Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46716 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:10:41 »

If we do think it's genuine, shouldn't we remove it as it potentially gives other sides an indication of how we're likely to set up against them? Thinking mainly here of the ones where it says we're going for a draw. Although I suppose not knowing our targets hasn't proved a great obstacle to most sides being able to turn us over with comparative ease

i hope an adver hack reads it and questions wilson on it
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:12:12 »

That type of thing would be in a lot of dressing rooms around the country. I don't see the problem with it.

As for it being down that we're not expecting to get anything from Brighton and Hudders, it could work in our favour if the players are more relaxed going into those games?

I'm sure Danny Wilson and the team go in to every game trying to win, players can't do anything but.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #167 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:13:02 »

Storm in a tea cup. If there were loads of 3's you'd criticise them for being unrealistic.

The only act of stupidity is that they left the board out. I'm oddly reassured that the club acknowledge that there will be defeats against teams that are likely to beat us! Realism isn't it?

They will still go into every game with the target of getting something from it, let us not go loco over this.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:17:40 »

I think he should have put 0 for all of them, seeing as the team are more likely to get the opposite of what is required. Plus, it would allow them to be completely relaxed with no pressure whatsoever going into every game. Maybe even 15 x 3 + 31 = 76 ... possible play off position?
woolster

« Reply #169 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:22:42 »

I think he should have put 0 for all of them, seeing as the team are more likely to get the opposite of what is required. Plus, it would allow them to be completely relaxed with no pressure whatsoever going into every game. Maybe even 15 x 3 + 31 = 76 ... possible play off position?
and pigs some day will learn how to fly, lets take it one game at a time, starting at st marys Eek

Ignore
« Reply #170 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:23:43 »

putting 0 against a team in your own division i find inexcusable.
we should be taking each game as it comes, and focusing solely on the next fixture.1 game at a time,not playing mystic meg to the squad.
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:29:46 »

Sorry, after Carlisle thats 14 x 3 + 31. Can we still do it on 73?

Oink, oink and away!
wheretherealredsare
Change me

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:31:26 »

Anyway, he hasn't put 0. He's put / obviously expecting those games to be postponed.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:33:57 »

putting 0 against a team in your own division i find inexcusable.
we should be taking each game as it comes, and focusing solely on the next fixture.1 game at a time,not playing mystic meg to the squad.

Considering that "anyone can beat anyone" according to many, i agree.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
flammableBen

« Reply #174 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 13:38:18 »

Anyway, he hasn't put 0. He's put / obviously expecting those games to be postponed.

or "they're the hardest games let's concentrate on the easier ones and worry about them when we get there".

There's enough to be having ago at Wilson about, but I think an out of context picture of a whiteboard is probably taking it a bit far.

Maybe he'd been asking the squad what there targets were, where they were confident that they could pick up points? Classic managerial bollocks in any line of work that isn't it? - Getting a team to set and invest in their own targets.

I'm more interested in what the mysterious text in the top left hand corner says.

* mystery.jpg (17.05 KB, 272x235 - viewed 85 times.)
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 14:16:51 »

That definitely says TEF 2nd line from the bottom on the right.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
mrverve

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 14:22:22 »

Lets all blame Wilson, even for the trivial things. Its the way nowadays.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 14:23:39 »

I'm more interested in what the mysterious text in the top left hand corner says.

I think it's Ogham script

[url width=579 height=280]http://www.attymass.ie/historical_documents/misc_monuments/ogham_key_1.gif[/url]

Probably says something like O'Brien's hamstrings are made of cheese.
flammableBen

« Reply #178 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 14:24:58 »

I think it says. "Can you remove tactical stuff off white board before visitor tours"
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: Tuesday, February 22, 2011, 15:09:56 »

Whilst you could argue expecting 0 points from a game is reasonable, you would think that Wilson would keep this to himself and the management team. Otherwise, what kind of mindset does that set for the players when they know they're not expected to get anything from the game.

Shocking.

I dunno, in a roundabout way - it might help.

If the players arent expect to win, then they might relax in a 'nothing to lose' kind of way and with the pressure off play a bit better?

Your classic minnow vs top team nothing to lose so we relax and play well in the FA Cup.

Then anything is an expected bonus and a confidence boost.

Although, I suppose its not a one off game like the FA Cup and the pressure of relegation will still be on come Hudders and Brighton. Places we picked up 4 points from last season.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: