Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 46   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Wilson Out  (Read 81239 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:46:15 »

It is since yesterday.
That's a very good point. I might have misread your original post which I thought was comparing "He took us to the play-offs last season" with "Not become a bad manager over night". My apologies.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 12:49:59 »

That's a very good point. I might have misread your original post which I thought was comparing "He took us to the play-offs last season" with "Not become a bad manager over night". My apologies.

My posts often have deep hidden meanings.

You'll do well to be careful in future.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #122 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 13:02:57 »

I still don't want to see Wilson sacked. I think he'll come good again. But for the first time ever yesterday I plain couldn't be assed to go. I can see how fans fall out of the habit.

Crawley results come along every now and then. Actually too frequently.

The thing that pi**es me off is the missed oppertunity to kick on from last season, both on and off the pitch (increasing the fan base).

In my mind I know Wilson is a good manager. I know two seasons are rarely the same and I know this is the price we were always likely to pay for getting gubbed by Millwall at Wembley. We will recover.

In my heart I'm wondering will it ever get good for us (promotion to championship) again. Everything seemed right and in place for another good season, but it went so wrong.

Erm, not sure what I'm going on about. But make it stop. Grow some bollocks and win some games.

Thaat is all.

This is the best post this season IMO.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 13:16:31 »

My posts often have deep hidden meanings.

You'll do well to be careful in future.
I'll certainly bear that in mind. Not least as an excuse to use myself when I post something which doesn't on the face of it make a whole lot of sense Smiley
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 17:13:18 »

FWIW, it was pretty obvious we'd lose once Douglas got sent off....the only surprise being that it wasn't on pens.

I've said before there's very little between our lot and the likes of Crawley....so a close game was was always likely....playing with 10 men for 75 mins tipped the balance.

DW now joins the roll call of shame of managers I've seen lose to NL sides....Bert Head, Danny Williams, Lou Macari, Steve McMahon and Maurice Malpas.  However only one chairman has 2 of these on his CV....

No-one much cares about the FA Cup anymore, as evidenced by a sub 3000K gate...fucking about closing stands and allowing Crawley to wear red.

I was pleasantly surprised we didn't lose there on live TV....but no longer feel any sense of hurt from such a result....on to Oldham, bit of a graveyard, undefeated at home this season, you'd have to be a loon to expect a win.
nochee

« Reply #125 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 17:17:29 »

There are 5 loons on the prediction league then.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 18:05:13 »

you'd have to be a loon to expect a win.

We will win Reg. Write it down Yes
Lumps

« Reply #127 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 21:08:12 »

I'll certainly bear that in mind. Not least as an excuse to use myself when I post something which doesn't on the face of it make a whole lot of sense Smiley

You might as well include it on your sig line now then.
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Wednesday, December 8, 2010, 21:48:30 »

e)  Douglas appears to be struggling (like lots of cricket captains), to be both the talisman of the team and the captain.

[/quote]

I thought Douglas looked very out of sorts last night, Crawley had a man on him all the time and he got increasingly frustrated, he had caught one of their players just before and when he over-ran the ball he flew into the tackle. Either he was getting frustrated and thought I'll nail them or was trying to sort out Crawley and try and impose himself. It was a bit reckless when we were 2-1 up and in 1st half injury time

In a strange way it might do Douglas the world of good. We rushed him back after his broken toe and he picked up a secondary injury with his groin. He didn't look fit against and could hardly move by the end of the game but he has enough about him to sit in there and win tackles. Maybe 2-3 weeks off for him to get the niggling injuries out the way and come back re-charged.

We looked very flat last night and seemed reluctant to try and get the ball down and play, Crawley won all the secondary play but were prepared to go at us. If you compare us when down to 10 men against Plymouth in the home league game then clearly there are some problems. It needs some fresh faces and for Wilson to decide his best team and stick to it.

thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 11:18:43 »

Dreaded vote of confidence from Fitton?

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/8726814.Danny_s_our_man/
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Thursday, December 9, 2010, 11:19:10 »

Should really have read the other thread first....
Spencer_White

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:32:54 »

Danny Wilson is rock solid at STFC. A lot of the problems this season are either bad luck, or due to the sustainable development program of the board.

By that I dont mean to criticise the board at all. But when we say we want to invest in young players, if we go and buy an experienced centre back to replace Greer, then what is the point of investing all that time and effort on a youth set up with the likes of the Sean Morrison's? Its not the policy of the club.

And if we had a manager like Sturrock, who gets his teams to sit on midfields and kill a game then yes we might be 4 or 5 places up the league. But we wouldnt have hit the heights we did last season. You wouldnt have seen that classic PO game against Charlton at the CG, and you wouldnt have seen us put 6 goals past Leeds United. Rough with the smooth, show some loyalty!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:40:07 »

Danny Wilson is rock solid at STFC. A lot of the problems this season are either bad luck, or due to the sustainable development program of the board.

By that I dont mean to criticise the board at all. But when we say we want to invest in young players, if we go and buy an experienced centre back to replace Greer, then what is the point of investing all that time and effort on a youth set up with the likes of the Sean Morrison's? Its not the policy of the club.

And if we had a manager like Sturrock, who gets his teams to sit on midfields and kill a game then yes we might be 4 or 5 places up the league. But we wouldnt have hit the heights we did last season. You wouldnt have seen that classic PO game against Charlton at the CG, and you wouldnt have seen us put 6 goals past Leeds United. Rough with the smooth, show some loyalty!

Exactly....it's fairly obvious, that Wilson is carrying out the policy of the Board, which means we'll tend to be inconsistent. It could be 10 years before this comes to anything...
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #133 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:49:57 »

Although Sturrock got us promoted I couldn't stand his brand of football - it was so fucking boring and we only just scraped over the finishing line. Under Wilson I've seen the best football since Hoddle was here. Although I'm pretty fed up at the moment I'm still loyal to Wilson. If we could get the defence sorted we could go on a decent run but as it is, its one step forward and one step back. The joys of being a Town fan.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Sunday, December 12, 2010, 18:58:35 »

Although I'm pretty fed up at the moment I'm still loyal to Wilson. If we could get the defence sorted we could go on a decent run but as it is, its one step forward and one step back. The joys of being a Town fan.

I agree totally Chalkie. And seeing as how we got to the play off final last year, I don't see why it should take another 10 to get there again Reg. I think you're being a bit overly pessimistic there..most unlike you Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 46   Go Up
Print
Jump to: