Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: the countdown to 52  (Read 46726 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 14:54:17 »

Gary Johnson should come in tomorrow!

When Johnson inherited the mess left by Tinnion at Shitty, they won 2 of their next 11 games, including 8 straight defeats, before he sorted it out.  Kind of gives an insight into how difficult it can be to turn around a sinking ship.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:02:41 »

...and then they finished 9th.

Further proof we should have got rid of Wilson months ago.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:11:07 »

Further proof we should have got rid of Wilson months ago.

It's a good example as to why Wilson should have maybe been sacked months ago, it's not proof though.

Over the years plenty of managers have been installed to 'rescue' a season and have failed miserably.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:15:41 »

Sorry, I was in STFC-4-THE-MOMENT mode.

No, of course its not proof. Just shows that sometimes a new manager takes a while to sort things out. As Bristol City are now an established Championship club I think its fair to say it all worked out in the end.

It also shows a new manager isnt always an instant quick fix, we've stuck with Wilson so long that we need an instant quick (miracle) fix and we need it last week.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:20:36 »

No, of course its not proof. Just shows that sometimes a new manager takes a while to sort things out. As Bristol City are now an established Championship club I think its fair to say it all worked out in the end.

It also shows a new manager isnt always an instant quick fix, we've stuck with Wilson so long that we need an instant quick (miracle) fix and we need it last week.

I'm not sure any manager could revive our sack of shit....we've just got too many of the wrong sort of players for the league we're in. It could be argued that getting in a new fella, will give him a chance to start to prepare for next season, but I don't much like the idea of beginning next season with a boss tarnished by relegation.
Costanza

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:23:04 »

A fair point.

My concern is that too many people believe that if Wilson left, Gary Johnson's appointment would be a given. I'm not so sure it would be. What if Wilson goes and the club appoint internally? Or bring in a dour old schooler?

Whenever Fitton's third appointment is made, it needs to be one that the fans can back without caution/concern.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:25:35 »

I see where you are coming from but right about now I think the fans would back anyone who wasnt Wilson.

Sure, technically the hypothetical new manager would get us relegated but I dont think anyone would hold him responsible.
woolster

« Reply #112 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:26:59 »

i think with this group of players andy king could do a better job than wilson Hmmm
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:35:24 »

I see where you are coming from but right about now I think the fans would back anyone who wasnt Wilson.

Sure, technically the hypothetical new manager would get us relegated but I dont think anyone would hold him responsible.

A lot of our mongs, only see in black and white....they'll assume anyone other than Wilson will magically get the wins to keep us up...ergo when we're relegated he'll share in the flak.
STFC-4-LIFE

« Reply #114 on: Sunday, February 20, 2011, 15:37:55 »

A lot of our mongs, only see in black and white....they'll assume anyone other than Wilson will magically get the wins to keep us up...ergo when we're relegated he'll share in the flak.

Don't agree with that, It wouldn't be the new manager's fault at all if we go down, We're going down with Wilson so what have we got to lose, There's no gamble to be made in my opinion, It's shit or bust!
DA15red

Ignore
« Reply #115 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 13:50:00 »

Did tour of CG Sat and DW's targets for the rest of the season were pinned up in the changing room;

Carlisle 3
Southampton 1
Walsall 3
Plymouth 3
D&R 3
Huddersfield 0
Brighton 0
Exeter 3
Hartlepool 3
Brentford 1
Franchise 3
Notts C 3
Sheff W 1
Oldham 3
Tranmere 1
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #116 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 13:51:49 »

he might as well add Unicorns and Leprechaun to his list.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #117 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 13:55:44 »

Carlisle 3

Got off to a good start then
london_red

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 13:59:00 »

I'm as hopeful as anyone but aiming to win 9 of our last 15 when we'd won 7 in 31 so far is going a bit far.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: Monday, February 21, 2011, 13:59:27 »

only get beat twice the remainder of the season ?

Deluded twat
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 ... 26   Go Up
Print
Jump to: