Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wolverhampton Wanderers v Swindon Town Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37231 times)
Flashheart

« Reply #270 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:17:28 »

You're getting a bit boring on this now. Yes, we know your an arch-loyalist. Some people complain by nature, some people complain when there's something to complain about, and some people just complain all the time about other people complaining. Can we move on?

What the fuck are you talking about you daft cunt? I've barely said a thing about Cooper. In fact I've not had much to say at all regarding football on the forum lately.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #271 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:31:30 »

No. I think the linesman flagged that one, possibly because McCleod was between the ball and the goal and so deemed to be interfering. You'd have to ask him on that one though.

I think the lino wrongly raised the flag against Baldock...
bassett boy

we will overcome

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:34:37 »

Reg we got a good draw with 10 men at franchise
Based on your theory if it was not for a misjudgement by the lino in 1966 England  may have not won the world cup?
Flashheart

« Reply #273 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:36:50 »

I blame Cooper's assistant  Wink
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:37:11 »

What the fuck are you talking about you daft cunt? I've barely said a thing about Cooper. In fact I've not had much to say at all regarding football on the forum lately.

OK, apologies then. Just sounded like you were doing your thing of laying into anyone who criticised the current regime, when for a long time there were good reasons for people to be asking awkward questions when faced with a lack of openness and clarity. Given our history and the evidence on offer, scepticism was a healthy opening position.

Certainly events since July - changes in board membership, investments in players and structure - have reduced suspicion of Jed's gang. I wouldn't criticise people for being a bit negative in the Spring, but being completely anti-board by this stage is about as passé as pretending to be for the sake of sarcasm.

It's fair enough to express a concern at being bottom of the fair play league though, since that risks upsetting the balance of the team. That's what a forum's for isn't it?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:38:07 »

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. As I alluded to, only he'd know!

Regardless I don't see how Attwell had that much to do with it. Which was the original point I believe.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:42:53 »

Maybe he did and maybe he didn't. As I alluded to, only he'd know!

Regardless I don't see how Attwell had that much to do with it. Which was the original point I believe.

Attwell is the final arbiter...so the decision is his.
Paolo69

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 13:49:12 »

Maybe he felt McCleod was interfering then so went with the linesman's decision regardless of why he stuck the flag up.

There's a lot of if, buts and maybe's going on here but I'll back Cooper's actions based on what I saw at the time and subsequently on the box.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 14:28:45 »

FH is missing his rabbit, that's why he seems angry.
fuzzy

A Bastard apparently

Ignore
« Reply #279 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 14:35:29 »

Would he have blown up if his assistant han't flagged?
dalumpimunki

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 18:41:28 »

OK, apologies then. Just sounded like you were doing your thing of laying into anyone who criticised the current regime, when for a long time there were good reasons for people to be asking awkward questions when faced with a lack of openness and clarity. Given our history and the evidence on offer, scepticism was a healthy opening position.

But he wasn't even talking about "the regime" and peoples past attitudes to it, he was just having a go at Reg for being a moany old cunt. Hardly the first time someones mentioned it, and pretty much the definition of pissing in the wind, but hardly something to be up in arms about.

As far as the cards are concerned I'm sure Coopers already had a go about it, and the first suspension so few games into the season will reinforce it. Mind you, it's worth remembering that a significant proportion of the forum spent most of the first few weeks of the season predicting that our entire side were a bunch of lightweights that would get bullied out of every game we played. They might have bent the stick a little bit too far in the other direction, but at least it means they're prepared to scrap. Just need to rein it in a bit.

..never go back.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Tuesday, September 17, 2013, 19:18:36 »

OK I apologise again. I was guilty of trying to have the argument from the other thread at the same time as the old one with Flashheart. Sorry again. Move on folks, nothing to see here.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: