Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46735 times)
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:06:27 »

are we certain its not points we play to give away?
JuliasEastoe

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:32:27 »

Should we start looking at ourselves, The Swindon Supporter, for what is wrong with the club. There seemed to be little adverse reaction to the result on Saturday with a few " what a load of rubbish" chants, a bit of booing and a few whimperings of "Wilson Out!" Is this really all the town fans can muster, if we expect passion from the players perhaps it is time for us to show that passion to gather outside the Cecil Green suite and demand the change that only a  newly appointed inspirational manager can bring.
On this site the consensus seems for Danny to go, the same for thisisswindon, however the BBC are under the impression that Danny is well supported by the fans, proof that the message is not getting thorough. The very least we should be doing is staying on after the final whistle and venting our feelings to the players, the directors and the manager instead of sneaking off early to get to the car park first, or to catch the latest episode of Strictly  come fucking dancing.

It is time for the Town fans to unite!!!
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:42:02 »

The consensus you're looking for does not exist.  Earlier in the season, there was a split between those fans who wanted DW out, and those who felt he could not have become a bad manager overnight and needed more time.  (The first serious calls for a change were being made as early as November, I recall).  I was in the latter camp, as were many of the regular posters here.  With the benefit of hindsight, I now accept that giving DW more time has not borne the results we were hoping for.

However, while most fans do now accept that the club is not heading in the direction we would want, there is a new split - between those who want him out now and those who honestly believe that sacking a manager at this stage would serve little purpose.  So there is still no consensus to unite around, I'm afraid.  For what it's worth, I think we're just going to have to dig in and get on with this.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:43:20 »

Should we start looking at ourselves, The Swindon Supporter, for what is wrong with the club. There seemed to be little adverse reaction to the result on Saturday with a few " what a load of rubbish" chants, a bit of booing and a few whimperings of "Wilson Out!" Is this really all the town fans can muster, if we expect passion from the players perhaps it is time for us to show that passion to gather outside the Cecil Green suite and demand the change that only a  newly appointed inspirational manager can bring.
On this site the consensus seems for Danny to go, the same for thisisswindon, however the BBC are under the impression that Danny is well supported by the fans, proof that the message is not getting thorough. The very least we should be doing is staying on after the final whistle and venting our feelings to the players, the directors and the manager instead of sneaking off early to get to the car park first, or to catch the latest episode of Strictly  come fucking dancing.

It is time for the Town fans to unite!!!

Fans calling for the manager's head doesn't really have much of a record...it happened with John Trollope, we got Ken Beamish...it happened with McMahon we got Jimmy Quinn.

The Board have made their decision....they're not idiots despite what some thisis mongs think, we're best off supporting everyone at the club.
JuliasEastoe

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:45:00 »

Fans calling for the manager's head doesn't really have much of a record...it happened with John Trollope, we got Ken Beamish...it happened with McMahon we got Jimmy Quinn.

The Board have made their decision....they're not idiots despite what some thisis mongs think, we're best off supporting everyone at the club.

Did not the sacking of Malpas bring about an immediate change!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:57:23 »

Did not the sacking of Malpas bring about an immediate change!

No, in fact the reverse....Malpas went for back to back cup defeats + wasting cash on Yinka.

The 3 previous league games, we'd won 2 and drawn 1....we then didn't win for 8 games under Byrne.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:58:46 »

I think we know the board have made their decision to stick with Wilson.

If the god awful results and relegation to L2 hasnt changed their mind, the voices of us fans wont.

They've backed their horse.
flammableBen

« Reply #127 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:59:28 »

Oi DV you giant hobbit. How does one of the teams around the relegation zone getting deducted 10 points change the final target? Surely you should be looking at how much would normally get you to finish a place below?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 14:59:39 »

Lets back the team then

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:03:29 »

Carlisle United
Played: 29
Points Per Game: 1.41
Points Left Available: 51
Points Needed for 52: 11
Points Per Game Required: 0.65

Exeter City
Played: 30
Points Per Game: 1.37
Points Left Available: 48
Points Needed for 52: 11
Points Per Game Required: 0.69

Hartlepool United
Points Per Game: 1.33
Points Needed for 52: 12
Points Per Game Required: 0.75

Tranmere Rovers
Points Per Game: 1.28
Points Needed for 52: 15
Points Per Game Required: 0.88

Sheffield Wednesday
Points Per Game: 1.24
Points Needed for 52: 16
Points Per Game Required: 0.94

Brentford
Points Per Game: 1.24
Points Needed for 52: 16
Points Per Game Required: 0.94

Notts County
Played: 27
Points Per Game: 1.30
Points Left Available: 57
Points Needed for 52: 17
Points Per Game Required: 0.89

Yeovil Town
Points Per Game: 1.10
Points Needed for 52: 19
Points Per Game Required: 1.19

Swindon Town
Played: 32
Points Per Game: 0.97
Points Left Available: 42
Points Needed for 52: 21
Points Per Game Required: 1.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walsall
Played: 32
Points Per Game: 0.94
Points Left Available: 42
Points Required for 52: 22
Points Per Game Required: 1.57

Bristol Rovers
Played: 31
Points Per Game: 0.97
Points Left Available: 45
Points Needed for 52: 22
Points Per Game Required: 1.47

Dagenham & Redbridge
Played : 28
Points Per Game: 1.00
Points Left Available: 54
Points Needed for 52: 24
Points Per Game Required: 1.33

Plymouth Argyle
Played: 31
Points Per Game: 0.74 (1.07)
Points Left Available: 45
Points Needed for 52: 29
Points Per Game Required: 1.93

We're still fucked.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:04:13 »

So with Plymouth out of the picture, this means we hope Dagenham lose their games in hand then we need to match Walsall's results for the rest of the season?
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:05:06 »

So with Plymouth out of the picture, this means we hope Dagenham lose their games in hand then we need to match Walsall's results for the rest of the season?

Yeah easy ain't it !
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:06:28 »

Oh, and hope Rovers lose at Brentford tomorrow.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #133 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:07:43 »

Typical fucking Swindon. A slight glimmer of hope when I had convinced myself that all is lost. It's the hope that gets you Sad
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 15:20:00 »

Typical fucking Swindon. A slight glimmer of hope when I had convinced myself that all is lost. It's the hope that gets you Sad

This.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: