end up being under-committed in the Bristol City game with a view to Chelsea on the Tuesday.

According to OS, yellow cards are as follows

Thompson, 3
Pritchard, 4
Kasim, 1
Mason, 3
Luongo 2
« Last Edit: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 09:05:36 by ghanimah » Logged

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 09:07:41 »

Wow. I've never seen anything like that yesterday. Probably one of the best games I've ever seen.

We were good value for the win and how we've come away with nothing at all is absolutely staggering. Credit to Wolves I suppose for soaking up heaps and heaps of pressure, they can really counter.

Difficult to single out a MOTM but I'd probably have to go for Kasim. It would've been Mason had he not spurned so many chances, what a goal btw. Pleased for N'Guessan, a real tidy finish after a good show of strength to get in on goal. Just imagine if we had a Griffiths up front... Easily their best player yesterday, I expected more from Sako who, despite being skilful didn't pose too much of a threat.

I cannot wait to see this lot take the utter piss out of Flint next week.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
BruceChatwin

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 09:19:06 »

Pritchard is on four bookings, Mason & Thompson three, Luongo two.... doesn't sound right, but according to my stats, Kasim has only been booked once!

Cheers. So they can largely smash into City without too much concern. Smiley

Interesting how Pritchard has picked up the most bookings. His general effort and commitment in the challenge have really taken me by surprise this season. You wouldn't have thought he was that sort of player to look at him, with his small stature, skilful feet and fluorescent yellow boots.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 19   Go Up
Print
Jump to: