Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81228 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #135 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:01:48 »

Ah none of us follow Swindon Town for the glory... Just the hope.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:04:21 »

I agree totally Chalkie. And seeing as how we got to the play off final last year, I don't see why it should take another 10 to get there again Reg. I think you're being a bit overly pessimistic there..most unlike you Huh?

But we didn't make it last season....close but not close enough, even had we made it, would we as a club been sorted enough to sustain it for any length of time....getting the CG sorted has to happen before we can start to see some sustainable progress.
glos_robin

« Reply #137 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:04:30 »

Rough with the smooth, show some loyalty!
Just out of interest if we did get relegated would you advocate staying loyal to Wilson and let him have a go at getting us back up?
Spencer_White

« Reply #138 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:05:57 »

Just out of interest if we did get relegated would you advocate staying loyal to Wilson and let him have a go at getting us back up?

No, I think if we are relegated then he will have lost the plot (Barring an absolute disaster in terms of injuries).

But he 100% deserves the chance to restore pride this season, and Im very confident he will, and we'll be stronger for it next season.
« Last Edit: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:08:11 by Spencer_White » Logged
glos_robin

« Reply #139 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:09:43 »

No, I think if we are relegated then he will have lost the plot.

But he 100% deserves the chance to restore pride this season, and Im very confident he will, and we'll be stronger for it next season.
Thats fair enough but I guess my main concern is just how close to relegation we'd let him take us
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:16:48 »

Ah none of us follow Swindon Town for the glory... Just the hope.

I can handle disappointment. It's the hope I can't stand.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
Spencer_White

« Reply #141 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:17:45 »

Thats fair enough but I guess my main concern is just how close to relegation we'd let him take us

He deserves that faith.

Besides, youve got no guarantees we would get anyone better. Wilson is part of the fabric of the club now, we would have to be certaintees for relegation to sack him before the end of the season.

Any supporter who calls for his head before then is just harming the chances of the club.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:19:29 »

But we didn't make it last season....close but not close enough, even had we made it, would we as a club been sorted enough to sustain it for any length of time....getting the CG sorted has to happen before we can start to see some sustainable progress.

I can't really see how getting up to the Championship and staying there is dependent on the development of the County Ground. Colchester managed to get up there whilst still playing at Layer Road. Unlike Layer Road, whilst the CG is not the greatest stadium around, you can still get 15,000 in there which surely whould be enough to sustain survival at that level until it does get redeveloped (which is of course essential in the long term)
Spencer_White

« Reply #143 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:21:23 »

I can't really see how getting up to the Championship and staying there is dependent on the development of the County Ground. Colchester managed to get up there whilst still playing at Layer Road. Unlike Layer Road, whilst the CG is not the greatest stadium around, you can still get 15,000 in there which surely whould be enough to sustain survival at that level until it does get redeveloped (which is of course essential in the long term)

Have you seen what the corporate packages cost? Works out cheaper than a normal match ticket some games.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #144 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:27:41 »

The corporate facilities are improved but still low standard in my opinion.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:31:14 »

He deserves that faith.

Besides, youve got no guarantees we would get anyone better. Wilson is part of the fabric of the club now, we would have to be certaintees for relegation to sack him before the end of the season.

Any supporter who calls for his head before then is just harming the chances of the club.

Agreed. Talk of getting rid of Wilson is total fucking bollocks. There's a pretty fine between being a mid-table side and one going for the play offs or even automatic promotion. I've said all along that we're not far from being a very good side and I stand by that.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #146 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:33:43 »

You are right we are not far off but we are still off and that has to be down to Wilsons signings. I actually think he will turn it round but i can genuinly understand why some fans are miffed with him at the moment.

I don't understand him sometimes.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #147 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 19:44:17 »

I think he'll turn it around as well, but my faith in the team and the manager was almost diminished completely after the last game. Up there with Histon, only difference is that Malpas never got us playing like Wilson has previously, which is why I'm prepared to give Wilson plenty more time.

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 20:59:59 »

I can't really see how getting up to the Championship and staying there is dependent on the development of the County Ground.

We have to have sources of funding outside of match days, this is the reason why we sell players. There's still no guarantee with a redevelopment that this would generate funds, but it would certainly help.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Monday, December 13, 2010, 14:47:15 »

Brian Clough's stock answer to when he was ever asked how things were going as manager
of Nottingham Forest,was "Surviving".

I'd suggest that only Fergie or Wenger can ever really feel totally secure.

Hopefully with a change of fortune,Danny will look less like a manager under pressure on the touchline,than of late.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: